China Soy Protein Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
China Soy Protein Market Analysis
The China Soy Protein Market stood at 761.55 million usd in 2021 and is projected to register a CAGR of 6.25% to reach 1.03 billion usd in 2026.
- Largest Segment by Form - Concentrates : High protein digestibility and optimal nutritional value make SPC an ideal protein source for animal feed. Also, it being cheaper than isolates further drives its use.
- Largest Segment by End User - Animal Feed : Soy protein is widely used in the country's animal feed sector due to its distinct benefits like protein digestibility, apt amino acid profile, extended shelf life, etc.
- Fastest Growing Segment by Form - Textured/Hydrolyzed : Hydrolyzed soy protein has major applications in the animal feed industry, followed by F&B. Constant researches in the segment is projected to boost the segment.
- Fastest Growing Segment by End User - Animal Feed : Soy protein is widely gaining application in the animal feed sector, including feed for fish, pets, birds, and poultry, mainly as an alternative to meat or dairy ingredients.
China Soy Protein Industry Segmentation
|By End User|
|Personal Care and Cosmetics|
China Soy Protein Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the China Soy Protein Market according to our research experts:
Largest Segment By End User : <span style="font-family: 'regular_bold';color:#0e7db3;">Animal Feed</span>
- By application, the animal feed industry was the leading application sector for soy protein in 2020. Soy protein, primarily in the form of concentrates, is broadly used in the feed of ruminants, birds, and fish species. Its easy digestibility and protein fortification are the key functionalities driving its application in the sector.
- F&B was another key end-user segment with a significant share in 2020. In this category, meat/poultry/seafood and meat alternative products held the highest demand.
- Due to its comprehensive amino acid composition, this ingredient also remains the best substitute for animal protein, which further increases its appeal in F&B application.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
China Soy Protein Industry Overview
The China Soy Protein Market is fragmented, with the top five companies occupying 17.25%. The major players in this market are Archer Daniels Midland Company, CHS Inc., DuPont de Nemours Inc., Fuji Oil Group and Kerry Group PLC (sorted alphabetically).
China Soy Protein Market Leaders
Archer Daniels Midland Company
DuPont de Nemours Inc.
Fuji Oil Group
Kerry Group PLC
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
China Soy Protein Market News
- March 2021: Fuji Oil Group appointed Mikio Sakai as the new president and CEO. Mikio Sakai is engaged in plant-based food solutions as a core concept to grow a third business pillar, along with the Oil and Fat and Chocolate businesses. Plant-based food solutions include soy meat and soybeans, which are used as raw materials for plant-based proteins.
- February 2021: DuPont merged its Nutrition Business with International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF), thus establishing a company that may become a leading supplier of ingredients to the food industry in the United States. The company generated a revenue of USD 11 billion, and it may supply soy proteins and other ingredients for consumer products.
- June 2020: ADM formed a joint venture with beef producer, Marfrig. By this collaboration, ADM aimed to supply plant-based products, including soy flour, soy protein concentrates, isolated soy proteins, textured protein, wheat protein isolates, and other products to the North and South American markets.
China Soy Protein Market Report - Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 End User Market
3.2 Per Capita Plant Protein Consumption
3.3 Raw Material/Commodity Production
3.4 Regulatory Framework
3.5 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Form
4.2 By End User
4.2.1 Animal Feed
4.2.2 Personal Care and Cosmetics
4.2.3 Food and Beverages
126.96.36.199 Breakfast Cereals
188.8.131.52 Dairy and Dairy Alternative Products
184.108.40.206 Meat/Poultry/Seafood and Meat Alternative Products
220.127.116.11 RTE/RTC Food Products
18.104.22.168 Baby Food and Infant Formula
22.214.171.124 Elderly Nutrition and Medical Nutrition
126.96.36.199 Sport/Performance Nutrition
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.1 Archer Daniels Midland Company
5.3.2 CHS Inc.
5.3.3 DuPont de Nemours Inc.
5.3.4 Foodchem International Corporation
5.3.5 Fuji Oil Group
5.3.6 Kerry Group PLC
5.3.7 Shandong Yuwang Industrial Co. Ltd
5.3.8 Wilmar International Ltd
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Proteins CEOs
China Soy Protein Market Research FAQs
What is the current China Soy Protein Market size?
The China Soy Protein Market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.25% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in China Soy Protein Market?
Archer Daniels Midland Company, CHS Inc., DuPont de Nemours Inc., Fuji Oil Group and Kerry Group PLC are the major companies operating in the China Soy Protein Market.
China Soy Protein Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 China Soy Protein market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. China Soy Protein analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.