Europe PVC Market Size
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
|CAGR||< 3.00 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Europe PVC Market Analysis
In Europe, polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is expected to register a CAGR of around 3% during the forecast period.
The market was negatively impacted by COVID-19 in 2020. Several countries imposed factory shutdowns, leading to lower production, but the market steadily recovered in 2021.
- Major factors driving the market study are the increasing use of plastics to reduce vehicle weight and enhance fuel economy, growing demand from the construction industry, and increasing applications in the healthcare industry.
- However, hazardous impacts on humans and the environment are expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- The accelerating usage of electric vehicles and PVC recycling are likely to act as opportunities in the future.
Europe PVC Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Europe Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Market according to our research experts:
Growing Demand from the Construction Industry
- PVC pipes have been used in building and construction for over 60 years, as they offer valuable energy savings during production, low-cost distribution, and a safe, maintenance-free lifetime of service. These pipes are widely used for pipeline systems for water, waste, and drainage as they suffer no build-up, scaling, corrosion, or pitting, and they provide smooth surfaces, reducing energy requirements for pumping.
- PVC flooring has several benefits, such as durability, freedom of aesthetic effects, ease of installation, ease of cleaning, recyclability, etc. As a result, its flooring has been used for many years.Another area in the building and construction industry where PVC is used is in roofing; it is used mainly due to its low maintenance requirements and the fact that it lasts more than 30 years.
- In the Europe region, the construction industry is expected to witness moderate growth, supported by single-family, roads and bridges, and institutional construction expected in the coming years.
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is the third-most-produced plastic in the world. According to the ECVM, 5.9 million metric tons of PVC are manufactured in Europe each year.PVC is primarily used as a building material, where 70% of all PVC produced in Europe goes into windows, pipes, flooring, roofing membranes, and other building products.
- According to PlasticsEurope, the total demand for plastic in Europe was 49.1 million metric tons, of which 9.6% of demand was for PVC.
- All the above factors are expected to drive the market for Europe's polyvinyl chloride in the coming years.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Germany to Dominate the Market
- Germany is the largest economy in Europe and the fifth largest globally. The automotive industry is the largest sector in Germany, accounting for 20% of the total industry revenue.
- The public consumption rate has increased by 0.5%, which is expected to drive the growth of the automotive, construction, and electrical and electronics sectors, along with the accelerating growth of the PVC market.
- Public investment increased by over 1.5% in the construction sector in the recent past. Hence, due to the booming housing market and real estate demand, the construction and building industry is expected to grow rapidly. This is expected to increase the demand for PVC in the country during the forecast period.
- Besides this, the German Plastics Packaging Industry Association expects a 5.1% increase in sales for German plastic packaging production and a 3.9% increase in volume in the recent past, which is expected to be driven by the healthy economic conditions in the country. This is likely to increase the country's demand for PVC.
- According to the Central Association of the German Building Industry (ZDB) and the Main Association of the German Building Industry (HDB), the construction industry achieved total sales of EUR 143.5 billion (USD 152.66 billion) in 2021, which was a 0.5% growth on the previous year's sale of EUR 143 billion (USD 152.13 billion).
- The aforementioned factors are contributing to the increasing demand for polyvinyl chloride consumption in the region during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Europe PVC Industry Overview
The European polyvinyl chloride market is fragmented among the top five players. The top companies have been focusing on providing better materials for various end-user industries. Major manufacturers of Europe's PVCs are, not in any particular order, Formosa Plastics Corporation, Covestro AG, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd., Westlake Chemical Corporation, LG Chem, and others.
Europe PVC Market Leaders
Formosa Plastics Corporation
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd.
Westlake Chemical Corporation
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Europe PVC Market News
- October 2022: Westlake Vinnolit launches "GreenVin," a bio-based PVC product made out of cooking oil in order to reduce carbon footprints and promote renewable energy.
- August 2022: PVC Group, an investment subsidiary of Investindustrial Growth, has initiated a process to disinvest its share from Benvic Compounds, a PVC manufacturing company, after four years of working together.
Europe PVC Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Usage of Plastics to Reduce Vehicle Weight and Enhance Fuel Economy
4.1.2 Growing Demand from the Construction Industry
4.1.3 Increasing Applications in the Healthcare Industry
4.2.1 Hazardous Impact on Humans and the Environment
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Volume)
5.1 Product Type
5.1.1 Rigid PVC
184.108.40.206 Clear Rigid PVC
220.127.116.11 Non-Clear Rigid PVC
5.1.2 Flexible PVC
18.104.22.168 Clear Flexible PVC
22.214.171.124 Non-clear Flexible PVC
5.1.3 Low-smoke PVC
5.1.4 Chlorinated PVC
5.2 Stabilizer Type
5.2.1 Calcium-based Stabilizers (Ca-Zn Stabilizers)
5.2.2 Lead-based Stabilizers (Pb Stabilizers)
5.2.3 Tin- and Organotin-based Stabilizers (Sn Stabilizers)
5.2.4 Barium-based and Others (Liquid Mixed Metals)
5.3.1 Pipes and Fittings
5.3.2 Films and Sheets
5.3.3 Wires and Cables
5.3.5 Profiles, Hoses and Tubings
5.3.6 Other Applications
5.4 End-user Industry
5.4.1 Building and Construction
5.4.3 Electrical and Electronics
5.4.7 Other End-user Industries
5.5.1 United Kingdom
5.5.7 Rest of Europe
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 BASF SE
6.4.2 Benvic Group
6.4.3 Covestro AG
6.4.4 Ercros S.A.
6.4.5 Formosa Plastics Corporation
6.4.6 Industrie Generali S.P.A.
6.4.8 KEM ONE
6.4.10 Oltchim SA
6.4.12 Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd
6.4.16 Westlake Chemical Corporation
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 PVC Recycling
7.2 Other Opportunities
Europe PVC Market Research FAQs
What is the current Europe Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Market size?
The Europe Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Market is projected to register a CAGR of less than 3% during the forecast period (2023-2027).
Who are the key players in Europe Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Market?
Formosa Plastics Corporation, Covestro AG, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd., Westlake Chemical Corporation and LG Chem are the major companies operating in the Europe Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Market.
Europe PVC Pipes Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Europe PVC Pipes market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Europe PVC Pipes analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.