India’s automotive sensors market is expected to grow to USD 1.51 billion by 2021 at a CAGR of 11.64% over the period 2016-2021. The Indian government's move to make the installation of certain automotive sensors mandatory (especially for two wheelers) would drive the growth of automotive sensors in all the vehicle segments of the Indian automotive market. In addition, the growing demand for premium and luxury vehicles would help to augment the growth of the automotive sensor market significantly. The sales of passenger vehicles have also shown a rapid growth in India, with y-to-y sales growing by 8.45% till October 2015.
The demand to automate every automotive component needs innovation in different types of automotive sensors. The OEMs operating in the Indian market are looking to differentiate the vehicles by incorporating several new features based on sensors. Continental, one of the premier automotive sensor manufacturers, has developed a comprehensive series of advanced automotive sensors to increase vehicle automation and improve various functional efficacies of the vehicle. One such advancement is the Intelligent Battery Sensor, which continuously analyses the status of conventional 12-Volt lead-acid batteries and provides information on key parameters such as the state-of-charge, state-of-function (power ability) and state-of-health (aging) of the battery. The battery sensor could be deployed to any standard battery system.
In addition, the government has formulated a scheme for faster adoption and manufacturing of electric and hybrid vehicles in India under the National Electric Mobility Mission 2020. This move by the government would encourage the progressive induction of reliable, affordable and efficient electric and hybrid vehicles in the country. Electric and hybrid vehicles have an extensive range of vehicle sensors in various applications of the vehicle ranging from powertrain and chassis, body electronics, safety and security, etc. Thereby, the growth of electric vehicles would significantly help to augment the growth of the market. However, the heavy cost associated with these sensors would pose a threat in the adoption of these systems.
India’s automotive sensors market is segmented on the basis of type (temperature, pressure, speed, level/position, MEMS, magnetic, gas, and inertial), and application (powertrain, body electronics, vehicle security systems, alternative fuel vehicle, and telematics). The pressure and MEMS sectors are expected to be the major segments pioneering the growth of the market in the forecast period. In application, sensors used in the powertrain (especially in engine and chassis) would significantly grow to remain the largest contributor in the automotive sensor application market. However, sensors used in the alternative fuel vehicle would grow at the highest rate due to the growing adoption of electric and hybrid vehicles in the forecast period.
This report gives a detailed study of the Porter’s five forces analysis of the market. All the five major factors in these markets have been quantified using the internal key parameters governing each of them. The report also covers the market landscape of these players, which includes the key growth strategies and competition analysis.
The report also considers key trends that will impact the industry and profiles over 10 leading suppliers of India’s automotive sensors market. Some of the top companies mentioned in the report are:
- Analog Devices (U.S.)
- Delphi Automotive PLC (U.K.)
- Freescale Semiconductor Inc. (U.S.)
- General Electric Company (U.S.)
- Infineon Technologies AG (Germany)
- Robert Bosch GmbH (Germany)
- Texas Instruments (U.S.)
What the Report Offers
- Market definition for automotive sensors in India along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for India’s automotive sensors market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect India’s automotive sensors market on a regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Sizing Units
1.4 Base Currency
1.5 Review and Forecast Period Years
1.6 General Study Assumptions
1.7 New Developments in R&D/ Latest Technologies
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Econometric Forecast Model
2.4 Research Assumptions
3. Executive Summary
4. Key Inferences
5. Market Overview and Technology Trends
5.1 Current Market Scenario
5.2 Technological Developments
5.3 Investment Analysis
5.4 Porter's Five Forces Framework
5.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
5.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
5.4.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
5.5 Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities and Challenges
6. Automotive Sensors Market in India, By Type
6.7 Non- Superconducting Devices
7. Automotive Sensor Market in India, By Application
7.2 Body Electronics
7.3 Vehicle Security Systems
8. Automotive Sensor Market in India, By Vehicle Type
8.1 Electric Vehicles
8.2 ICE Vehicles
9. Competitive Landscape
9.1 Market Share Analysis
9.2 Organic and Inorganic Growth Strategies
9.3 Patent Analysis
9.4 The Challenges
9.5 Zero-Sum Quadrant
10. Company Profiles
10.1 Denso Corporation
10.2 Infineon Technologies
10.4 Texas Instruments
10.5 Sensata Technologies
10.6 Delphi Automotive
10.7 CTS Corporation
10.8 Maxim Integrated
10.9 Freescale Semiconductor
10.10 Analog Devices
10.11 ST Microelectronics
10.13 Ladder Technologies
10.14 Continental Automotive
10.15 Aleph Automotive Sensors
10.16 HITACHI Automotive Systems
10.17 Hamlin Electronics
11. Future Outlook of the Market