Americas 3D Metrology Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Americas 3D Metrology Market Analysis
The Americas 3D Metrology Market is expected to register a CAGR of 8.4% over the forecast period (2022-2027). The growing changes in product designs and investments in industry 4.0 and demand for the Adoption of in-line solutions and Technological advancements are driving the growth of the 3D Metrology market.
- The growing use of 3D data for modeling and analysis in various industries and increased research and development (R&D) investments in 3D metrology is expected to grow the 3D metrology market.
- The development of 3D measurement solutions, portable CMM, robot-mounted optical CMM scanners, cloud-based software application platforms, and dimensional metrology services led to high growth in the market.
- 3D metrology solutions are widely used across consumer and industrial electronics sectors to ensure the quality of parts and products, ranging from actuators, smartphone enclosures, and lead frames to sensors, speakers, smart home devices, and white goods; for instance, PCM Innovation has built BuildIT Metrology Software which is a CAD-to-part inspection solution that enables quick and easy dimensional verification of manufactured parts and assemblies for tool building, assembly, alignment, process automation, reverse engineering, and quality control.
- Small- and medium-sized enterprises are facing cost issues while setting up a 3D metrology facility as it includes measuring equipment cost, installation cost, and maintenance cost, which is an extensive investment for enterprises.
- Due to the COVID-19 outbreak has had a significant impact on the CMM value chain, the energy and power industries, as well as the aerospace industry, are experiencing low demand, which is expected to continue in the short term due to the global slowdown.
Americas 3D Metrology Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Americas 3D Metrology Market according to our research experts:
Changing Product Designs and Growing Investments in Industry 4.0
- Industry 4.0 is a new phase of the industrial revolution, which has linked the manufacturing sector and information technology.
- The Industry provides transparency across all aspects of business which can be enabled by an interconnected technological infrastructure built on recent developments in high-speed mobile internet, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, automation, use of big data analytics, and the internet of things (IoT), and cloud technology.
- The wave of transformation is ongoing with important implications for industrial development, skills requirement, global value chains, and efforts of countries to attract investment in Industry 4.0 effectively.
- The robots used in manufacturing plants are integrated with in-line inspection systems to provide real-time data analysis measurements. This enables easy measuring in the measurement labs and frequent quality testing. The advent of the Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) is fueling the adoption of automation and in-line metrology.
- For instance, In February 2021, ABB ltd launched SWIFT cobot, a collaborative robot family wi safety measures and ease of use with speed for various applications, including manufacturing and logistics.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
United States to hold largest Market share
- The presence of numerous automobile manufacturers such as Ford Motors, General Motors, research institutes, and huge semi-conductor corporations in the region has enlarged the demand for 3-Dimensional metrology equipment, along With a strong presence of pharmaceutical, automotive, and aerospace equipment manufacturers, the United States leads the region's 3D metrology market.
- Moreover, at present, there is a wide range of metrology products available in the market which are being utilized individually or in combination for different purposes such as 3D measurement, quality control, inspection, reverse engineering, and product quality optimization in the production processes. This wide range of applications is projected to help the metrology services market and gain valuation across the country.
- Furthermore, the 3D metrology market has witnessed growth in the united states due to the increased usage of 3D metrology in various power generation and industrial applications such as raw casting, forging inspection, mold & die design, and inspection of power generation components. For instance, In August 2021, Nikon Corporation announced a strategic collaboration with US firm Aeva Technologies, Inc. to use Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave (FMCW) technology in industrial and automation applications.
- The metrology services market in the region is prognosticated to gain sizable business opportunities during the forecast period, owing to a surge in industrialization and robust automotive industry in the region.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Americas 3D Metrology Industry Overview
The Americas 3D Metrology Market is moderately concentrated and dominated by a few major players like Hexagon AB., Faro Technologies., Zeiss., Northern Digital Inc., and Novacam Technologies Inc. These major players, with a prominent share in the market, are focusing on expanding their customer base across foreign countries.
- May 2022 - Hexagon AB announced the acquisition with the Distributor of Vero Solutions, which expands and strengthens Central European support for the CAM software portfolio.
- June 2021- Faro Technologies Inc has announced the acquisition of HoloBuilder, Inc. to deliver hardware-agnostic image capture; the combined solution will provide comprehensive scanning and image management capabilities for the Digital Twin market, including robotic assembly 3D simulation, construction management,
Americas 3D Metrology Market Leaders
FARO Technologies, Inc..
Northern Digital Inc
Novacam Technologies, Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Americas 3D Metrology Market News
- April 2022 - Faro Technologies, a global company in 4D digital reality solutions, launched FARO Sphere, ultra-efficient data capture and collaboration platform with the fastest, most accurate, and data-sharing-enabled scanner available on the market.
- February 2022 - Hexagon acquired ETQ by adding a SaaS-based QMS software platform to its portfolio, where ETQ will enable connectivity of quality data and processes across supply chains, bringing suppliers and customers into one system.
Americas 3D Metrology Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definitions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness-Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Technology Insights
4.4 Impact of COVID-19 on the payments market in the country
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Changing product designs and growing investments in industry 4.0
5.1.2 Adoption of in-line solutions and Technological advancements
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Slower replacement rates | Siloed Inspection Solutions, laser trackers etc.
5.3 Analysis of the growth of 3D metrology of region of united states
6. Market Segmentation
6.1 By Component
6.2 By Hardware Type
6.2.1 Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
6.2.2 Laser Tracker
6.2.3 Light Scanners
6.3 By EndUser
6.3.1 Aerospace & Defense
6.3.3 Construction & Engineering
6.3.4 Industrial Manufacturing
6.4 By Country
6.4.1 United states
6.4.3 Rest of America (Mexico, Brazil among others)
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 FARO Technologies, Inc..
7.1.2 Hexagon AB
7.1.3 Zeiss (GOM)
7.1.4 Northern Digital Inc
7.1.5 Novacam Technologies, Inc.
7.1.6 Keyence Corporation
7.1.7 Nikon Metrology NV
7.1.8 Automated Precision, Inc
7.1.9 POLYRIX INC
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. Investment Analysis
9. Future Outlook of the Market
Americas 3D Metrology Market Research FAQs
What is the current Americas 3D Metrology Market size?
The Americas 3D Metrology Market is projected to register a CAGR of 8.4% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Americas 3D Metrology Market?
FARO Technologies, Inc.., Hexagon AB, Zeiss (GOM), Northern Digital Inc and Novacam Technologies, Inc. are the major companies operating in the Americas 3D Metrology Market.
Americas 3D Metrology Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Americas 3D Metrology market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Americas 3D Metrology analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.