Commercial Airport Lighting Market: Simply Unbeatable to Register CAGR of over 4% by 2027
- The global commercial airport lighting market is anticipated to register a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period (2022 - 2027).
- The commercial airport lighting market is fragmented, with the presence of many players.
- The Asia-Pacific region has the largest market share, and it is expected to grow rapidly during the forecast period.
Read our related report on: Commercial Airport Radar Systems Market
UK Commercial Airport Lighting System Growth
- In the UK, the direct contribution of travel and tourism to GDP is expected to increase by about 2.2% per annum, by 2027
- Manchester Airports Group (MAG), the biggest UK-owned airport operator, is investing more than USD 1.3 billion for transforming the airport to offer better customer experience and ensure that it continues to perform as a national asset and a global gateway for northern England. The program comprises of a series of 60 enhancements, expected to increase the airport’s passenger capacity from the current 20 million passengers a year to 30 million passengers a year, by 2025.
Global Advancements in Commercial Airport Lighting System
- Korea Airports Corporation (KAC) plans to invest around USD 480 million by 2025, to expand and enhance Cheongju Airport, which includes the projects, like the runway repairs and resurfacing; extending runway from 2744m to 3200m to accommodate larger aircraft; construction of new access roads; passenger terminal expansion works; and the construction of international passenger terminal in three phases.
- In August 2021, The Airports Authority of India (AAI) announced that it has installed a state-of-the-art Precision Approach Lighting System (PALS) on the runway of the Thiruvananthapuram International Airport, to improve safety during aircraft landings.
- In July 2021, Mariehamn Airport announced that more than 130 lights that make up the runway lighting system at the airport were replaced with eco-friendly LED lighting. The energy consumption of the new LED lighting is about 30% of the previous lights’ energy consumption.
- In March 2021, TKH Airport Solutions announced the launch of a new product family of elevated airfield ground lights. Key features of the new 797-series are the low energy consumption, the IP69 rating, and the individually controllable circling guidance light and heated front glass.
- In March 2021, Florida’s Boca Raton Airport (BCT) installed a Hali-Brite LED rotating beacon, the first navigation aid of its kind to receive FAA approval for use at public airports. The new beacon provides a higher light output than conventional metal halide rotating beacons.