Norway Automotive Lubricants Market Size
|Study Period:||2015 - 2026|
|Largest Share by Vehicle Type:||Commercial Vehicles|
|Fastest Growing by Vehicle Type:||Commercial Vehicles|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Norway Automotive Lubricants Market Analysis
The Norway Automotive Lubricants Market is at 22.87 million liters in 2021 and is projected to register a CAGR of 1.12% to reach 24.18 million liters in 2026. The COVID-19 outbreak and social restrictions have been leading to significant drop in automotive sales across the world. However, the Norwegian government initiatives like scrappage refund, tax incentives, etc. has ensured limited sales decline of around 0.7% in passenger vehicle sales during 2020.
- Largest Segment by Vehicle Type - Commercial Vehicles : The highest lubricant consumption in the commercial vehicles sector of the country is attributed to the high average lubricant requirements for commercial vehicles in Norway.
- Fastest Segment by Vehicle Type - Commercial Vehicles : The resurgence in economic activity, supported by the need for engine oils for the existing fleet in Norway, is likely to drive the demand for lubricants in the coming years.
- Largest Segment by Product Type - Engine Oils : Engine oil is the leading product type due to its high volume requirements and shorter drain intervals, as it is used for high-temperature and high-pressure applications.
- Fastest Segment by Product Type - Transmission & Gear Oils : Growing electric vehicle sales and increasing automatic transmissions in the country are likely to drive the demand for transmission oils during the forecast period.
Norway Automotive Lubricants Industry Segmentation
|By Vehicle Type|
|By Product Type|
|Transmission & Gear Oils|
Norway Automotive Lubricants Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Norway Automotive Lubricants Market according to our research experts:
Largest Segment By Vehicle Type : Commercial Vehicles
- In Norway, passenger vehicles (PVs) accounted for 75.32% of the total number of on-road vehicles in 2020, followed by commercial vehicles (CVs) and motorcycles, with a share of 15.14% and 9.54%, respectively.
- In 2020, commercial vehicles accounted for the highest share of 55.57% in total lubricant consumption, as compared to 54.46% in 2019. This was due to a notable dip in lubricant consumption in the PVs segment, with a comparatively lesser dip in the CVs segment due to freight transportation requirements amid COVID-19 in 2020.
- The CVs segment is projected to be the fastest-growing lubricant consumer, with a CAGR of 2.41%, over the forecast period, due to the recovery in sales from the COVID-19 impact. In Norway, though commercial vehicles majorly have combustion engines, their lubricant consumption is likely to increase with a rise in sales and the average distance traveled per year.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Norway Automotive Lubricants Industry Overview
The Norway Automotive Lubricants Market is moderately consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 53.21%. The major players in this market are BP PLC (Castrol), ExxonMobil Corporation, FUCHS, Royal Dutch Shell Plc and TotalEnergies (sorted alphabetically).
Norway Automotive Lubricants Market Leaders
BP PLC (Castrol)
Royal Dutch Shell Plc
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Norway Automotive Lubricants Market News
- January 2022: Effective April 1, ExxonMobil Corporation was organized along three business lines – ExxonMobil Upstream Company, ExxonMobil Product Solutions and ExxonMobil Low Carbon Solutions.
- October 2021: Valvoline and Cummins extended their long-standing marketing and technology collaboration agreement for another five years. Cummins will endorse and promote Valvoline's Premium Blue engine oil for its heavy-duty diesel engines and generators and will distribute Valvoline products through its global distribution networks.
- June 2021: TotalEnergies and Stellantis group renewed their partnership for cooperation across different segments. Along with the renewal of partnerships with Peugeot, Citroën, and DS Automobiles, the new collaboration extends to Opel, and Vauxhall as well. This partnership includes the development and innovation of lubricants, first-fill in Stellantis group vehicles, recommendation of Quartz lubricants, and shared usage of charging stations operated by TotalEnergies, among others.
Norway Automotive Lubricants Market Report - Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1. Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2. Scope of the Study
2.3. Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1. Automotive Industry Trends
3.2. Regulatory Framework
3.3. Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1. By Vehicle Type
4.1.1. Commercial Vehicles
4.1.3. Passenger Vehicles
4.2. By Product Type
4.2.1. Engine Oils
4.2.3. Hydraulic Fluids
4.2.4. Transmission & Gear Oils
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1. Key Strategic Moves
5.2. Market Share Analysis
5.3. Company Profiles
5.3.1. BP PLC (Castrol)
5.3.2. Champion Lubricants
5.3.3. CHEVRON CORPORATION
5.3.4. ExxonMobil Corporation
5.3.6. Gulf Oil International
5.3.8. PETRONAS Lubricants International
5.3.9. Royal Dutch Shell Plc
5.3.11. Valvoline Inc.
6.1. Appendix-1 References
6.2. Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Lubricants CEOs
List of Tables & Figures
VEHICLE POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, NORWAY, 2015 - 2026
COMMERCIAL VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, NORWAY, 2015 - 2026
MOTORCYCLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, NORWAY, 2015 - 2026
PASSENGER VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, NORWAY, 2015 - 2026
NORWAY AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2015-2026
NORWAY AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
NORWAY AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, 2015-2026
NORWAY AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
NORWAY AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, MOTORCYCLES, 2015-2026
NORWAY AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOTORCYCLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
NORWAY AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, 2015-2026
NORWAY AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, PASSENGER VEHICLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
NORWAY AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2015-2026
NORWAY AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
NORWAY AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, ENGINE OILS, 2015-2026
NORWAY AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, ENGINE OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
NORWAY AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, GREASES, 2015-2026
NORWAY AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, GREASES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
NORWAY AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, 2015-2026
NORWAY AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
NORWAY AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, TRANSMISSION & GEAR OILS, 2015-2026
NORWAY AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, TRANSMISSION & GEAR OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
NORWAY AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ACTIVE COMPANIES, BY NUMBER OF STRATEGIC MOVES, 2018 - 2021
NORWAY AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ADOPTED STRATEGIES, 2018 - 2021
NORWAY AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET SHARE(%), BY MAJOR PLAYERS, 2019
- Vehicle Types - Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles and Motorcycles are considered under the automotive lubricants market.
- Product Types - For the purpose of this study, lubricant products such as engine oils, transmission & gear oils, hydraulic fluids and greases are taken into consideration.
- Service Refill - Service/maintenance refill is considered while accounting the lubricant consumption for each of the vehicle, under the study.
- Factory Fill - First lubricant fill-ups for newly produced vehicles are considered under the study.
Mordor Intelligence follows a four-step methodology in all our reports.
- Step-1: Identify Key Variables: The quantifiable key variables (industry and extraneous) pertaining to the specific product segment and country are selected from a group of relevant variables & factors based on desk research & literature review; along with primary expert inputs. These variables are further confirmed through regression modeling (wherever required).
- Step-2: Build a Market Model: In order to build a robust forecasting methodology, the variables and factors identified in Step-1 are tested against available historical market numbers. Through an iterative process, the variables required for market forecast are set and the model is built on the basis of these variables.
- Step-3: Validate and Finalize: In this important step, all market numbers, variables and analyst calls are validated through an extensive network of primary research experts from the market studied. The respondents are selected across levels and functions to generate a holistic picture of the market studied.
- Step-4: Research Outputs: Syndicated Reports, Custom Consulting Assignments, Databases & Subscription Platforms