Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Asia Pacific safety instrumented systems market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12.5% over the forecast period 2021 - 2026. The adoption of Industry 4.0 is expected to ring technical changes in the safety systems.
- Faced with an increasingly interdisciplinary engineering environment and ever-increasing system challenges, there is an increasing need for engineers involved in the engineering process to remain aware of the operational and design implications of safety-related systems. This also includes knowledge of relevant safety standards.
- Safety instrumented systems play an essential role in providing protective layer functions in various industrial processes and automation systems. Safety system engineering describes a disciplined and systematic approach that incorporates hazard identification, safety requirement specifications, and system maintenance and operation during the plant's life. The growth of the safety instrumented system market depends heavily on the growth of the petrochemical and energy sectors.
- In addition, as the process industry moves toward adopting newer safety standards, the need for control systems that can manage changes, such as steam turbines, compressors, and variable speed drives, may become essential to keep profitability up with agile requirements.
- The advancement in the technologies for automation is driving industry 4.0 across the industrial domains, making rapid growth for the adoption of safety instrumentation systems to get better control over operation and safety.
- The demand has stalled for valves and actuators due to stagnant industrial growth in developed countries. The growing government support towards establishing new industries and political conditions makes the country favorable for industrial expansion. This is driving international companies to consider this market for investments. Additionally, the region also includes running and upcoming projects for building water and wastewater treatment plants.
- For instance, the Cambodian government signed an agreement with the Japanese International Cooperation Agency to build a wastewater treatment plant in the Dangkor district. The project aims to improve the drainage system in the district for wastewater to flow directly to the plant rather than the river by investing USD 25 million. Such projects across the Asia-Pacific region are estimated to drive the market for safety instrumentation systems in the market.
Scope of the report
Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) are being implemented across the industries to complement their process control systems and reduce the risk of accidents on the industry floor and in the operation process. There are many ways in which safety instrumentation is being deployed. Compliance with international standards, such as IEC 61508 and IEC 61511, which indicate an acceptable quality in the design and management of safety controls, drives the implementation of SIS across the industries.
Key Market Trends
Food and Beverage Hold the Major Market Share
- The food and beverage industry is becoming more automated as the population is growing. Other driving factors contributing to increased automation are the scarcity of suitable cheap labor, health and safety laws, and advancement in robotics.
- The food and beverage industry has a moral and regulatory obligation to safeguard its workers. The dangers vary from the clear and present, such as heavy machinery, toxic chemicals, and slippery surfaces, to the slower threats, such as dust inhalation, hearing loss, and repetitive strain injuries.
- Beverage giant Coca-Cola has observed increased demand for sugar-free and low-sugar beverages in the Southeast Asian region. This became even more pronounced after the COVID-19 pandemic hit.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Surge in usage in oil and gas, chemical, and other industries
- The Asia Pacific region is expected to grow fastest due to rapidly increasing industrial activity, rising cost pressures and production rates, and favorable government policies in developing countries like China and India.
- Varying demands based on utilization have led manufacturers to produce new products for specific applications. In addition, an increase in the proliferation of safety instrumented systems has led to the development of advanced systems. Moreover, there has been a surge in the use of these systems in oil & gas, chemicals, and power industries as they help monitor its usage hours, multiple aspects of boiler control, stack temperature, boiler, and fuel efficiency, which plays a vital role in this industry.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Players in the market are consolidated and are offering solutions specific to each application, like fire safety (fire and gas monitoring and control), pressure safety (high integrity pressure protection systems), and also others, like asset safety (Emergency Shutdown Systems), in case of emergencies, which are an integrated hardware and software solution.
- October 2020 - BP PLC and Amazon extended their longstanding relationship for accelerating the digitalization of infrastructure and operations. BP is migrating its data to the Amazon Aurora cloud database for operational resiliency and performance improvements as part of the digital transformation plan.
- May 2021 - Yokogawa Electric Corporation, a prominent player in the market, announced that it obtained SASecure CSA Level 1 certification from the ISA Security Compliance Institute (ISCI) for its ProSafe-RS safety instrumented system. The certificate helps ensure cyber security for its system and assists in gaining traction in the market for SIS.
- June 2021 - Emerson Electric announced that it had incorporated MTP into its DeltaV and PACSystems automation systems. Emerson eliminated the requirement for end-users or system integrators to invest in additional engineering or special integration tools. Such innovation activities are driving the growth of the market.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3.5 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growing Regulatory Environment in the Industry
5.1.2 Presence of Robust SIS Service Ecosystem
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Operational Complexity Coupled with High Maintenance Costs
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Component
6.1.3 Programmable Devices
6.1.4 Actuators and Valves
6.1.5 Other Components
6.2 By Application
6.2.1 Emergency Shutdown Systems (ESD)
6.2.2 Fire and Gas Monitoring and Control (F&GC)
6.2.3 High Integrity Pressure Protection Systems (HIPPS)
6.2.4 Burner Management Systems (BMS)
6.2.5 Turbo Machinery Control
6.2.6 Other Applications
6.3 By End-User
6.3.1 Chemicals and Petrochemicals
6.3.2 Power Generation
6.3.4 Food and Beverage
6.3.5 Oil and Gas
6.3.6 Other End-Users
6.4 By Country
6.4.4 Rest of Asia Pacific
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles*
7.1.1 Rockwell Automation Inc.
7.1.2 Emerson Electric Company
7.1.3 Honeywell International Inc.
7.1.4 Yokogawa Electric Corporation
7.1.5 ABB Ltd
7.1.6 Schneider Electric SE
7.1.7 Siemens AG
7.1.8 HIMA Paul Hildebrandt GmbH
7.1.9 SIS-TECH Solutions LP
7.1.10 Schlumberger Limited
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The APAC Safety Instrumented Systems Market market is studied from 2019 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of APAC Safety Instrumented Systems Market?
The APAC Safety Instrumented Systems Market is growing at a CAGR of 12.5% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in APAC Safety Instrumented Systems Market?
Rockwell Automation Inc., Emerson Electric Company, Honeywell International Inc., Yokogawa Electric Corporation, ABB Ltd are the major companies operating in APAC Safety Instrumented Systems Market.