Asia-Pacific Small Signal Transistor Market Size
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Asia-Pacific Small Signal Transistor Market Analysis
The Asia-Pacific is expected to register a CAGR of 3.98% over the forecast period.
- The Asia-Pacific small signal transistor market reached USD 1.8 billion in the previous year and is expected to reach USD 2.27 billion in the current year. Small signal transistors are growing rapidly due to the increasing popularity of power electronic devices in the end-user industries. These transistors are used to amplify, switch, and modulate small signals, such as audio and radio frequency signals.
- The market has witnessed significant growth over the past few years, primarily due to the increasing digitalization of various sectors. This has resulted in the growing adoption of consumer electronics across these sectors and the rising need for connectivity and mobility. With these developments, the complexity of electronic products is also increasing. This accelerates the need for small signal transistors in the automotive and electronics industries.
- Furthermore, printed circuit board (PCB) miniaturization and the advancements in semiconductor and circuit architectures paved the way for the rise in demand for small signal transistors in smartphones. The small signal transistors are used in power management integrated circuits (ICs) to regulate the voltage and current supplied to various components of the smartphone.
- Moreover, these devices are used in radio frequency (RF) amplifiers and switches to transmit and receive signals from cellular networks, Wi-Fi, and bluetooth. These transistors are designed to operate at high frequencies and with low noise, making them ideal for RF applications.
- Additionally, small signal transistors are commonly used in field effect transistors in the input stage to amplify weak signals. These transistors are connected in a common source configuration, where the input signal is applied to the gate, and the amplified output signal is taken from the drain.
- The COVID-19 pandemic led to immense disruptions in supply chains across industries globally. Many businesses globally halted or reduced operations to help combat the spread of the virus. The pandemic significantly impacted the small signal transistor market, resulting in reduced operational levels throughout the supply chain, from raw material to component production. As a consequence, sales declined in various countries within the region.
Asia-Pacific Small Signal Transistor Market Trends
Automotive and Charging Infrastructure is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- The new automotive features and functionality due to autonomous vehicle technologies, vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) communications, advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS), and other safety and sensing systems, like backup cameras and lane-departure detectors, are driving the demand for electronic components in automotive applications.
- Small signal transistors are used in the engine control module (ECM) to regulate fuel injection, ignition timing, and other engine functions. The ECM uses these transistors to switch the injector and ignition coils on and off based on the input from various sensors.
- Moreover, these transistors are used in power management circuits to regulate the voltage and current supplied to various components in the vehicle. These circuits use small signal transistors to switch between different voltage levels, control the charging of the battery, and manage power consumption.
- The increasing demand for electric vehicles and the need for better charging infrastructure is further boosting the market growth. Small signal transistors are used in power electronics that control the flow of electricity from the grid to the electric vehicle (EV) battery. These circuits use small signal transistors to switch between different voltage levels, control the charging rate, and protect against overloading and short circuits.
- Various government initiatives for the faster deployment of charging infrastructure are further expected to augment the market growth. As per the Union Minister of Power and New and Renewable Energy, the government aims to install a total of 46,397 public charging stations for electric vehicles in nine major cities by the end of the decade. The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) has prepared an action plan for the installations. The country currently has only about 5,254 public charging station (PCS) under operation.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
India is Expected to Show a Significant Growth
- India is one of the most important markets for small signal transistors owing to the growing automotive industry and the rising demand for consumer electronics in the region. Moreover, the expanding rail network is further anticipated to create market growth.
- As of Dec 2022, the Indian Railway completed 2,022 track kilometers (TKM) which include 109 TKM of New Line, 102 TKM of gauge conversion, and 1,811 TKM of multi-tracking projects.
- Moreover, the Indian Railway has prepared a National Rail Plan (NRP) 2030 to create a 'future ready' railway system. The NRP aims to formulate strategies based on operational capacities and commercial policy initiatives to increase the modal share of the Railways in freight to 45%.
- As part of the NRP, Vision 2024 has been launched for accelerated implementation of certain critical projects by 2024, such as multi-tracking of congested routes, 100% electrification, upgradation of speed to 130kmph on all other Golden Quadrilateral-Golden Diagonal (GQ/GD) routes, upgradation of speed to 160 kmph on Delhi-Howrah and Delhi-Mumbai routes, and elimination of all Level Crossings on all GQ/GD route. Such developments are expected to create a market demand over the forecast period.
- Additionally, the increasing automotive sales are further expected to boost the market growth. For instance, as per the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers, around 13.47 million two-wheelers were sold in India in 2022, along with 3.07 million passenger vehicles and 0.72 million commercial vehicles.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Small Signal Transistor Industry Overview
The Asia-Pacific small signal transistor market is moderately fragmented due to the presence of many small and medium-sized companies competing with each other and large enterprises. Key players are ROHM, Fuji Electric, Infineon Technologies, etc. Recent developments in the market are,
In March 2023, Tata Consulting Services and Renesas Corporation announced a partnership to open an innovation center to develop next-generation semiconductor solutions. The company will open a joint Innovation Center in Bengaluru and Hyderabad and collaborate on digital and mixed-signal design, radio frequency, and software development for innovative next-generation semiconductor solutions catering to the needs of a wide range of industries.
In June 2022, Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation partnered with Farnell to strengthen the supply chain for an extended range of new and innovative products. The focus will be on Toshiba's optocouplers and relays, discrete insulated-gate bipolar transistors (IGBTs), low- and high-voltage MOSFETs, small signal diodes, transistors, voltage regulators, logic devices, and motor control solutions.
Asia-Pacific Small Signal Transistor Market Leaders
NXP Semiconductors NV
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Asia-Pacific Small Signal Transistor Market News
- Jan 2023: Renesas Electronic Corporation announced a new automotive intelligent power device (IPD) that will safely and flexibly control power distribution within vehicles, addressing the requirements of next-generation E/E (electrical/electronic) architectures.
- Dec 2022: Toshiba Corporation announced it would construct a new back-end production facility for power semiconductors at its Himeji Operations in western Japan. The project will double Toshiba's automotive power semiconductor production capacity at Himeji.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Proliferation of Consumer Electronics and Increased Use of Electronics in the Industrial Sector will Drive the Demand
5.1.2 Growing demand for IoT
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Adoption of Power Transistors is Analyzed Pose a Challenge for the Market
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Device Type
6.1.1 Bipolar Small Signal Transistor
6.1.2 Field Effect Transistor
6.1.3 RF & Microwave Small Signal Transistor
6.2 By Application
6.2.1 Automotive and Charging Infrastructure
6.2.3 Consumer Electronics & Appliances
6.2.5 Other Applications
6.3 By Geography
6.3.4 South Korea
6.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.2 Fuji Electric
7.1.3 Infineon Technologies
7.1.4 On Semi
7.1.5 NXP Semiconductors NV
7.1.6 Diodes Incorporated
7.1.8 Renesas Electronics Corp.
7.1.9 STMicroelectronics NV
7.1.10 Texas Instruments Inc.
7.1.11 Central Semiconductor Corp
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. VENDOR RANKING ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the current Asia-Pacific Small Signal Transistor Market size?
The Asia-Pacific Small Signal Transistor Market is projected to register a CAGR of 3.98% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Asia-Pacific Small Signal Transistor Market?
ROHM, Fuji Electric, Infineon Technologies, On Semi and NXP Semiconductors NV are the major companies operating in the Asia-Pacific Small Signal Transistor Market.
Asia-Pacific Small Signal Transistor Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Asia-Pacific Small Signal Transistor market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Asia-Pacific Small Signal Transistor analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028) and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.