5th Floor, Brigade Towers,
Financial District, Gachibowli,
Hyderabad - 500032,
Europe Quinoa Seeds Market is segmented by Regional Production, Consumption, and Trade in Terms of Import and Export, during the Forecast Period, 2020-2025.
· The European quinoa seeds market is estimated to register a CAGR of 9.1% during the forecast period, 2020-2025. The popularity of the quinoa crop as an alternative to cereals is increasing in the European region due to its high nutritional value.
· Quinoa also contains most of the essential amino acids and is free of gluten. Spain and the United Kingdom are two of the largest quinoa consuming regions in Europe.
· At around 22% of the European market share, the United Kingdom is one of the major countries in the market studied in Europe.
· The substantial increase in production of quinoa, especially in Peru, and the in-house production in Europe have decreased the price of the seeds in the region; however, the lower prices have not benefitted the consumers.
· It is predicted that the fall in quinoa prices in the near future may drive the market growth by making seeds more affordable to the customers and the processing industry.
· The pesticide residues beyond the FDA limit in quinoa seeds are raising concerns in both importing and exporting nations and are negatively affecting the growth of the market studied.
Quinoa is a type of cereal crop and is most widely used for its edible seed, which is gluten-free, high in protein, and is a good source of fiber. The commodity has more than 3,000 varieties, but only a few have been commercialized as of now. All the seeds have diverse characteristics, but its color, saponin level, and growth climate are the major properties considered during the trade of quinoa seeds.
Report scope can be customized per your requirements. Click here.
The nutritional characteristics of quinoa seeds are especially attractive, due to its high protein content, gluten-free property, and high fiber content. The demand for organic quinoa is particularly on the rise in Europe, as well as North America, as awareness about both health and environment is increasing among the consumers. Quinoa is particularly considered as a health food, and increasing awareness regarding its nutritional properties and the increasing health awareness have led to a higher demand for quinoa in Europe and North America.
There are many reasons to explain the increasing demand, including the high nutritional value of quinoa and its derivatives, increasing consumer awareness about healthy diets, its gluten-free nature, organic production, and various applications of quinoa in the food and beverage industry. Additionally, the availability of the product in the domestic and international markets is favorable due to low tariffs, few phytosanitary barriers, and preferential mechanisms adopted by the major as well as the minor importers.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The growing international demand for quinoa and quinoa-derived products is reflected by the rapid increase in the cultivated area for this crop and the production quantity. Among the European countries, France is the largest market, followed by Germany, Spain, and the United Kingdom. The increase in quinoa production in the region is expected to lead to a reduction in quinoa import prices. It is expected that the lowering of quinoa prices may boost the market growth in the region, by making quinoa more affordable to consumers and the processing industry. During the forecast period, the production of Quinoa seed in Europe has seen a growth of 95.93% from 2313.85 metric ton in 2016 to 24510.93 metric ton in 2020. This increase in production determines whether there is a constant increase in the demand for Quinoa seeds in the domestic, as well as foreign countries.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Value Chain/Supply Chain Analysis
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
18.104.22.168.1 Production Analysis
22.214.171.124.2 Consumption Analysis, Market Value, and Price Trend
126.96.36.199.3 Import Market Analysis (Volume and Value)
188.8.131.52.4 Export Market Analysis (Volume and Value)
184.108.40.206.5 Price Trend Analysis
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168.1 Production Analysis
22.214.171.124.2 Consumption Analysis, Market Value, and Price Trend
126.96.36.199.3 Import Market Analysis (Volume and Value)
188.8.131.52.4 Export Market Analysis (Volume and Value)
184.108.40.206.5 Price Trend Analysis
220.127.116.11.1 Production Analysis
18.104.22.168.2 Consumption Analysis, Market Value, and Price Trend
22.214.171.124.3 Import Market Analysis (Volume and Value)
126.96.36.199.4 Export Market Analysis (Volume and Value)
188.8.131.52.5 Price Trend Analysis
184.108.40.206.1 Production Analysis
220.127.116.11.2 Consumption Analysis, Market Value, and Price Trend
18.104.22.168.3 Import Market Analysis (Volume and Value)
22.214.171.124.4 Export Market Analysis (Volume and Value)
126.96.36.199.5 Price Trend Analysis
188.8.131.52.1 Production Analysis
184.108.40.206.2 Consumption Analysis, Market Value, and Price Trend
220.127.116.11.3 Import Market Analysis (Volume and Value)
18.104.22.168.4 Export Market Analysis (Volume and Value)
22.214.171.124.5 Price Trend Analysis
6. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS