Germany Irrigation Machinery Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Germany Irrigation Machinery Market Analysis
The German irrigation machinery market is expected to register a CAGR of 7.7% during the forecast period.
- Over 47% of the German territory is covered by agricultural land, the highest within Europe. This shows a lot of scope for agricultural irrigation machinery in the country. Sprinkler and drip irrigation are the two popular forms of irrigation in Germany.
- Before the advent of mechanization, farmers depended on natural sources for irrigation. However, mechanization in agriculture has moved well past tractors to encompass every aspect of the crop production cycle. Such mechanization increases productivity and yield per hectare and reduces water consumption per farm.
- In the current agricultural scenario, water scarcity is a major challenge and a key driver for using micro-irrigation machinery systems. Water scarcity leads to the deterioration of food production quality and quantity. Fragmented land needs controlled water, where the irrigation system proved fruitful. Irrigated land is twice productive as rain-fed land.
- The increasing adoption of farm mechanization by incorporating technical aids to support crop fields and the rising awareness of combined drainage irrigation facilitates augmenting the intercropping system in framing practices are some of the essential factors driving the market in Germany.
Germany Irrigation Machinery Industry Segmentation
The machinery used to supply water to agricultural land and crops to promote hydration and growth is categorized as agricultural irrigation machinery. To eliminate any double-count error in market estimations, bulk buyers procuring irrigation machinery for retail sales are not considered in the market after value-addition through further processing.
The Germany irrigation machinery market is segmented by irrigation type into sprinkler irrigation (pumping unit, tubing, coupler, spray/sprinkler heads) and drip irrigation (valves, backflow preventer, pressure regulator and valves, fittings, and accessories, filters, emitters, mainline, sub-main).
The report offers market estimation and forecast of the irrigation machinery market in terms of value in USD million for the above-mentioned segments.
Germany Irrigation Machinery Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Germany Irrigation Machinery Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Farm Mechanization is boosting Pulse Production
- Germany, a country known for its engineering expertise, is also at the same time incorporating its technical ingenuity to develop its agricultural sector. With the massive technological progress in the country,
- Germany has also developed a very well-trained and skilled workforce to use its state-of-the-art agricultural machinery and enable the utilization of top technology in the crop fields. This can be backed by the fact that the area harvested under the pulses crops in the country saw an increasing trend in the past few years, from 190,100 hectares in 2020 to 210,400 hectares in 2021.
- Germany generates more than 27% of agricultural systems and equipment components manufactured in the European region. The country has become one of the prime leaders in producing agricultural equipment, including irrigation machinery, in Europe, indicating its dominance in the market.
- According to a United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD) report, Germany was one of the top five importers of agricultural machinery from the United States in 2019. German farmers also receive an annual subsidy from the European Union for farm investment. This enables them to invest in modern machinery that is otherwise expensive. The above factors are substantially driving the country's agricultural irrigation machinery market.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Drip Irrigation System is Leading the Market
- The increasing adoption of farm mechanization by incorporating technical aids to support crop fields and the rising awareness of combined drainage irrigation augmenting the intercropping system in farming practices are some of the essential factors driving the market in Germany.
- Surveys by the German Irrigation Association indicated that about 500000 ha are equipped for drip irrigation in Germany. About 5,000 ha is under micro-irrigation, mainly drip irrigation in vineyards. In the northeastern part of the country, there is about 600,000 ha of equipped lowlands. Combined drainage/subsurface irrigation facilities were installed there to manage peat soils and groundwater near sandy sites.
- According to data from the World Bank, the country's agricultural irrigated land has remained constant over the last two years at 3.1% due to the pandemic. Government rules prevent farmers from working in the fields, but in the future, this may change, and the market will likely expand.
- Mostly, subsurface drip irrigation systems are used to augment fodder maize production. This allows the farmers to focus on the cattle while ensuring sufficient food for the animals with the proper nutritional quality. This results in enormous financial savings and leads to higher revenues globally in the micro-irrigation systems market. These factors are driving the global market for irrigation machinery. The only factor that may restrict the drip irrigation systems market is its high cost, which farmers must incur, especially when they are far from the water source.
Germany Irrigation Machinery Industry Overview
The market share analysis indicates that the Germany Agricultural Irrigation Machinery market studied is consolidated, with major companies accounting for most of the market share. With the government’s thrust on augmenting the penetration of water conservation and efficiency driven by the micro-irrigation system, the market is estimated to witness substantial growth in the near future. This is expected to benefit companies, such as Jain Irrigation Systems Limited, EPC Industries Ltd, and Netafim Ltd, among others.
Germany Irrigation Machinery Market Leaders
Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd.
EPC Industries Ltd
Deere & Company
Nelson Irrigation Corporation
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Germany Irrigation Machinery Market News
- March 2022: T-L Irrigation Co. introduced a gooseneck cradle corner system attachment option and a simplified auto-reverse system to add stability and durability to two important pivot locations. The gooseneck corner cradle option drops the corner connection point by 24 inches. This lowers the corner span’s center of gravity and greatly improves its stability.
- February 2022: Toro announced the launch of the Tempus Automation system for agriculture irrigation. This system is the first in the industry to feature 4G/Wi-Fi/LoRa/bluetooth technology and outperforms the competition, especially in range, ease of installation, and use.
- February 2021: Rain Bird debuted a new flow-indicating basket filter, ideal for drip systems. The products are designed to work with residential or commercial irrigation systems.
Germany Irrigation Machinery Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Irrigation Type
5.1.1 Sprinkler Irrigation
184.108.40.206 Pumping unit
220.127.116.11 Spray/Sprinklers Heads
18.104.22.168 Other Components
5.1.2 Drip Irrigation
22.214.171.124 Backflow Preventers
126.96.36.199 Pressure Regulators and Valves
188.8.131.52 Fittings and Accessories
184.108.40.206 Other Components
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Nelson Irrigation Corporation
6.3.2 Netafim Limited
6.3.3 EPC Industries Limited
6.3.4 Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd.
6.3.5 T-L Irrigation Co.
6.3.6 The Toro Company
6.3.7 Valmont Industries
6.3.8 Deere & Company
6.3.9 Lindsay Corporation
6.3.10 Rain Bird Corporation
6.3.11 Rivulis Irrigation
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Germany Irrigation Machinery Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Germany Irrigation Machinery Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Germany Irrigation Machinery Market?
The Germany Irrigation Machinery Market is growing at a CAGR of 7.7% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Germany Irrigation Machinery Market?
Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd., EPC Industries Ltd, Netafim Ltd, Deere & Company, Nelson Irrigation Corporation are the major companies operating in Germany Irrigation Machinery Market.
Germany Irrigation Machinery Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Germany Irrigation Machinery market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Germany Irrigation Machinery analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.