Asia-Pacific will emerge as the most promising region for the global collagen market, by 2023. The region is home to the largest number of people, aged more than 60 years; it has witnessed an increased level of involvement of the government bodies in the past few years, towards raising the awareness regarding the health benefits of collagen. Over 2018 to 2023, the collagen market in Asia-Pacific is expected to witness the highest CAGR, of XX%.
Asia-Pacific is expected to grow at a faster pace than other regions, in the next five years. The prime reasons for the growth in the region is associated with the high growth in meat & confectionery industries, along with the growing awareness in the cosmetic, personal care and healthcare sectors.
Factors, such as the risk of injuries and side-effects related to collagen, the requirement of high capital investments, stringent regulatory guidelines and GMPs are hindering the growth of this market.
The emerging economies in Asia-Pacific are expected to provide growth opportunities to the manufacturers of collagen peptide, as they are poised to be the potential markets for wound healing applications.
The collagen market is segmented into cattle, pigskin, and poultry & fish as collagen peptide sources. Japanese pharmacy shelves are lined with fruit-flavored shots, and collagen-infused marshmallows, called Precious, which has two grams of collagen. In Japan, people are consuming an average of five grams of collagen a day, mostly through drinkables.
The Asia-Pacific collagen market is geographically segmented into Japan, China & others.
China is home to major leading industry players. The Asia-Pacific collagen market continues to develop based on various market dynamics, such as the expanding application areas of collagen, increasing preference for collagen-based products, growing geriatric population, preference for minimally invasive or non-invasive technologies and the increasing use of collagen by biomedical industries.
The growth of this market is driven by the advancement of functional and processed food & beverage industries. Companies are forecasting development issuing equity and debt, which will help accelerate the growth of the collagen market.
Some of the major players in the collagen market are:
- Cargill, Inc.
- Nitta Inc.
- Collagen Asia Pte Ltd.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Asia-Pacific collagen Industry, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies, along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Asia-Pacific collagen market on a regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insight about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Report Description
2. Market Overview
2.1 Market Trends
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Advancement of Functional and Processed Food & Beverage Industry
3.1.2 Increased Applicability of Collagen
3.2.1 Shift Towards Vegetarian Diet
3.2.2 Risk and Side-Effects Related to Collagen
3.3.1 Development Of Disease-Resistant Collagen
3.3.2 Innovative Use of Collagen in Food & Beverage
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.1 By Application
4.1.1 Application in Meat Processing
4.1.2 Dietary Supplements
4.1.3 Food Additives
4.1.5 Anti-Aging Products
4.2 By Source
4.2.1 Animal-Based Collagen
4.2.2 Marine-Based Collagen
4.3 By Geography
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Most Adopted Market Strategies
5.2 Most Active Companies
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.4 Sinnipai Yakuhinin
6.5 Kim heng
6.8 Nitta Inc
6.10 Collagen Asia Pte Ltd
6.11 Rech Elist Pharma
6.12 Advance Inorganics