Middle-East and Africa Adhesives Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|CAGR:||> 6.3 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Middle-East and Africa Adhesives Market Analysis
The Middle East and Africa Adhesives Market is likely to be valued at around USD 3,600 million by the end of this year. The market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.3% during the forecast period. The COVID pandemic negatively affected the market for adhesives in the region. However, post-COVID pandemic, the rising demand from the construction, packaging, and healthcare industries is expected to revive the region's adhesive market.
- The increasing application in the packaging industry and growing demand from the construction industry extensively drive the demand for adhesives. However, the growth is likely hindered by rising environmental concerns and VOC emissions regulations related to adhesives.
- In the studied market, water-borne dominates the adhesive technology segment.
- The innovation and development of bio-based adhesives and shifting focus toward adhesive bonding for composite materials will likely offer opportunities for the adhesives market.
- Saudi Arabia is be the largest market for adhesive in the region, where consumption is mainly driven by the end-user industries, such as construction, healthcare, and packaging.
Middle-East and Africa Adhesives Industry Segmentation
Adhesives are made from a combination of resins, additives, and solvents. The composition of the resins and additives entirely depends on the end-user industry in which they are used. The adhesives market is segmented by resin type, technology, end-user industry, and geography. By resin type, the market is segmented into acrylic, cyanoacrylate, epoxy, polyurethane, silicone, VAE/EVA, and Other resins. By technology, the market is segmented into the hot melt, reactive, solvent-borne, UV cured, water-borne, and solvent-borne, and by end-user Industry, the market is segmented into aerospace, automotive, building and construction, footwear and leather, healthcare, packaging, woodworking and joinery, and other end-user industries. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the market in three countries across the Middle East and Africa. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of volume (kilotons) and revenue (USD million).
|Building and Construction|
|Footwear and Leather|
|Woodworking and Joinery|
|Other End-user Industries|
|Rest of Middle-East and Africa|
Middle-East and Africa Adhesives Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the MEA Adhesives Market according to our research experts:
The Packaging End-User Segment to Dominate the Market
- The packaging segment is the largest consumer of the adhesives market in the Middle East and Africa. Packaging has been witnessing strong demand from end-user industries, such as food and beverages, cosmetics, consumer goods, stationery, and others.
- Moreover, the demand for cosmetics and food and beverage products is expected to grow due to the growing population and demand for quality products, urbanization, and consumers inclining toward technology, fueling the demand for the packaging industry. Online retail shopping is increasing at a higher rate with rising internet technologies and web applications, which has largely supported the growth of the packaging industry.
- In Saudi Arabia, the e-commerce market was expected to be valued at USD 11.74 billion in 2022. Revenue from e-commerce is expected to record a CAGR of 19.71% and reach a market volume of USD 20.04 billion during the forecast period. The growth in e-commerce is resulting in the heavy use of paperboard packaging, which is required for shipping these goods, which increases the use of adhesive in packaging.
- Similarly, the South African packaging market has witnessed a CAGR of 1.64% and is expected to increase steadily during the forecast period. In 2021, South Africa consumed approximately 3.4 million tons of all types of packaging, including glass, paper, metal, and plastic, of which a total of approximately 54% was collected for recycling and other purposes. Flexible packaging was the most widely used as it is extensively used in food packaging.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Saudi Arabia to Dominate the Market
- Saudi Arabia dominates the consumption of adhesives in the region. Growing construction activities, increasing consumption in the packaging industry, and a growing number of hospitals are some of the key factors driving the consumption of adhesives in the country.
- The Saudi Arabian government has various construction projects, including a USD 500 billion futuristic mega-city ‘Neom’ project, the Red Sea Project – Phase 1, which is due to be completed in 2022, and 14 luxury and hyper-luxury hotels that may comprise 3,000 rooms, across five islands, and two inland resorts, Qiddiya Entertainment City, Amaala – the uber-luxury wellness tourism destination, Jean Nouvel’s Sharman resort in Al-Ula, Ministry of Housing’s Sakai homes, and Jeddah Tower. Such projects will likely drive the demand for adhesives from various construction sector applications over the forecast period.
- Saudi Arabia is investing more than USD 220 million in electric vehicles by operating three potential factories to increase automotive adhesives demand over the coming years. For instance, the automotive production is expected to reach 12.8 thousand units by 2028 from 9.8 thousand units in 2021.
- Saudia is a government-owned airline in Saudi Arabia that covers nearly 70% of the passenger freight business in Saudi Arabia. Saudia reached a capacity of 200 aircraft in 2020 from its already existing capacity of 150 fleet aircraft for expanding to the international arena to a greater extent. This increase in the number of aircraft is expected to lead to a rise in demand for aerospace adhesives required for MRO and other purposes in the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Middle-East and Africa Adhesives Industry Overview
The Middle East and Africa Adhesives market is consolidated. The major players in the market (not in a particular order) include Arkema Group, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, H.B. Fuller Company, Dow, and The Industrial Group Ltd.
Middle-East and Africa Adhesives Market Leaders
Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
H.B. Fuller Company
The Industrial Group Ltd.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Middle-East and Africa Adhesives Market News
- In March 2022, Bostik signed an agreement with DGE for distribution throughout Europe, Middle East & Africa. The agreement includes Born2BondTM engineering adhesives developed for 'by-the-dot' bonding applications in specific industries, such as automotive, electronics, luxury packaging, medical devices, and MRO.
- In Aug 2021, H.B. Fuller Company announced its plans to set up a new facility with a gross area of 37,000 sqm in Egypt to expand its business across the Middle East & Africa.
- In July 2021, H.B. Fuller Company announced a strategic agreement with Covestro to offer sustainable adhesives in the market.
Middle-East and Africa Adhesives Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Report
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rising Demand from the Construction Industry in Saudi Arabia
4.1.2 Growing Usage in the Packaging Industry
4.2.1 The Rising environmental concerns
4.2.2 Other Restrains
4.3 Industry Value-chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.7 Other Resins
5.2.1 Hot Melt
5.2.4 UV Cured
5.3 End-user Industry
5.3.3 Building and Construction
5.3.4 Footwear and Leather
5.3.7 Woodworking and Joinery
5.3.8 Other End-user Industries
5.4.1 Saudi Arabia
5.4.2 South Africa
5.4.3 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Arkema Group
6.4.2 AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION
6.4.4 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
6.4.5 H.B. Fuller Company
6.4.6 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.7 Illinois Tool Works Inc.
6.4.8 MAPEI S.p.A
6.4.9 Permoseal (Pty) Ltd
6.4.10 Sika AG
6.4.11 The Industrial Group Ltd.
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Innovation and Development of Bio-based Adhesives
7.2 Shifting Focus Toward Adhesive Bonding for Composite Materials
Middle-East and Africa Adhesives Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Middle East and Africa Adhesives Market is studied from 2022 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Middle East and Africa Adhesives Market?
The Middle East and Africa Adhesives Market is growing at a CAGR of >6.3% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Middle East and Africa Adhesives Market?
Arkema Group, Dow, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, H.B. Fuller Company, The Industrial Group Ltd. are the major companies operating in Middle East and Africa Adhesives Market.
Middle-East and Africa Adhesives Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Middle-East and Africa Adhesives market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Middle-East and Africa Adhesives analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.