US Personal Care Packaging Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Forecast Data Period
|2024 - 2029
|Historical Data Period
|2019 - 2022
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
US Personal Care Packaging Market Analysis
The United States Personal Care Packaging Market will register a CAGR of 3.3% during the forecast period. Personal care packaging is materials used to protect unique care products from contamination and other damages. These materials include plastic, flexible packaging, paperboard, glass, and metals.
- Additionally, people use e-commerce channels more frequently to buy personal care items in the United States. Despite the low share of online sales, growth is anticipated during the predicted period. To expand into selling items through online platforms, Unilever has also been making new acquisitions.
- People turn to organic products and natural remedies with increased awareness about the harmful effects of preservatives and chemicals in items like skincare products. Nowadays, a wide range of beauty and skincare products are available that claim to be free of chemicals and offer natural remedies, increasing the use of folding cartons as packaging.
- The region's rapidly expanding market for nail care products is a significant factor in the rise of glass bottles in the cosmetics sector. The growth is fueled by the popularity of artistic manicures and gel formulas, with liquid nail paints still on the rise.
- According to the Operational Excellency Society, product packaging accounts for a sizeable portion of the cost. In some markets, it can account for up to 15% of the product's price in the package and may even increase if not controlled. The fluid growth of the market under study in the United States can be hampered by the prohibitively high cost of developing new packaging designs.
- The widespread shutdown of outlet sales caused by the global COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in a supply crisis, which has caused an unprecedented, if brief, decrease in the market. Although some categories, such as the need for soaps and hand sanitizers, are seeing a significant increase in demand due to the pandemic, cosmetics vendors are increasingly marketing their goods with inner well-being tags, contributing to the market's growth during the epidemic.
US Personal Care Packaging Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the US Personal Care Packaging Market according to our research experts:
Plastic Material is expected to witness significant growth
- Due to its low cost, lightweight, flexibility, durability, and other characteristics, plastic is a common material in the packaging of personal care products. Plastic is a popular material for making "no-spill" and shatterproof bottles, jars, tubes, lids, and closures for personal care items.
- The most prevalent and least priced bottles for personal care products are made of HDPE because they are affordable, impact-resistant, and retain an excellent moisture barrier. Some lotions are maintained in capped tubes in various shapes, sizes, and styles. Depending on their size, these tubes are typically made of plastic. However, some plastic lotion bottles feature pump dispensers rather than capped tops and are still composed of plastic. Many folks who don't want to flip up a cap or have to screw a top on and off will find this helpful.
- PP plastics are another popular plastic used for personal care product containers. These can also be found in more expensive acrylic plastic or less expensive PET plastic. Acrylic plastic typically looks like glass and is transparent. Because it is less likely to break than glass, this type of material has an advantage over that material. However, PP plastic is more reasonably priced than acrylic and typically comes in plastic containers with a cylindrical or tube-like shape.
- To match the design or marketing of the personal care product to be delivered, PP plastic containers can be molded into heart-shaped, character-shaped, or square-shaped designs. Jars and pots, with sizes ranging from 20mm to 60mm and capacities ranging from 25 ml (or less) to 250 ml, are primarily used for face creams, lotions, foundations, lip balms, powders, and other goods.
- Plastics offer outstanding improvements in developing lightweight packaging solutions that utilize fewer resources as producers look for ways to reduce the amount of material required per product. Additionally, the segment has slowed significantly during the past ten years as a result of the negative environmental effects of plastic. However, the availability of recycled plastics and advances in material technology have made it possible the development of eco-friendly packaging solutions in the United States.
Hair Care Segment holds significant market share
- Packaging is a marketing tool used by hair care companies inside and outside the salon. Haircare firms rely on package distinction to connect with customers in a highly competitive retail haircare market.
- Most haircare companies experiment with the interaction of matte and gloss printing processes, and they are progressively adding sensory components to their packaging. The use of dropper packing as a dosage and precision application technique has expanded due to the use of treatment oils to give additional heat styling protection, impart shine, or reduce frizz.
- The New York-based Oribe Hair Care company has recently developed a distinctive retail appearance with its angularly-lined, brightly-hued, custom packaging. The company also features creative packaging that combines old-world delicacy with sleekly modern built elegance. All the bottles, upright tubes, and smart jars create a consistent display reminiscent of perfume bottle shapes.
- Even though the market is dominated by the demand for plastic bottles and dispensers, sustainable packaging encourages hair care packaging suppliers to develop new products. A large portion of this innovation is on the material side. For instance, Dove is attempting to transition to 100% recycled plastic bottles for its Hair range in the nation and other areas.
- To maximize potential revenue, companies devoted to shampoos and haircare products have also been attempting to expand into retail settings. To increase the retail channels for their products by employing the salons as storefronts, Olaplex Holdings Inc., a US-based corporation, entered into a distribution agreement with Ulta Beauty Salons in November 2021. as by beginning in January 2022, more than 1,250 Ulta stores and ulta.com will provide the company's retail products.
US Personal Care Packaging Industry Overview
The US Personal Care Packaging Market is moderately fragmented due to the presence of players, including Silgan Holdings Inc., AptarGroup Inc., RPC Group Plc (Berry Global Group), and many others. With significant R&D expenditures, the firms can be seen to be advancing the sustainability and digitization of the nation's packaging business by expanding into the market under study. Introducing new products and programs focused on sustainability is being pushed by several issues, including an aging population, pollution, and new product innovations. This has a favorable effect on the country's market for personal care packaging.
- October 2022 - Quad packs have announced to launch new Infinite PP Panstick, which is a sustainable evolution of its original plastic pan stick and has reduced its carbon emissions by 43% when compared to the original version and is fully made in PP, recyclable material and the product is versatile: it can be used for various formulas in solid formats, such as foundations, highlighters, sunscreen, serums, and solid fragrances.
US Personal Care Packaging Market Leaders
HCP Packaging Co. Ltd
RPC Group PLC (Berry Global Group Inc.)
Silgan Holdings Inc.
DS Smith PLC
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
US Personal Care Packaging Market News
- September 2022 - Amcor has announced a further strategic investment of up to USD 45 million in ePac Flexible Packaging ('ePac'), a quality, flexible packaging. The acquisition will increase Amcor's minority shareholding in ePac Holdings LLC, which Reflects confidence in ePac's unique, digitally enabled business model, providing excellent opportunities to expand Amcor's addressable markets.
- August 2022 - Quad packs have announced the establishment of a new US lab service that provides value-added testing for regional personal brands. The value-added service is available to support brands in the packaging development stage. In contrast, The US laboratory is furnished with high-tech equipment to conduct leakage, weight loss, torque, decoration resistance, tube sealing, formula aging, and a host of other tests.
US Personal Care Packaging Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Consumption of Personal Care Products With Growing Disposable Income
5.1.2 Growing Focus on Innovative and Attractive Packaging
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 High Costs of R&D and Manufacturing of New Packaging Solution
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 Material Type
6.2 Packaging Type
6.2.1 Plastic Bottles and Containers
6.2.2 Glass Bottles and Containers
6.2.3 Metal Containers
6.2.4 Folding Cartons
6.2.5 Corrugated Boxes
6.2.6 Tubes and Sticks
6.2.7 Caps and Closures
6.2.8 Pump and Dispenser
6.2.9 Flexible Plastic Packaging
6.2.10 Other Packaging Types
6.3 Product Type
6.3.1 Oral Care
6.3.2 Hair Care
6.3.3 Color Cosmetics
6.3.4 Skin Care
6.3.5 Mens Grooming
6.3.7 Other Products (Fragrances, Depilatories, Baby and Child Care, Sun Care)
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Albea SA
7.1.2 HCP Packaging Co. Ltd
7.1.3 RPC Group PLC (Berry Global Group Inc.)
7.1.4 Silgan Holdings Inc.
7.1.5 DS Smith PLC
7.1.6 Graham Packaging Company
7.1.7 Libo Cosmetics Company Ltd
7.1.8 AptarGroup Inc.
7.1.9 Amcor PLC
7.1.10 Cosmopak Ltd
7.1.11 Quadpack Industries SA
7.1.12 Rieke Packaging Systems Ltd
7.1.13 Gerresheimer AG
7.1.14 Raepak Ltd
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET
US Personal Care Packaging Market Research FAQs
What is the current US Personal Care Packaging Market size?
The US Personal Care Packaging Market is projected to register a CAGR of 3.30% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in US Personal Care Packaging Market?
Albea SA, HCP Packaging Co. Ltd, RPC Group PLC (Berry Global Group Inc.), Silgan Holdings Inc. and DS Smith PLC are the major companies operating in the US Personal Care Packaging Market.
What years does this US Personal Care Packaging Market cover?
The report covers the US Personal Care Packaging Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the US Personal Care Packaging Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
US Personal Care Packaging Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 US Personal Care Packaging market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. US Personal Care Packaging analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.