Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Asia Pacific Safety Drives and Motors Market is expected to register a CAGR of 6.81% during the forecast period from 2021 to 2026. The demand for safety equipment, the need for cost-effective systems, and industry safety standards propel the region's global safety drives and motors market.
- Drives and motors are critical components of any industrial sector's machinery. Since several hazardous zones exist in the core industrial sectors, the need for safety drives and motors has become pivotal. The IEC and EN standards are used to certify motors and meet ATEX directives and other international standards.
- The safety drives help to reduce machine time and increase productivity while protecting both personnel and equipment from damage. As a result, these safety devices have features that allow for system speed and torque control, optimal process control, and significant energy savings.
- Industry machines and plants are becoming more flexible and productive, which has resulted in the development of safety-integrated devices. These integrated safety functions allow for the cost-effective implementation of new safety concepts. Moreover, the increasing vehicle sales rate, especially in the Chinese and Japanese regions, and stabilizing economy boost the region's sales and demand for safety drives and motors. For instance, according to the Organisation Internationale des Constructeurs d'Automobiles (OICA), in 2020, the number of passenger cars sold in the Asia Pacific region was 32 million, of which 20.17 million was from China, and 3.80 million was from Japan.
- Additionally, the region's growing shale/natural gas industry and improving manufacturing outlook due to rising domestic consumption are expected to boost demand for safety drives and motors. For instance, according to Energy Information Administration (EIA), the shale gas production in China in 2015 was 0.5 billion cubic feet per day and is estimated to reach 22 billion cubic feet per day by 2040.
- On the other hand, the complexity of standards poses a challenge to the market because it applies to both safety drives and motors. One disadvantage of safety motors is that they have limited applications or a lack of flexibility in different zones.
Scope of the report
The Asia Pacific Safety Drives and Motors Market is segmented by Type ( Drives, Motors), End-user Industry ( Energy & Power, Mining, Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, Petroleum & Chemical Industry).
Integrated safety functions of safety drives and motors remain popular to meet the growing demands of modern infrastructure, efficient energy consumption, and environmentally friendly solutions. The safety drives and motors also contribute to shorter downtimes, increased productivity, and low maintenance and setup costs.
|By End-User Industry|
|Energy & Power|
|Oil and gas|
|Petrolium and Chemical|
|Other End-User Industries|
Key Market Trends
The Increasing Need of Safe Equipment in Industrial and Manufacturing Sector is Driving the Market Growth
- The adoption of risk assessment necessities for increased safety and non-sparking motors by IEC standards is one of the recent developments to improve the safety level of electrical machines used in hazardous areas.
- If the risk levels surpass the acceptable limits, these requirements assist manufacturers in proving their designs through testing or equipping their products with unique accessories. Low-voltage (LV) motor control centers (MCCs) are also widely used in industrial power distribution systems. MCC is frequently a source of concern for operators and maintenance personnel due to their close interactions with the MCC.
- Also, the recognition of arc flash as a distinct electrical hazard has resulted in a new expectation for circuit protection devices, which protect personnel from the dangers of thermal burns and explosive detonation.
- Further, the demand for safety drives and motors in the manufacturing sector increased in the last couple of years. Since September 2020, the manufacturing sector in many Asia Pacific economies has shown a significant rebound, as lockdown measures in many countries have been eased as domestic pandemics have been stabilized.
- For Instance, according to the National Bureau of Statistics of China, the manufacturing production in China increased by 2.50 percent in October of 2021 over the same month in the previous year.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Oil and Gas Sector is Expected to Hold the Maximum Market Share
- Safety drives and motors play an essential role in producing and distributing oil and gas and pumping systems for oil and compression drive trains for gas infrastructure.
- Further, VFDs (Variable Frequency Drives) are frequently used in the oil & gas industry to control the flow by adjusting speed to avoid energy wastage in the throttling valves. Advanced and modern drives incorporate networking and diagnostic capabilities into improved performance. Intelligent motor control and reduced peak-current drawn are factors that boost the adoption of VFDs in the oil and gas industries.
- The majority of VSD applications control flow through pipelines and input flow to large process units. Besides that, the motor is protected against starting inrush currents and control valve maintenance costs, reducing downtime.
- Due to the expected increase in energy demand, Asia, particularly the Southeast region, will become a key driver and proxy for global energy trends over the next two decades, according to the International Energy Agency (IEA).
- Further, according to the International Energy Outlook 2019 report, the number of refineries in Asia will increase by 60% between 2018 and 2050. The IEA predicts that regional oil demand will increase to 9 million barrels per day by 2040, up from 6.5 million barrels per day today.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Asia Pacific Safety Drives and Motors Market is moderately competitive, with a number of major players such as ABB Ltd., Siemens, Rockwell Automation, Ltd., and others. In terms of market share, the market is currently dominated by a few major players. With a significant market share, these major players are focusing on expanding their customer base in foreign countries. These companies are utilizing strategic collaborative initiatives to increase their market share and profitability. The competition, rapid technological advancements, and frequent changes in consumer preferences are expected to pose a threat to the market's growth of the companies during the forecast period.
- October 2021 - Rockwell Automation Ltd. launched the PowerFlex 6000T drive that delivers efficient performance in a compact design. The drive can accept up to 13.8 kV primary voltage in a best-in-class footprint of 2,310 to 3,010 mm (7.58 to 9.87 feet). Because of its compact design, the drive is ideal for new and retrofit industrial applications in IEC markets, particularly those where space is limited. The drive can save money by allowing high-voltage feeds from the main distribution line to be connected directly without a step-down transformer or substation equipment.
- August 2021 - Siemens announced the availability of the SINAMICS G120XE enclosed drive system. It is specifically designed to meet the demands of industrial pump, fan, and compressor applications in a wide range of markets. This new enclosed system, based on the popular SINAMICS G120X infrastructure drive, is ideal for quick design and commissioning in industries such as oil-and-gas/petrochemical, water/wastewater, power plants, industrial climate control, refrigeration, and chillers in harsh environments.
- September 2021 - Siemens has launched the new SIMOTICS S-1FS2 line of servomotors, designed for the clean condition requirements of the sterile packaging, food, beverage, pharmaceutical, and other process industries.
- December 2020 - Beckhoff Automation launched ELM72xx EtherCAT servo drives that deliver an output current (Irms) of up to 16 A at 48 V DC for the power supply, which expands its portfolio of compact drive technology in I/O terminal format. They offer the current technology features with increased performance and functionality compared with comparable EL series I/O designs. The ELM72xx modules’ metal housings render optimum heat dissipation even at high output power and optimal shielding against electrical interference.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Technology Snapshot
4.4 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Stringent Industry Safety Standards
5.1.2 Demand for Safe Equipment
5.1.3 High Degree of Cost-Effectiveness
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Complexity of Standards
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
220.127.116.11 AC Drives
18.104.22.168 DC Drives
22.214.171.124 AC Motors
126.96.36.199 DC Motors
6.2 By End-User Industry
6.2.1 Energy & Power
6.2.3 Oil and gas
6.2.5 Petrolium and Chemical
6.2.6 Other End-User Industries
6.3 By Country
6.3.5 South Korea
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Rockwell Automation, Inc.
7.1.2 ABB Limited
7.1.3 Pilz GmbH & Co. KG
7.1.4 SIGMATEK GmbH & Co KG
7.1.6 Beckhoff Automation GmbH & Co. KG.
7.1.7 B&R Industrial Automation GmbH
7.1.9 Hoerbiger India Precision Technology Private Ltd.
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Asia Pacific Safety Drives and Motors Market market is studied from 2019 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Asia Pacific Safety Drives and Motors Market ?
The Asia Pacific Safety Drives and Motors Market is growing at a CAGR of 6.81% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Asia Pacific Safety Drives and Motors Market ?
ABB Limited, Rockwell Automation, Inc., Siemens, Pilz GmbH & Co. KG, SIGMATEK GmbH & Co KG are the major companies operating in Asia Pacific Safety Drives and Motors Market .