Australia Compound Feed Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Australia Compound Feed Market Analysis
The Australian compound feed market is projected to register a CAGR of 4.2% during the forecast period.
- The growing demand for meat and aquaculture products is the major driving force behind the growth of the compound feed market. Increased awareness regarding quality meat and milk products and increased livestock production augment the market's growth.
- According to Alltech Feed Survey 2021, animal feed production in Australia majorly comes from more than 160 mills in the country. The rate of meat consumption has increased in Australia due to the increasing awareness and consumption of protein-rich healthy food. These factors are expected to drive the compound feed market during the forecast period.
- The meat export from the country has been rising significantly due to the rising demand for compound feed. According to ITC Trademap data, in terms of value, meat exports in 2021 have witnessed a growth of 10% as compared to the year 2018. The increased demand for meat in countries, especially China, the United States, Japan, and the Republic of Korea, is expected to grow meat production in Australia.
Australia Compound Feed Industry Segmentation
Compound feed is a mixture of raw materials and supplements fed to the livestock, sourced from either plant, animal, organic or inorganic substances, or industrial processing, whether or not containing additives.
The Australian compound feed market is segmented by animal type ( ruminants, poultry, swine, aquaculture, and others) and by ingredients (cereal, cakes & meals, by-products, and supplements).
The report offers market estimation and forecasts in value (USD million) and volume (metric ton) for the above-mentioned segments.
|Other Animal Types|
|Cakes & Meals|
Australia Compound Feed Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Australia Compound Feed Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Demand for Meat Products
- With Australia's rising population and income over the past few years, there has been a significant rise in meat consumption in the country over the same period. Each year, Australians consume 47.46 kg of chicken per person, making it the most consumed animal protein, surpassing beef, lamb, and hog.
- Increased poultry consumption has ensured strong downstream demand and boosted industry revenue over the period. Retail poultry prices have declined over the period, while many substitute products, such as fish and seafood, beef, and lamb, have risen. Consequently, the relatively lower price of poultry in retail outlets has encouraged more consumers to purchase and consume poultry over the past five years.
- In addition, rising health consciousness has driven demand for leaner protein sources, such as poultry, benefiting the industry. Increasing life expectancy and limited availability of land and water resources for animal feed production and increasing use of these resources for food and ethanol production are increasing the demand for animal feed in the Australian meat industry.
- The seafood demand in Australia has increased considerably over the last five years. Currently, Australia's consumer demand for seafood exceeds the supply from domestic production and continues to grow. Domestic aquaculture has the potential to expand to help meet domestic and international demand significantly.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Broiler Chickens Dominate the Animal Type Segment in Australia
- Chicken consumption in Australia has significantly risen over the past 20 years, while red meat consumption continues to decline. Australian poultry meat is mostly farmed for the home market, with relatively little shipped internationally. In Australia, there are about 800 chicken meat farmers. New South Wales is the leading producer, accounting for 32% of the total national output.
- In 2021, Queensland had over 200 chicken meat farms and 13 poultry processors recognized by Safe Food Production Queensland. To reduce transit stress on birds, poultry meat farms are typically placed within 200 kilometers of a processing facility. Many of Australia's big poultry processors are located within a 50-kilometer radius of capital cities, where labor is simpler, and distribution and transportation costs may be lowered.
- Queensland is the second largest producer, accounting for around 21% of Australia's chicken meat production and providing more than USD 580 million to the state's economy. The business is still one of Queensland's fastest-growing. Redland Bay (south of Brisbane) and adjacent locations in the south, southwest, and north of Brisbane are major chicken meat farming regions in Queensland. Smaller areas of chicken meat production may also be found at Mareeba, Far North Queensland, and near Byron Bay, NSW, close across the border.
Australia Compound Feed Industry Overview
The Australia Compound Feed Market is a consolidated market with major players in the market, including Charoen Pokphand Foods, Cargill Inc, Alltech Inc., Archer Daniels Midland, and Land O Lakes (Purina). Mergers and acquisitions, expansion, product launches, and partnerships are the major business strategies adopted by companies.
Australia Compound Feed Market Leaders
Charoen Pokphand Foods
Archer Daniels Midland
Land O Lakes (Purina)
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Australia Compound Feed Market News
- January 2023: Rumin8, an Australian startup, stated plans for commercializing its livestock feed which has lab-made feed additive as an alternative to harvesting vast quantities of greenhouse gas-busting seaweed. The startup uses red seaweed in feed, reducing ruminant animals' methane emissions.
- September 2022: Australia's Department of Agriculture, Fisheries, and Forestry has taken significant measures to develop new Australian Animal Welfare Standards and Guidelines for poultry.
Australia Compound Feed Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Animal Type
5.1.5 Other Animal Types
5.2.2 Cakes & Meals
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Charoen Pokphand
6.3.2 Cargill Inc.
6.3.3 Land 'O Lakes(Purina)
6.3.4 Alltech Inc
6.3.5 Archer Daniels Midland
6.3.6 New Hope Group
6.3.7 Wen's Group
6.3.9 Kent Feeds
6.3.10 Weston Milling Animal Nutrition
6.3.11 Zheng DA International Group
6.3.12 Ewos Group
6.3.13 Nutreco NV
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Australia Compound Feed Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Australian Compound Feed Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Australian Compound Feed Market?
The Australian Compound Feed Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.2% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Australian Compound Feed Market?
Charoen Pokphand Foods, Cargill Inc., Alltech Inc., Archer Daniels Midland, Land O Lakes (Purina) are the major companies operating in Australian Compound Feed Market.
Australia Compound Feed Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Australia Compound Feed market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Australia Compound Feed analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.