APAC Location Analytics Market Size
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
APAC Location Analytics Market Analysis
The Asia Pacific Location Analytics market is expected to register a CAGR of 18.21% during the forecast period.
- There is cutthroat competition between the retailers to earn more than their rivals. Smartphones have taken the world by storm. The boom in Asia-Pacific markets has been enormous and is a huge market for every smartphone company. There is a huge demand in both the low-cost and high-end smartphone segments. The combination of growth in both has helped the location analytics market in this region.
- Location analytics is emerging as one of the major segments in the field of market research. As more retail stores open every day, a lot of user data is created every time a consumer or customer walks into a store and stays there until he or she leaves after making a purchase.
- These data points are now being analyzed with different analytical solutions. Location-based analytics aids in contextualizing location-centric data in order to derive meaningful insights and inform strategic business decisions.This data could enhance the customer experience and give us a competitive edge over other market players. By leveraging smartphones with wi-fi networks, location analytics vendors have enabled location analytics solutions to run at a minimal cost.
- The rise in all customer-facing industries has resulted in the introduction of the wi-fi location analytics (LBS) system, which allows customers to connect through on-site wi-fi, opening a direct channel of communication that enables retail centers and similar others to better understand their consumers and accordingly deliver products that meet their needs.This method helps maximize retail output and services by understanding the consumer's needs.
- Different analytics solutions, like web analytics, are popular in the market currently. Location-based analytics will become the need of the hour for designing and measuring the experiences of customers. Shortly, location analytics solutions will become commonplace in the marketplace.
The pandemic significantly impacted various businesses worldwide, with countries such as India and China being adversely affected by the outbreak of the virus. As a result, smartphone usage increased significantly globally, and location analysis solutions increased. The Government of India has greatly benefited from using it, as it has assisted authorities in conducting effective contact tracing for people who met COVID-positive patients.
APAC Location Analytics Industry Segmentation
Location analytics is a technique for adding geographic data layers to the business's data assets to extract more valuable insights. It is sometimes referred to as "geo-analytics." Throughout various industries, business data, including people, events, transactions, and assets, often contains geographic components. Adding geographic components to performance analysis may provide relevant new insights. This provides more context when asking questions about different business processes and gives a new understanding of data trends and relationships. The market is segmented by Location (Indoor, Outdoor), by Deployment Model (On-Premises, On-Demand), by Verticals (Retail, Banking, Manufacturing, Transportation, Healthcare, Government, Energy & Power), and Country (India, China, Japan, Australia, and Others).
The market sizes and forecasts are provided in terms of value (in USD million) for all the above segments.
|By Deployment Model|
|Energy and Power|
APAC Location Analytics Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the APAC Location Analytics Market according to our research experts:
In-vehicle connectivity is driving growth in the Automotive sector
- New vehicles with built-in navigation are becoming standard, which will allow in-vehicle navigation suppliers to grow. Also, the growth of connected navigation services and live location content is being driven by both external and internal connectivity in vehicles.
- For carmakers, embedded and connected location services, such as turn-by-turn (TBT) navigation, traffic information, and point-of-interest (POI) search (including parking and gas stations), will remain an essential component of in-vehicle infotainment systems (IVI) over the next five years. Specifically, navigation systems are becoming common in entry-tier vehicles. According to predictions, the attach rate for navigation will increase from 38% of new cars sold in 2020 to almost 70% by 2026, providing suppliers with a sizable opportunity for growth.
- Despite the negative impact of the pandemic over the next five years, it is estimated that annual sales of navigation-enabled cars will almost double from over 34.5 million at the end of 2020 to exceed 68 million by 2025. This total excludes HD maps required to guide autonomous cars safely. Still, it includes connected cars, which can deliver live map-based services to users as part of the connected in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) experience.
- As the auto industry works to make roads safer and cut down on or get rid of car accidents, more new cars will have advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS).
Analysts expect the global penetration of the distance warning feature to reach 76% of light-duty vehicles in 2025, with a growing share (likely between a quarter and a third) of these relying on an ADAS map. Other ADAS features include distance warning with predictive powertrain, intelligent speed assistance, and lane departure alerts.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Achieving competitive advantage through location insights continues to drive demand for Enterprises
The benefits of digitalization are felt at various levels across enterprises, e.g., sales and marketing, operations, strategy, IT management, and R&D. Data is collected and analyzed to gain insights that improve decision-making, accountability, efficiency, and business performance.
Location intelligence combines mapping and geospatial services with a company's or organization’s data. Location intelligence is a subset of business intelligence whereby a business visualizes the data it generates, e.g., performance data, pricing, cost data, etc., on a map (or applies location services) for improved tactical and strategic decision-making.
Use cases for location intelligence include geo-marketing, location-targeted advertising, site location planning (e.g., retail stores, restaurants, fueling stations, and other infrastructure like mobile radio access networks), and remote equipment performance monitoring. Asset tracking, fleet management, on-demand mobility services, and other business functions can also be enhanced with location services.
A BCG global survey on location intelligence for enterprises conducted across 520 companies in February last year shows the high importance of location data to business performance across different sectors, where 95% said that mapping and geospatial data are essential in achieving desired business results today and 91% said that they would be even more essential in three to five years, including in real estate, logistics and delivery, retail, and e-commerce.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
APAC Location Analytics Industry Overview
Companies operating in the Asia-Pacific Location Analytics Market focus on partnerships and innovations and are moderately concentrated. Some of the key vendors in the market include Cisco Systems, Microsoft Corporation, HERE, SAS Institute Inc., Oracle Corporation, SAP SE, ESRI (Environmental Systems Research Institute), Tibco Software Inc., Pitney Bowes, and Gaige.
In July 2022, Citility will work with HERE to use location services and application programming interfaces (APIs) in its solutions and products. This will provide actionable analytics that streamline city mobility operations and encourage the decarbonization of transportation and reduce traffic congestion, fleet management, smart city parking, and logistics to promote smart, sustainable living in India.
In July 2022, Google Maps announced partnerships with Genesys International and Tech Mahindra to launch Street View in India. The goal of these partnerships is to make helpful maps that make navigation and exploration easier and more accurate and to share important and useful location-based information with communities to help them.
APAC Location Analytics Market Leaders
SAS Institute, Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
APAC Location Analytics Market News
- September 2022: HERE Technologies launched HERE SDK Navigate (Software Development Kit) in Japan. That provides businesses access to a smooth map experience and a rich portfolio of location features, such as multiple map view instances, 3D camera control, and an integrated toolchain for map customization, including car and truck turn-by-turn (TBT) navigation, advanced routing, geocoding, and search, that will benefit global and local businesses to improve their mobile application user experience.
- October 2022: Innoviz Technology announced its partnership with Kudan for 3D digital mapping solutions leveraging "Simultaneous Localization and Mapping" (SLAM) technology to generate 3D maps of surrounding environments and gain autonomous mobility based on Innoviz LiDARs, including HD mapping for autonomous driving, robotics, geospatial mapping, and surveying in the Asia Pacific region.
APAC Location Analytics Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH APPROACH AND METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growth in Retail Market
4.2.2 Increasing adoption of analytical business intelligence and geographic information systems technology
4.2.3 Increasing Usage of Internet of Things
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Concerns about security and privacy
4.3.2 Systems are error prone In cases like incomplete business information, out-of-date information and limitation of place databases
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.5.3 Threat from new entrants
4.5.4 Threat from substitute Product Types
4.5.5 Competitive rivalry within the industry
5. TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW
5.1 Technology Snapshot
5.2 Ongoing developments
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Location
6.2 By Deployment Model
6.3 By Verticals
6.3.7 Energy and Power
6.3.8 Other Verticals
6.4 By Countries
6.4.5 Other Countries
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Cisco Systems
7.1.2 Microsoft Corporation
7.1.4 SAS Institute, Inc.
7.1.5 Oracle Corporation
7.1.6 SAP SE
7.1.7 ESRI (Environmental Systems Research Institute)
7.1.8 Tibco Software Inc.
7.1.9 Pitney Bowes
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF ASIA-PACIFIC LOCATION ANALYTICS MARKET
APAC Location Analytics Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The APAC Location Analytics Market is studied from 2019 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of APAC Location Analytics Market?
The APAC Location Analytics Market is growing at a CAGR of 18.21% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in APAC Location Analytics Market?
Cisco Systems, Microsoft Corporation, HERE Technologies, Oracle Corportion, SAS Institute, Inc. are the major companies operating in APAC Location Analytics Market.
APAC Location Analytics Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 APAC Location Analytics market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. APAC Location Analytics analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.