|Study Period:||2015 - 2027|
|Largest Share by Product Type:||Engine Oils|
|Fastest Growing by Product Type:||Transmission Oils|
The Saudi Arabia Passenger Vehicles Lubricants Market stood at 200.37 million liters in 2022 and is projected to register a CAGR of NaN% to reach NaN liters in 2027.
- Largest Segment by Product Type - Engine Oils : Engine oil is the leading product type due to its high volume requirements and shorter drain intervals, as it is used in high-temperature and high-pressure applications.
- Fastest Segment by Product Type - Transmission Oils : The expected recovery of passenger car sales in Saudi Arabia from 2021 is likely to drive the demand for transmission oils in the country over the next few years.
Scope of the Report
|By Product Type|
|Transmission & Gear Oils|
Key Market Trends
Largest Segment By Product Type : Engine Oils
- In Saudi Arabia, passenger vehicles (PVs) is the second-largest vehicle type in terms of automotive lubricant consumption. During 2015-2019, the PV lubricant consumption grew at a CAGR of 2.8%, primarily owing to the surge in the high-powered engine car popualtion in the country.
- In 2020, PVs accounted for about 52% of the total automotive lubricant consumption in the country. Engine oil accounted for the largest share in the PV lubricant consumption, with a share of around 89% during the year. During 2020, PV lubricants consumption declined by 6.8% due to the lower usage of the vehicle fleet post COVID-19 outbreak.
- During the next five years, the transmission oils segment is likely to be the fastest-growing segment with a CAGR of 4.94%. This growth is likely to be driven by rise in sales of passenger cars and recovery in average distance travelled in the country.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Saudi Arabia Passenger Vehicles Lubricants Market is fairly consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 74.33%. The major players in this market are BP PLC (Castrol), ExxonMobil Corporation, FUCHS, Petromin Corporation and Royal Dutch Shell PLC (sorted alphabetically).
- November 2021: PETRONAS Lubricants International Sdn Bhd (PLI) announced the debut of PETRONAS iona Electric Vehicle (EV) Fluids solutions at its Global Research & Technology Centre in Turin, Italy, marking another milestone in fluid technology innovation.
- July 2021: Taajeer Group and APSCO agreed to work together on a long-term strategic relationship to deliver engine oil change services for MG automobiles at "Mobil Service" locations across the Kingdom.
- July 2021: APSCO and Haval & GWM forged a long-term strategic cooperation to deliver engine oil change services for Haval & GWM cars across the Kingdom through "Mobil Service" outlets.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 Automotive Industry Trends
3.2 Regulatory Framework
3.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.1.1 Engine Oils
4.1.3 Hydraulic Fluids
4.1.4 Transmission & Gear Oils
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.1 AMSOIL Inc.
5.3.2 BP PLC (Castrol)
5.3.3 Eni SpA
5.3.4 ExxonMobil Corporation
5.3.6 Petromin Corporation
5.3.7 PETRONAS Lubricants International
5.3.8 Royal Dutch Shell PLC
5.3.10 United Lube Oil Company
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Lubricants CEOs
List of Tables & Figures
PASSENGER VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, SAUDI ARABIA, 2015 - 2026
SAUDI ARABIA PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2015-2026
SAUDI ARABIA PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
SAUDI ARABIA PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, ENGINE OILS, 2015-2026
SAUDI ARABIA PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, ENGINE OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
SAUDI ARABIA PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, GREASES, 2015-2026
SAUDI ARABIA PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, GREASES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
SAUDI ARABIA PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, 2015-2026
SAUDI ARABIA PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
SAUDI ARABIA PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, TRANSMISSION & GEAR OILS, 2015-2026
SAUDI ARABIA PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, TRANSMISSION & GEAR OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
SAUDI ARABIA PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ACTIVE COMPANIES, BY NUMBER OF STRATEGIC MOVES, 2018 - 2021
SAUDI ARABIA PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ADOPTED STRATEGIES, 2018 - 2021
SAUDI ARABIA PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET SHARE(%), BY MAJOR PLAYERS, 2020
- Vehicle Types - Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles and Motorcycles are the vehicle types considered under the automotive lubricants market.
- Product Types - For the purpose of this study, lubricant products such as engine oils, transmission oils, greases and hydraulic fluids are taken into consideration.
- Service Refill - Service refill is the primary factor considered while accounting the lubricant consumption for each of the vehicle segments, under the study.
- Factory Fill - First lubricant fill-ups for newly produced vehicles are considered.
Mordor Intelligence follows a four-step methodology in all our reports.
- Step-1: Identify Key Variables: The quantifiable key variables (industry and extraneous) pertaining to the specific product segment and country are selected from a group of relevant variables & factors based on desk research & literature review; along with primary expert inputs. These variables are further confirmed through regression modeling (wherever required).
- Step-2: Build a Market Model: In order to build a robust forecasting methodology, the variables and factors identified in Step-1 are tested against available historical market numbers. Through an iterative process, the variables required for market forecast are set and the model is built on the basis of these variables.
- Step-3: Validate and Finalize: In this important step, all market numbers, variables and analyst calls are validated through an extensive network of primary research experts from the market studied. The respondents are selected across levels and functions to generate a holistic picture of the market studied.
- Step-4: Research Outputs: Syndicated Reports, Custom Consulting Assignments, Databases & Subscription Platforms