The Catalysts in Petroleum Refining, Chemicals and Polymer Synthesis Market is expected to grow at a moderate rate during the forecast period (2018 - 2023). Asia-Pacific is estimated to lead the market owing to its rapid growth in the polymers and automobiles sectors. Increasing demand for polymers and automobiles, and the imposition of regulations for the development of better standard products is expected to enhance the global demand over the forecast period.
Soaring Demand in Petroleum Products
The growing consumption of petroleum products, like hydrocarbons, is expected to grow, thereby, driving the global catalyst market. The global demand for liquid hydrocarbons is growing mainly due to the growth of the population and the consumer class in developing countries. The rise in consumption will be majorly from the transportation sector in these countries, as there is significant growth in the number of cars as well as the development of sea, air, and railway transportation. Additionally, growth in the demand for oil in the developing countries will be further encouraged by the industrial sector, in particular, the petrochemical industry.
Stringent environmental legislations, while being a bane for industries, such as refineries, can be a boon for catalyst manufacturers, provided they introduce efficient catalysts at the right time. For instance, ‘drop-in’ catalysts that can be used with the existing refinery setup could be a preferred industry choice.
Asia-Pacific to Lead the Market
Asia-Pacific is likely to lead the market with the highest GDP growth by a higher consumption of petroleum products, including transport fuels, polymers, and other life amenities. China has emerged as one of the biggest production houses in the world today, and is the principal location for the manufacture and export of plastic products.
The increasing refinery market output in Africa, the Middle East, and Asia-Pacific as well as the shift of catalyst manufacturing base to these countries is also expected to increase the worldwide petroleum refining catalyst demand.
Notable Developments in the Market:
- March 2018: Honeywell to provide natural gas liquids fractionation plant for Markwest’s Hopedale Plant. The fractionation system will recover propane, isobutane, normal butane, and pentane (natural gasoline) from mixed natural gas liquids for use in petrochemical manufacturing.
- Jan 2018: Chevron Corporation announced a significant oil discovery at the Ballymore prospect in the deepwater U.S. Gulf of Mexico at a water depth of 6,536 feet.
Major Players: BASF SE, DowDuPont, Exxon Mobil Corporation, Chevron Corporation, and UOP LLC, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- To understand the impact of end-user applications on the market
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- To understand the dominating chemical material in the market
- Countries expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you to get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
3.3 Price Analysis
3.4 Trade Analysis
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Growing Consumption of Petroleum Products
4.1.2 Rising Demand for Maintaining High Octane Figures
4.1.3 Compliance to Stringent Environmental Regulations
4.1.4 Increasing Refinery Market Output in Africa, Middle East, and Asia-Pacific
4.2.1 High Manufacturing Costs
4.2.2 Fluctuating Prices for Precious Metals
4.3.1 Backward Integration
4.3.2 Research and Development to Reduce Cost and Improve Quality
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
5.1 By Chemical Material
5.1.1 Metals and Organometallic Catalysts
220.127.116.11 Inexpensive Metals
18.104.22.168 Precious Metals
22.214.171.124 Metallic Compounds
126.96.36.199 Molecular Sieves
5.1.3 Chemical Compounds
188.8.131.52 Other Chemicals
5.1.4 Other Catalysts
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Petroleum Refining Catalysts
184.108.40.206 Fluid Catalytic Cracking (FCC)
5.2.2 Chemical Synthesis Catalysts
220.127.116.11 Organic Synthesis
18.104.22.168 Synthesis Gas Processes
5.2.3 Polymerization Catalysts
22.214.171.124 Condensation Polymers
126.96.36.199 Thermosetting Polymers
188.8.131.52 Additional Polymers
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.5 Australia & New Zealand
6.1.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2 North America
6.2.1 United States
6.2.4 Rest of North America
6.3.2 United Kingdom
6.3.6 Rest of Europe
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle-East & Africa
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.2 South Africa
6.5.3 Rest of Middle-East & Africa
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
7.2 Market Share Analysis**
7.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services, and Recent Developments)
8.1 BASF SE
8.2 Bayer Technology Services
8.3 Catalytic Distillation Technologies
8.4 Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
8.5 Chevron Corporation
8.6 Clariant International Ltd
8.8 Eastman Chemical Co.
8.9 Eka Chemicals AB
8.10 Evonik Industries AG
8.11 Exxon Mobil Corporation
8.12 INEOS Technologies
8.13 Johnson Matthey, Inc.
8.14 KBR, Inc.
8.15 Nova Chemicals Corp.
8.16 UOP LLC
8.17 W.R. Grace & Co.
8.18 Wako Chemicals USA, Inc.
8.191 Zeochem, LLC
8.20 Zeolyst International
*List not exhaustive
**Subject to availability on public domain