The market is estimated to be valued at USD XX million in 2016 and is likely to reach USD XX million by 2021, at an estimated CAGR of XX % during the forecast period from 2016-2021.
Polyurethane (PU) adhesives are polymer-based adhesives, prepared from urethane polymers with a chemical base of an isocyanate group. They provide a strong bonding between two substrates. Polyurethane adhesives are available as both, thermoplastic and thermoset adhesives. They are commonly known as elastic adhesives, owing to their excellent elasticity and elongation properties.
Polyurethane (PU) adhesives, owing to their high fracture resistance, excellent elongation and elasticity properties (before the occurring of fracture) are becoming an integral part of various commercial and industrial sectors. The polyurethane adhesives market is driven by many factors, such as the growing automotive industry in the region, increased usage in footwear, dynamic economic development in emerging economies in the region, etc. However, this market faces certain drawbacks, such as volatility in the raw material prices and stringent environmental regulations regarding VOC emissions.
Europe polyurethane (PU) adhesives market, based on product type, can be segmented into thermosetting, thermoplastics, and others. In addition, it is also segmented as per the major end-user sectors into automotive, construction, furniture, packaging, electrical and electronics, footwear, and others (Europe polyurethane adhesives market, by end-user industry, is mentioned below).
The market is segmented by countries into Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, the Nordic countries and Rest of Europe.
Opportunities and Major Players
The recovering construction industry in the region and the growing usage in niche applications are expected to offer numerous opportunities for the growth of the Europe polyurethane (PU) adhesives market.
Some of the major companies dominating this market for its products, services, and continuous product developments are:
- Arkema Group (Bostik SA)
- Dow Chemicals
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Ashland Inc.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Europe polyurethane (PU) adhesives market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Europe Polyurethane (PU) Adhesives market on both, global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and identification of the regions that are still untapped.
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. Executive Summary
3. Europe Polyurethane Adhesives Market
3.1 Current Market Scenario
3.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.3 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.3 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.3.4 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increased Usage in Footwear and Consumer Goods
4.1.2 Accelerating Demand from the Packaging Industry
4.1.3 Increasing Demand from the Automotive Industry
4.2.1 Volatility in Raw Material Prices
4.2.2 Stringent Environmental Regulations Regarding VOC
4.3.1 Recovering Construction Industry
4.3.2 Shifting Focus Towards Bio-Based Polyurethanes
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By Product Type
5.2 By End-User Industry
5.2.5 Electricals & Electronics
5.3 By Technology
5.3.1 Hot Melt
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market Size, Growth and Forecast)
6.2 United Kingdom
6.6 The Nordic Countries
6.7 Rest of Europe
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
7.2 Joint Ventures Collaborations and Agreements
7.3 Market Share Analysis
7.4 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles
8.2 AdCo UK Limited
8.3 Adhesive Technologies Corp.
8.4 Alfa International Corporation
8.5 American Chemical Inc.
8.6 Arkema Group (Bostik SA)
8.7 Ashland Inc.
8.8 Avery Dennison Corp.
8.9 BÜHNEN (Germany)
8.10 Collano Adhesives AG
8.11 Cyberbond Llc
8.12 DELO Industrial Adhesives
8.13 Dow Chemical Co.
8.14 Dow Corning Corporation (U.S.)
8.16 Dynea OY
8.17 Franklin International
8.18 H.B. Fuller Co.
8.19 Helmitin Adhesives
8.20 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
8.21 Hexcel Corporation
8.23 Huntsman Corp.
8.24 ITW Performance Polymers (Illinois Tool Works Inc.)
8.25 Jowat AG
8.26 KMS Adhesives
8.27 LORD Corp.
8.29 Mapei Spa
8.30 Master Bond
8.31 Paramelt B.V
8.32 Permabond Engineering Adhesives Ltd.
8.33 Pidilite Industries Ltd.
8.34 Royal Adhesives and Sealants
8.35 Sika AG
8.38 Wacker Chemie AG
8.39 Yokohama Industries