|Study Period:||2015 - 2026|
|Largest Share by Product Type:||Engine Oils|
|Fastest Growing by Product Type:||Transmission Oils|
The Norway Commercial Vehicles Lubricants Market is at 12.83 million liters in 2021 and is projected to register a CAGR of 2.41% to reach 14.46 million liters in 2026. The COVID-19 outbreak and social restrictions implemented in response to the pandemic have resulted in a 19.45% drop in the sales of new commercial vehicles in the country during 2020-2021. Electric vehicle penetration in commercial fleets is comparatively very low in the country currently, as compared to passenger vehicles.
- Largest Segment by Product Type - Engine Oils : Engine oil is the leading product type due to its high volume requirements and shorter drain intervals, as it is used for high-temperature and high-pressure applications.
- Fastest Segment by Product Type - Transmission Oils : Growing electric vehicle sales and increasing automatic transmissions in the country are likely to drive the demand for transmission oils during the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
|By Product Type|
Key Market Trends
Largest Segment By Product Type : Engine Oils
- In 2020, commercial vehicles formed the largest segment and accounted for about 55.57% of lubricant consumption. During 2015-2019, commercial vehicle lubricant consumption recorded a negative CAGR 0.32% due to the increased preference for synthetic oils and sales declines in 2017 and 2018.
- In 2020, commercial vehicle lubricant consumption declined by 4.25% as COVID-19 affected sales. However, the demand continued to remain high for freight transportation, which was considered an essential activity during the lockdown in the country.
- The CVs segment observed an increased preference for synthetic engine oils over the past few years. While the commercial vehicle segment has limited EV penetration with a target of 100% EV penetration by 2030, lubricant consumption is likely to record a comparatively higher CAGR of 2.41% over the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Norway Commercial Vehicles Lubricants Market is moderately consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 51.91%. The major players in this market are BP PLC (Castrol), ExxonMobil Corporation, FUCHS, Royal Dutch Shell Plc and TotalEnergies (sorted alphabetically).
- May 2021: ADDINOL developed ADDINOL Professional 0530 FA-4, which is a high-performance motor oil for commercial vehicles with reduced HTHS viscosity.
- January 2021: ADDINOL developed and introduced a new range of ADDINOL Professional oils, Professional 1040 and Professional 1540 E8/E11, for heavy-duty trucks, keeping modern standards and ACEA specifications in mind.
- January 2021: Champion Lubricants collaborated with the Dakar Rally race, where the company supplied its finest and high-performance lubricants to trucks in extreme conditions.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 Automotive Industry Trends
3.1.1 Commercial Vehicles
3.2 Regulatory Framework
3.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.1.1 Engine Oils
4.1.3 Hydraulic Fluids
4.1.4 Transmission Oils
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.1 BP PLC (Castrol)
5.3.2 Champion Lubricants
5.3.3 CHEVRON CORPORATION
5.3.4 ExxonMobil Corporation
5.3.6 Gulf Oil International
5.3.8 Royal Dutch Shell Plc
5.3.10 Valvoline Inc.
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Lubricants CEOs
List of Tables & Figures
COMMERCIAL VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, NORWAY, 2015 - 2026
NORWAY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2015-2026
NORWAY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
NORWAY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, ENGINE OILS, 2015-2026
NORWAY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, ENGINE OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
NORWAY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, GREASES, 2015-2026
NORWAY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, GREASES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
NORWAY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, 2015-2026
NORWAY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
NORWAY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, TRANSMISSION OILS, 2015-2026
NORWAY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, TRANSMISSION OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
NORWAY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ACTIVE COMPANIES, BY NUMBER OF STRATEGIC MOVES, 2018 - 2021
NORWAY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ADOPTED STRATEGIES, 2018 - 2021
NORWAY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET SHARE(%), BY MAJOR PLAYERS, 2019
- Vehicle Types - Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles and Motorcycles are the vehicle types considered under the automotive lubricants market.
- Product Types - For the purpose of this study, lubricant products such as engine oils, transmission oils, greases and hydraulic fluids are taken into consideration.
- Service Refill - Service refill is the primary factor considered while accounting the lubricant consumption for each of the vehicle segments, under the study.
- Factory Fill - First lubricant fill-ups for newly produced vehicles are considered.
Mordor Intelligence follows a four-step methodology in all our reports.
- Step-1: Identify Key Variables: The quantifiable key variables (industry and extraneous) pertaining to the specific product segment and country are selected from a group of relevant variables & factors based on desk research & literature review; along with primary expert inputs. These variables are further confirmed through regression modeling (wherever required).
- Step-2: Build a Market Model: In order to build a robust forecasting methodology, the variables and factors identified in Step-1 are tested against available historical market numbers. Through an iterative process, the variables required for market forecast are set and the model is built on the basis of these variables.
- Step-3: Validate and Finalize: In this important step, all market numbers, variables and analyst calls are validated through an extensive network of primary research experts from the market studied. The respondents are selected across levels and functions to generate a holistic picture of the market studied.
- Step-4: Research Outputs: Syndicated Reports, Custom Consulting Assignments, Databases & Subscription Platforms