In the Middle East with the economy growth to more than 5% in 2012 and the population also growing, there is a growing demand for medicines. Countries like UAE, Turkey and Egypt, etc. have a huge growth potential.
The Middle East and Africa pharmaceutical market are estimated to grow from USD 1.86 billion in 2016 to USD 2.46 billion by the end of 2021 at a CAGR of 4.75%. The growth is spurred by the opening of production facilities by global giants in this region.
Africa’s economy is booming due to the relatively stable political scenario in the region and the enormous investments by companies from around the world. The African pharmaceutical market is growing rapidly, driven by countries like South Africa, Nigeria and Ghana.
Their manufacture and subsequent handling within the supply chain of pharmaceutical products needs special conditions in terms of both packaging and handling. This is due to the sensitive nature of drugs which when exposed to the atmosphere lose their therapeutic properties. This makes it imperative for the pharmaceutical manufacturers to follow stringent requirements to protect consumer safety and environmental regulations. Increasing cost pressures on pharmaceutical manufacturers is forcing them to pass on this cost on to packaging companies which have become one of the driving forces of the pharmaceutical packaging market. The rise in self-medication and over-the-counter products is also contributing to the growth of this industry.
The concerns for Middle East area are that the region is prone to be unstable. This instability caused due to extremism and terrorism affects the companies investing in the market and also spooks the future investors. With the USA providing a lot of support to countries from this region these fears should be allayed. As sanctions against Iran are being lifted gradually this region will grow and prosper.
In Africa, while missing and underdeveloped supply chains remain an obstacle for rapid growth in demand for pharmaceutical packaging in the region, the opportunities for vertical growth in manufacturing and food processing are tremendous. Widely spread population with minimal densities could pose a challenge in the near term, although investments from countries like China are facilitating the creation of new economic hubs with much higher population densities and better standards of living.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the market segmented on the basis of packaging material used and the end user industry. The various products used in pharmaceutical packaging are explained along with their market shares and forecasts. Detailed estimates for the next five years are included along with the analysis of the major players and their strategies. Some of the major vendors are Amcor, CCL Industries, Intrapac, Rexam Plc and Schott AG.
- Growing pressure on pharma companies to cut costs
- Steps being taken against counterfeit products
- Rigorous control regulations and administration and qualification demand
- Growth in over-the-counter market
- Environmental concerns and recycling issues
- Increasing raw material costs
Reasons to buy this report
- The report gives complete market insights, the driving forces of the market, the challenges market faces, about different pharmaceutical packaging technologies and their applications.
- It gives market trends of types of pharmaceutical packaging technology and its applications.
- A complete market breakdown has been done by different countries to give a detailed picture of the market in that particular region.
- The report also gives information on major vendors of pharmaceutical packaging products, their existing share in the market, strategies they adopt along with the major products, financials, recent developments and profile of these vendors.
Who should be interested in this report?
- Vendors who are into manufacturing of these products as they can get an overview of what competitors are doing and also which markets they can look forward to expanding their operations.
- Processed food suppliers in need of better understanding of different technologies and products.
- Investors who are willing to invest in this market.
- Consultants who can have readymade analysis to guide their clients.
- Anyone who wants to know about this industry.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growth in Pharmaceutical industries in Emerging economies
4.2.2 Growing demand for drug delivery devices & Blister packaging market
4.2.3 Contribution of Nano-technology in the growth of Middle East and Africa Pharmaceutical packaging
4.2.4 Growth in over-the-counter market
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Increaing Packaging costs
4.3.2 Stricter health regulatory compliance standards, Environmental concerns
4.4 Opportunities in the Pharmaceutical plastic packaging market
4.4.1 Adoption of new technologies & Packaging lines
184.108.40.206 Radio-Frequency Identification
220.127.116.11 Braille Compliance
18.104.22.168 Child resistant packaging
22.214.171.124 Others(Smart Technologies)
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Model
4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute products or Services
4.6.5 Competitive Rovalry among the existing Competitors
4.7 Industry Policies
4.7.1 WHO Guidelines
4.7.2 Federal Packaging Regulations in US
4.7.3 PS 9000:2001
5. Technology Overview
5.1 Technology Snapshot
5.2 Industry Applications
5.3 New Innovations in Middle East and Africa Pharmaceutical packaging
6. Middle East and Africa Pharmaceutical packaging market Segmentation By Material
6.2 Paper & Paper Board
6.4 Aluminium Foil
7. Middle East and Africa Pharmaceutical packaging market Segmentation by Types
7.2 Blister Packs
7.3 Plastic Bottles
7.6 IV Bags
7.13 Medical specialty Bags
8. Middle East and Africa Pharmaceutical packaging Market Segmentation by Drug Delivery Mode
8.1 Oral Drug packaging
8.2 Pulmonary Drug Packaging
8.3 Transdermal Drug packaging market
8.4 Injectable Drug packaging
8.5 Nasal Drug Packaging
8.6 Others ( Topical Drug packaging, IV Drugs packaging, Ocular Drug Packaging)
9. Middle East and Africa Pharmaceutical packaging Market Segmentation by Region
9.2 Saudi Arabia
10. Competitive Intelligence and Investment Analysis
10.1 Vendor Market Share Analysis
10.2 Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
11. Company Profiles
11.1 Amcor Ltd.
11.2 CCL Industries Inc.
11.3 Intrapac Group
11.4 Rexam PLC
11.5 Schott AG
11.6 Meadwestvaco Corporation
11.7 Nypro Inc.
11.8 Aptar group Inc.
11.9 Wihuri Group
11.10 Gerresheimer AG
11.11 Klockner Pentaplast Group
11.12 West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.
11.13 Catalent Pharma Solutions, Inc.
12. Future of Middle East and Africa Pharmaceutical packaging market