Caustic Soda Europe Market Size
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
|CAGR||> 4.50 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Caustic Soda Europe Market Analysis
The Europe Caustic Soda Market is estimated to reach over 9,630 Kilotons by the end of this year and is projected to register a CAGR of over 4.5% during the forecast period.
The market was/is negatively impacted due to the COVID-19 pandemic in the region, including decreased demand and productivity, supply chain disruptions, and regional lockdowns; however, the market showed significant growth in 2021 and continued to grow in 2022.
- Over the medium term, the major factor driving the market studied is increasing usage in alumina production and the growing use of soap and detergents.
- On the flip side, health hazards and stringent regulations related to caustic soda is the key factor anticipated to restrain the growth of the target industry over the forecast period.
- Germany is likely to represent the largest market over the forecast period due to the increasing consumption of organic chemicals, inorganic chemicals, and pulp and paper segments.
Caustic Soda Europe Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Europe Caustic Soda Market according to our research experts:
Organic Chemicals Segment to Dominate the Market
- Caustic soda is mainly a reagent or basic solution to manufacture organic chemicals. Organic chemicals use caustic soda to manufacture major organic chemicals, such as methanol, sulfites, phosphites, hydroxyl ethyl cellulose, carboxymethyl hydroxyethylcellulose, cellulose ether, methylcellulose, propylene oxide, polycarbonate, ethylene amines, epoxy resins, acetic acid, and epichlorohydrin. Moreover, many organic chemical manufacturers use it for neutralization and gas scrubbing.
- Epoxypropane (propylene oxide), another important organic chemical, also uses caustic soda for manufacturing polyurethanes.
- Caustic soda is also an intermediate for various organic chemicals such as dyes, pigments, and agrochemicals.
- Germany, Belgium, and Spain are the major countries producing organic chemicals, with the increasing demand for caustic soda in the production of polycarbonate, methanol, polyurethane, epoxy resin, acetic acid, etc.
- According to the United Nations COMTRADE database on international trade, the European Union's organic chemical exports totaled USD 67.95 billion in 2021, and imports of organic chemicals was USD 81.52 billion in 2021.
- Owing to the above-mentioned factors, the demand for caustic soda from the organic chemical segment is expected to increase over the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Germany to Dominate the Market
- Germany is expected to be the leading market for caustic soda in Europe. The increasing demand for caustic soda from various applications such as pulp and paper, chemicals and soap, and detergents, is expected to drive the caustic soda market in Germany.
- Some of the manufacturers and suppliers of caustic soda in Germany are Globe Chemicals GmbH, BdvBehrens GmbH, Wiechers& Helm GmbH & Co. Kg, PCC SE, BrewtechGmbH, Global Bridge Company, and Vanguard Logistics Serv, among others.
- The German pulp and paper industry represents one of the world's largest pulp and paper industries. According to Germany's Federal Statistical Office, the country's recycled paper import volumes reached 5.3 million tons in 2021. growing by 21% compared to 2020 when German paper mills imported 4.4 million tons of recycled paper.
- The German chemical industry represents one of the largest chemical manufacturing industries across Europe, generating an estimated contribution of about 27% of Europe's chemical industry's total revenue. The German chemical industry plays an important role and remains a European leader in chemical sales, exports, investments, and spending. Local companies still export more chemicals than any other European country and more than China.
- According to VCI, the country reflected a strong performance in 2021, with chemical sales increasing by about 11% in 2021 annually, thus amounting to EUR 220 billion. Moreover, chemical industry capacity utilization accounted to 86% in 2021, with every one of five manufacturers hitting full capacity.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned factors, the demand for caustic soda in Germany is expected to further grow over the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Caustic Soda Europe Industry Overview
The European Caustic Soda Market is partially consolidated in nature. Some of the major players in the market (in no particular order) include Dow, INOVYN, Kem One, Nouryon, and Westlake Vinnolit GmbH & Co. KG.
Caustic Soda Europe Market Leaders
Westlake Vinnolit GmbH & Co. KG.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Caustic Soda Europe Market News
- March 2021: Vynova started the commercialization of ISCC PLUS-certified renewable caustic soda manufactured using renewable energy sources. Vynova's renewable caustic soda has a significantly lower carbon footprint than conventionally produced caustic soda.
- February 2021: Vinnolit, a Westlake company, launched a climate-friendly 'green' caustic soda in 2021. This product enables customers to reduce their carbon footprint and develop more climate-friendly products.
Caustic Soda Europe Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Usage In Alumina Production
4.1.2 Growing Use Of Soap And Detergents
4.2.1 Health Hazards And Stringent Regulations Related To Caustic Soda
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Trade Analysis
4.6 Price Trends
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Production Process
5.1.1 Membrane Cell
5.1.2 Diaphragm Cell
5.1.3 Other Production Processes
5.2.1 Pulp and Paper
5.2.2 Organic Chemical
5.2.3 Inorganic Chemical
5.2.4 Soap and Detergent
5.2.6 Water Treatment
5.2.7 Other Applications
5.3.2 United Kingdom
5.3.7 Rest of Europe
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Wanhua Chemical Group Co. Ltd
6.4.2 Covestro AG
6.4.4 Ercros SA
6.4.6 Kem One
6.4.8 PCC Group (PPC SE)
6.4.10 Westlake Vinnolit GmbH & Co. KG
6.4.11 Vynova Group
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Caustic Soda Europe Market Research FAQs
What is the current Europe Caustic Soda Market size?
The Europe Caustic Soda Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 4.5% during the forecast period (2023-2027).
Who are the key players in Europe Caustic Soda Market?
Dow, INOVYN, Kem One, Nouryon and Westlake Vinnolit GmbH & Co. KG. are the major companies operating in the Europe Caustic Soda Market.
Caustic Soda Europe Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Caustic Soda Europe market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Caustic Soda Europe analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.