Packaging Machinery Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Packaging Machinery Market Analysis
The Global packaging machinery market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.82% during the forecast period, 2022-2027. The ongoing technological advancement and government-led rules and regulations for safety standards are driving the packaging machinery market. Further, the increasing demand for packaged food and beverages is also expected to drive the market studied.
- Packaging machinery is the machines that are used for performing packaging operations. These machines are used throughout all packaging operations involving primary packages to distribution packs. The packaging process includes fabrication, cleaning, filling, sealing, labeling, wrapping, etc.
- The packaging machinery market is customer-oriented and is driven by increased demand for various products in different shapes and sizes. Multiple manufacturers in the end-user industries adopt packaging machines that offer flexibility and quickly adapt to changing packaging formats.
- Sustainability and rising environmental concerns have increased the demand for thin and lightweight packaging to reduce the amount of material used for packaging. Thus to adapt to these requirements, manufacturers focus on developing machines with improved functionality to maximize production speeds while accomodating more fragile and thinner packaging materials.
- The growing aseptic packaging industry also drives the market due to the potential of packaging to cater to the need for high and uniform product quality, the need for higher nutrient retention, and to avoid the bisphenol A (BPA) controversy.
- The COVID-19 pandemic boosted market growth, particularly for the food and beverage and pharmaceutical packaging machinery suppliers. This is due to a surge in online and offline demand for various food goods and pharmaceuticals. People buy in bulk to avoid numerous visits and store up on supplies in case of an extended quarantine. Therefore, packaging companies work around the clock to meet the increased demand.
Packaging Machinery Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Packaging Machinery Market according to our research experts:
Food segment to have a significant growth
- The food packaging process involves packaging facilities, where the packaging process is executed using machines. Earlier, factories or manufacturing plants used manual methods to process food items. However, now most food packaging facilities use complex devices throughout the assembly line of food packaging. There are multiple benefits to using machinery equipment.
- Food packaging automation can be an essential tool for businesses, as technology can improve productivity and provide safety and security without human intervention. Various manufacturers turn to Industry 4.0 solutions to reshape food manufacturing.
- The latest trends in food packaging demand packaging companies to ensure that the machines in their lines meet the requirement for energy efficiency, machine safety, and hygiene standards. Manufacturers' recent trends using technology and automation include the internet of packaging, biodegradable packaging, digital printing, recyclable packaging, 3D printing, and nanotechnology. Various companies focus on developing automation solutions for highly delicate packaging to meet customer needs.
- Companies are looking to adapt to newer technologies to expand their product portfolio and keep up with the latest advancements in the market. For instance, in January 2022, Syntegon Technology announced the expansion of its portfolio for coffee packaging machines with the addition of a PMX packaging machine for ground coffee and whole beans. The PMX comprises individual modules, which make machine design and dosing and closing stations individually configurable.
Asia-Pacific to have a significant growth
- The rising investments in the manufacturing sector from the developing countries are expected to drive the market. The governments in the region are rigorously investing in attracting domestic and international consumers.
- Furthermore, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the E-commerce market has seen a surge as customers' focus shifted toward an online platform for shopping grocery, medicines, electronics, etc. The growing support from the government bodies.
- Various companies in the region are coming together to boost their production capacity and stronghold their market presence. For instance, in Dec 2021, Syntegonand Shanghai Pharmaceuticals signed an agreement to build a laboratory for continuous manufacturing technology in China. As part of this partnership, both the companies will use their respective resources in this in-depth 'co-laboratory' cooperation to create a domestic benchmark for continuous manufacturing, improve production efficiency, and help innovation development.
- The existence of numerous emerging economies such as China and India, a growing population, rising disposable income, and the expansion of the food and beverage industry in the region, are all contributing to market growth in Asia-Pacific. The changing lifestyles and the development of multi-national food shops in the area also contribute to the growth of the packaging market, leading to the increased use of packaging machinery.
Packaging Machinery Industry Overview
The packaging machinery market is moderately competitive, with several local and international players active. The majority of the vendors operate in the market through partnerships with local players. With the Market expected to broaden and yield more opportunities, more players will enter the market soon. Key players operating in the market include Robert Bosch Gmbh, Coesia S.p.A, Krones Inc., etc. The recent developments in the market are -
- April 2022 - MULTIVAC announced the launch of its W 500 onto the Market as a universal flow packing solution. The product offers a high flexibility for packing a wide range of food products. This product can be used as a stand-alone solution, or it can be integrated into an automated line as well. With the addition of the new W 500 horizontal flow packer, the company is focusing on expanding its equipment range to a new area of application.
Packaging Machinery Market Leaders
Robert Bosch GmbH
Tetra Pak International S.A
Graphic Packaging International, LLC
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Packaging Machinery Market News
March 2022 - Multivac announced the launch of a new tray sealer with its compact and fully automatic T 305. The recently launched product is characterized by its high performance, flexibility, and pack quality. Furthermore, the product is designed for packing small and medium-sized batches in the food sector and for quick product changes.
Jan 2022 - Multivac announced the acquisition of the complete holdings of TVI in Bruckmühl. TVI is a provider of portioning machines and has been part of the Multivac Group since January 2017. This acquisition is an essential component for the further alignment of MUltivac as a complete supplier of packaging and processing solutions.
Packaging Machinery Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Ongoing technological developments
5.1.2 Impact of Safety Standards & Regulations
5.1.3 High Development in the Key end user Market
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 High costs and import duties pose a challenge for new customers
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Product Type
6.1.2 Labelling, Decorating, and Coding
6.1.3 Case Handling
6.1.4 Bottling Line
6.1.6 Wrapping and Bundling
6.1.7 Blister, Skin/Vacuum Packaging
6.1.8 Other Solutions
6.2 By End-user Industry
6.2.4 Personal Care, Cosmetics, and Toiletries
6.2.5 Industrial and Chemicals
6.2.6 Other End-user Industries
6.3 By Geography
6.3.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
6.3.3 Asia Pacific
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of APAC
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Robert Bosch GmbH
7.1.2 Coesia S.p.A.
7.1.3 Krones Inc.
7.1.4 Tetra Pak International S.A
7.1.5 Graphic Packaging International, LLC
7.1.6 I.M.A Industria Macchine Automatiche S.p.A
7.1.7 MULTIVAC Group
7.1.8 Ishida Co. Limited
7.1.9 Sidel S.A.
7.1.10 PAC Machinery Group
7.1.11 Heal Seal LLC
7.1.12 Ossid LLC
7.1.13 Marchesini Group S.p.A
7.1.14 Ross Industries Inc.
7.1.15 Starview Packaging Machinery, Inc.
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Packaging Machinery Market Research FAQs
What is the current Global Packaging Machinery Market size?
The Global Packaging Machinery Market is projected to register a CAGR of 4.82% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in Global Packaging Machinery Market?
Robert Bosch GmbH, Coesia S.p.A., Krones Inc., Tetra Pak International S.A and Graphic Packaging International, LLC are the major companies operating in the Global Packaging Machinery Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Global Packaging Machinery Market?
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in Global Packaging Machinery Market?
In 2024, the North America accounts for the largest market share in Global Packaging Machinery Market.
What years does this Global Packaging Machinery Market cover?
The report covers the Global Packaging Machinery Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Global Packaging Machinery Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Packaging Equipment Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Packaging Equipment market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Packaging Equipment analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.