The advancement of global lifestyle has resulted in the need for equipment with greater ease of use. This has enabled the use of motion sensing technology which extensively uses inertial sensors. This has become a key driving factor in this market and will play an important role in defining the trend for the next few years.
The gyroscope is an important device in many industries like aviation, ships, smartphones, tablets, robotics and much more. It uses the principles of angular momentum to measure and maintain the orientation. It is used in equipment in which orientation plays a decisive role in the proper functioning.
A comprehensive overview of the market for gyroscopes over the period 2016 - 2021 has been given in this report. The report segments the market by area of application with an in-depth analysis of every segment in each area. Aerospace, land-based, marine and subsea applications are explained with comprehensive market analysis of each segment.
The unprecedented rise in unmanned vehicles across various applications in both civilian and defense applications has increased the need for complex navigational systems which include inertial sensors. The rapid advancement in technology has made sensors both accessible and affordable making their use abundant in day-to-day devices.
Defense industry takes the major share of the market with applications like missile guidance, control and targeting, precision guided munitions, tank turret stabilization and torpedo guidance. Other primary industries where these systems are used includes industrial manufacturing, energy and infrastructure, transportation and aviation.
An analysis of the key players in the market has been provided with an outlook on the competitive landscape and valuable insight for the investors.
- The rapid rise of unmanned vehicles in both defense and civilian applications
- Technological advancement enabling more effective components at a smaller and lighter size
- Increasing applications based on motion sensing
- Integration drift error is a major concern in navigation systems
- Substantial increase in computing complexity
- Complex nature of integration in existing systems and need for ancillary components
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the global gyroscopes market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global gyroscopes market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights into the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's 5 Force Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining power of consumers
4.3.3 Threat from new entrants
4.3.4 Threat from substitute products
4.3.5 Competitive rivalry within the industry
4.4 Industry Policies
5. Market Dynamics
5.2.1 Rapid Rise of Unmanned Vehicles in Both Defense and Civilian Applications
5.2.2 Technological Advancements Enabling More Effective Components at a Smaller and Lighter Size
5.3.1 Substantial Increase in Complexity Challenging the Market Demand
6. Global Gyroscopes Market Segmentation, Forecasts and Trends
6.2 End-User Vertical
6.2.1 Consumer Electronics
6.2.3 Aerospace & Defense
6.3.1 North America
6.3.3 Middle East and Asia
6.3.4 Asia Pacific
6.3.5 Latin America
7. Global Vendor Market Share Analysis
8. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
8.1 MURATA ELECTRONICS OY (MURATA MANUFACTURING CO., LTD.
8.2 STMICROELECTRONICS N.V.
8.3 HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL INC.
8.4 ANALOG DEVICES INC.
8.5 ROBERT BOSCH GMBH
8.6 MEMSIC INC.
8.7 SYSTRON DONNER INERTIAL
8.8 TRIMBLE NAVIGATION LTD.
8.9 MOOG INC.
8.10 LORD CORPORATION MICROSTRAIN SENSING SYSTEMS
8.11 VECTORNAV TECHNOLOGIES INC.
8.12 SAFRAN GROUP COMPANY (COLIBRYS LTD.)
8.13 NXP SEMICONDUCTORS NV
8.14 INVENSENSE INC.
9. Investment Analysis
9.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
9.2 Investment Scenario and Opportunities
10. Future of Gyroscopes Market