Qatar Luxury Good Industry Overview
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
80% of our clients seek made-to-order reports. How do you want us to tailor yours?
Qatar Luxury Good Market Analysis
The Qatar luxury goods market is expected to witness a CAGR of 2.5% over the next five years.
- Qatar is regarded as the world's fastest-growing luxury market as it holds the majority stake in the Italian fashion brand Valentino and the landmark department stores Harrods and Printemps in London and Paris. Qatar is also developing its luxury label named Qela. However, with the impact of COVID-19, the restricted shopping timings have led the market to change its scenario, letting e-commerce grab the majority share in the country. Also, Qataris are considered the biggest buyers of goods in the Middle East but often shop in Dubai.
- The Mall of Qatar's infrastructure is being improved in the run-up to the 2022 World Cup, with the luxury industry posing a huge potential to grow in the country. The region's a highly coveted and affluent market due to its soaring demand and is divided by several distribution channels, including clothing and apparel.
- Rising funding for the fashion sector in Qatar and the increasing disposable income of consumers are major factors propelling the growth of the global Qatari luxury goods market.
- The emergence of the e-commerce sector has provided consumers with easy access to information and prices of products. In addition, changing preference of urban consumers for innovative jewelry designs is projected to boost the growth of the global Qatari luxury goods market over the forecast period. However, factors such as fluctuations in the rate of inflation and political uncertainties in Qatar are projected to hinder the growth of the global Qatari luxury goods market over the forecast period.
Qatar Luxury Good Industry Segments
Luxury goods are premium, high-quality products that are not necessary for living but add value to consumers' appearance.
The Qatar luxury good market is segmented by product type and distribution channels. Based on product type, the market is segmented into clothing and apparel, footwear, bags, jewelry, watches, and other types. Based on the distribution channels, the market is segmented into single-branded stores, multi-brand stores, online stores, and other distribution channels.
For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done based on value (in USD million).
|By Product Type|
|Clothing and Apparel|
|By Distribution Channel|
|Other Distribution Channels|
Qatar Luxury Good Market Trends
Qatar is the Regional Luxury Fashion Hub
- The main factors that aid Qatar in becoming a regional luxury fashion hub are the higher incomes of Qataris and the increasing investment in the luxury fashion sector. The higher incomes tend to support consumer spending in the luxury fashion segment and encourage customers to spend considerable amounts on luxury fashion with every fashion cycle. Consumers are inclined to spend more on high-end electronic goods and fashion accessories over experiential luxuries such as holidays and spa treatments.
- There is substantial demand for modes of fashion in Qatar, and it is expected to continue to grow in the coming future. Within the Qatari retail market, the capital city of Doha has been THE PEARL of QATAR as the man-made island which is dedicated to luxury shopping and entertainment.
- Luxury goods such as apparel are mainly considered a status symbol for individuals and drive discretionary spending among consumers with high purchasing power. The increasing popularity of luxury apparel among millennials is driving market growth as they are more likely to be caused by the latest fashion trends than other consumer groups. Improvement in digital marketing and a rise in the use of digital media in developing economies for product marketing has been playing a pivotal role in driving the luxury goods market’s growth over the last few years.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Mono Branding is the Leading Luxury Goods Channel in Qatar
- The sale of personal luxury goods in the Middle East, primarily represented by the GCC countries, is also expected to witness steady growth of 4.0% between 2016 and 2021. Qatar is increasingly becoming a regional hub for luxury brands with Qatari brands such as global fashion brand QELA and high-end luxury health and beauty boutique store Pharmakeia.
- The broader presence of an affluent consumer base has attracted several luxury retailers to the city. With Qatar’s organized retail space going through a rapid expansion and a strong pipeline of mall openings, several international and regional retailers continue to establish and expand their presence in the country. Single-branded stores are highly influencing the quality-oriented customers in the country with a wide range of single-branded quality products, making it one of the major retail channels in the market.
- Also, around eight malls opened in 2021, which offer customers a wide range of shopping, dining, and entertainment experiences. Some of the key projects include Place Vendome, which opened in 2021. It features a canal running to the sea with an open plaza experience overlooking the waters. The mixed-use development project is with the high-end shopping street in Paris, Rue de la Paix. Across four floors, up to 600 retail outlets, including luxury designer stores. It also hosts a wide range of dining options, a hypermarket, a lively dancing fountain, family entertainment, and a cinema complex.
- Some of the key projects include the 60,000 sqm Marina Mall, scheduled to open in Lusail City at the end of 2019, and the mixed-use development project Place Vendome, also in Lusail City, which will have 230,000sqm of GLA shared by around 500 shops. Other retail developments in the pipeline include the Northgate Mall, Doha Mall, Doha Oasis, Katara Plaza, and Al Waab Mall.
Qatar Luxury Good Market Competitor Analysis
The Qatar luxury goods market is moderately fragmented, with more than 50% of the market taken by many smaller local players tying up with luxury retailers across various sectors such as fashion, jewelry, and other accessories such as eyewear and leather goods. The presence of an affluent consumer base has also attracted several luxury retailers to the city. With Qatar’s organized retail space going through a rapid expansion and a strong pipeline of mall openings, several international and regional retailers continue to establish and expand their presence in the country. The players involved in the market include Chanel, LVMH, Rolex, Kering, Joyalukkas, Giorgio Armani, Hugo Boss, Puig, PVH, Richemont, and others
Qatar Luxury Good Market Top Players
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Qatar Luxury Good Market Recent Developments
- November 2022: The Giantto Group, a prominent LA-based jewelry company, officially launched 300 units of a collector’s edition numbered and exclusive timepiece collection, just in time for the World Cup 2022 in Doha, Qatar.
- November 2022: To celebrate the launch of the FIFA World Cup in Qatar, luxury brand Louis Vuitton launched its limited edition FIFA World Cup Collection of leather accessories.
- August 2022: For its Fall/Winter 2022/2023 Pre-Collection, CHANEL unveiled two sneaker styles, each presented in two autumnal colorways. Both styles bring an athleisure aesthetic to the house’s signature design elements, from quilted midsoles inspired by CHANEL flap bags to mesh interlocking C’s.
- April 2022: Louis Vuitton, a leading global French luxury fashion house, announced the news of its first store at Qatar Duty-Free in Hamad International Airport, Doha, which is scheduled to open soon. This new space will have a complete offer of leather goods, ready-to-wear, textiles, watches, jewelry, accessories, fragrances, and shoes from the women’s and men’s universes and highlights Maison’s continued focus on travel.
Qatar Luxury Good Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Clothing and Apparel
5.1.6 Other Types
5.2 By Distribution Channel
5.2.1 Single-branded Stores
5.2.2 Multi-brand Stores
5.2.3 Online Stores
5.2.4 Other Distribution Channels
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.7 Giorgio Armani
6.3.8 HUGO BOSS
6.3.9 Prada SpA
6.3.10 Valentino s.p.a
6.3.12 Qatar Luxury Group
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Qatar Luxury Good Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Qatar Luxury Good Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Qatar Luxury Good Market?
The Qatar Luxury Good Market is growing at a CAGR of 2.5% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Qatar Luxury Good Market?
CHANEL , LVMH, Rolex, Kering, Joyalukkas are the major companies operating in Qatar Luxury Good Market.
Qatar Luxury Good Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Qatar Luxury Good Market sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Qatar Luxury Good Market research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Qatar Luxury Good Market report PDF.