Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Asia Pacific Location Analytics market is estimated to reach USD 3600 million in 2021 and grow with a CAGR of 18% by 2026.
- There is cut-throat competition between the retailers to earn more than their rivals. Smartphones have taken the world by storm. The boom in Asia-Pacific markets has been enormous and is a huge market for every smartphone company. There is a huge demand in both the low-cost smartphone segment and the high-end segment. The combination of growth in both has helped the location analytics market in this region.
- Location analytics is emerging as one of the major segments in the field of market research. With more retail stores being established each day, a chunk of user data is generated every time a consumer or customer enters the store and until he leaves after the final transaction is done.
- These data points are now being analyzed with different analytical solutions. Location-based analytics helps contextualize location-centric data to derive meaningful insights from the same and strategic business decisions that can be made. This data could, in turn, be used to enhance the customer experience and gain a competitive edge over other market players. By leveraging smartphones with wi-fi networks, location analytics vendors have made it possible to get location analytics solutions up and running at a minimal cost.
- The rise in all the customer-facing industries has led to the introduction of the wi-fi location analytics (LBS) system that allows the customers to connect through on-site wi-fi, which opens a direct channel of communication that enables the retail centers and similar others to understand their consumers better and accordingly, deliver products as per the customer’s needs. Understanding the consumer’s needs via this method helps maximize retail output and retail services.
- Different analytics solutions like web analytics are pretty popular in the market currently. Location-based analytics will become the need of the hour for designing and measuring the experiences of customers. Shortly, location analytics solutions will become commonplace in the marketplace.
- The pandemic had a significant impact on various businesses worldwide, with countries such as India and China adversely affected by the outbreak of the virus. As a result, smartphone usage has increased significantly globally, and location analysis solutions have increased. The Government of India has greatly benefited from using it as it has assisted authorities in conducting effective contact tracing for people who have met COVID-positive patients.
Scope of the report
Location analytics is a technique for adding geographic data layers to the business's data assets to extract more valuable insights. It is sometimes referred to as "geo-analytics." Throughout various industries, business data, including people, events, transactions, and assets, often contains geographic components. Adding geographic components to performance analysis may provide relevant new insights. This provides more context when asking questions about different business processes and gives a new understanding of data trends and relationships.
|By Deployment Model|
|Energy and Power|
Key Market Trends
In-vehicle connectivity is driving growth in the Automotive sector
- New vehicles with built-in navigation are becoming standard and will provide an opportunity for growth for in-vehicle navigation suppliers. Furthermore, in-vehicle connectivity (on-board and brought in) is driving the growth of connected navigation services and live location content.
- For carmakers, embedded and connected location services, such as turn-by-turn (TBT) navigation, traffic information, point-of-interest (POI) search (including parking and gas stations), will remain an essential component of in-vehicle infotainment systems (IVI) over the next five years. Specifically, navigation systems are becoming common in entry-tier vehicles. It is expected that the attach rate for navigation to rise from 38% of cars sold in 2020 to nearly 70% by 2026, creating a significant growth opportunity for suppliers.
- A sizeable drop in new vehicle sales in 2020, due to the pandemic, has resulted in more than a 20% decline in navigation unit shipments. However, annual volumes will make a significant recovery by the end of the forecast.
- Despite the negative impact of the pandemic over the next five years, it is estimated that annual sales of navigation enabled cars will almost double from over 34.5 Million at the end of 2020 and exceed 68 Million by 2025. This total excludes HD maps required to guide autonomous cars safely but includes connected cars, which will have the ability to deliver live map-based services to users as part of the connected in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) experience.
- As the automotive industry aims to enhance road safety and reduce and possibly eliminate accidents caused by vehicles, sophisticated driver assistance features, known as advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), will become a common feature in modern cars.
- Analysts expect the global penetration of the distance warning feature to reach 76% of light-duty vehicles in 2025, with a growing share (likely between a quarter and third) of these relying on an ADAS map. Other examples of ADAS features include distance warning predictive powertrain, intelligent speed assistance, and lane departure alerts.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Achieving competitive advantage through location insights continues to drive demand for Enterprises
- The benefits of digitalization are felt at various levels across enterprises, e.g., sales and marketing, operations, strategy, IT management, and R&D. Data are being collected and analyzed to generate insights that improve decision making, accountability, efficiency, and business performance.
- Location intelligence refers to the combination of mapping and geospatial services with a company or organization’s own data. Location intelligence is a subset of business intelligence, whereby a business visualizes data it generates, e.g., performance data, pricing, and cost data, etc., on a map (or applies location services to it) for improved tactical and strategic decision making.
- Use-cases for location intelligence include geo-marketing, location-targeted advertising, site location planning (e.g., retail stores, restaurants, fuelling stations, and other infrastructure like mobile radio access networks), and remote equipment performance monitoring. Asset tracking, fleet management, on-demand/ mobility services, and other business functions can also be enhanced with location services.
- A BCG global survey on location intelligence for enterprises conducted across 520 in October 2020 shows high levels of importance of location data to business performance across different sectors, including real estate, logistics and delivery, and retail and e-commerce, Exhibit 4. Strategy Analytics plans to assess the status of location service deployments across various verticals through its own enterprise mobility survey later in 2021.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Companies operating in the Asia Pacific Location Analytics Market focus on partnerships and innovations and are moderately concentrated. Some of the key vendors in the market include Cisco Systems, Microsoft Corporation, HERE, SAS Institute Inc., Oracle Corporation, SAP SE, ESRI (Environmental Systems Research Institute), Tibco Software Inc., Pitney Bowes, Galige.
- April 2020 - The government authority of India assessed the new COVID-19 Quarantine Alert System. The system collects phone data, including the location of telecom companies. The data is collected over 15 minutes of granularity and alerts the authority in case of a violation of quarantine/isolation. The system uses telecom data to generate emails and deliver text message alerts to governing authorities.
- October 2020- Accenture acquired Zag, an SAP and cloud solutions technology company. This acquisition helped Accenture expand its digital transformation capabilities and meet the increasing demand for cloud & SAP products.
- September 2020 - Microsoft extended its partnership with Telstra, an Australian telecommunications company. Through this partnership, both companies have developed an innovative cloud-based solution across multiple industries.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH APPROACH AND METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growth in Retail Market
4.2.2 Increasing adoption of analytical business intelligence and geographic information systems technology
4.2.3 Increasing Usage of Internet of Things
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Concerns about security and privacy
4.3.2 Systems are error prone In cases like incomplete business information, out-of-date information and limitation of place databases
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.5.3 Threat from new entrants
4.5.4 Threat from substitute Product Types
4.5.5 Competitive rivalry within the industry
5. TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW
5.1 Technology Snapshot
5.2 Ongoing developments
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Location
6.2 By Deployment Model
6.3 By Verticals
6.3.7 Energy and Power
6.4 By Countries
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles*
7.1.1 Cisco Systems
7.1.2 Microsoft Corporation
7.1.4 SAS Institute, Inc.
7.1.5 Oracle Corporation
7.1.6 SAP SE
7.1.7 ESRI (Environmental Systems Research Institute)
7.1.8 Tibco Software Inc.
7.1.9 Pitney Bowes
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF ASIA-PACIFIC LOCATION ANALYTICS MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The APAC Location Analytics Market market is studied from 2019 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of APAC Location Analytics Market?
The APAC Location Analytics Market is growing at a CAGR of 18% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in APAC Location Analytics Market?
Cisco Systems, Microsoft Corporation, HERE Technologies, Oracle Corportion, SAS Institute, Inc. are the major companies operating in APAC Location Analytics Market.