The increase in upstream investments with recovering oil prices is anticipated to drive the oil & gas industry drilling activities over the forecast period. Technological advancements, to modify the fluid composition for efficient extraction in different formations, have created lucrative avenues for industry participants. Moreover, the increase in the fracturing activities for efficient extraction of oil & gas from abundant reserves present in American shale reserves is expected to drive the market in the North American region.
Transition toward Horizontal Wells from Vertical Wells - An Opportunity
The shift from vertical to horizontal wells is the most important change to occur over the last decade, allowing for greater formation access, while only incrementally increasing the cost of the well. Over the past decade, lateral lengths have increased from 2,500 ft. to nearly 7,000 ft. In the United States, the unique geological makeup of Permian, Eagle Ford, Bakken, and Marcellus, consisting of multiple layers of oil & gas and trapping shale that span hundreds of miles, is expected to contribute toward the growth of the demand for hydraulic fracturing fluids in North America.
Growing Demand for Hydraulic Fracturing Fluids in the United States
A rise in prices, at the start of 2017, above USD50/bbl, compared to USD43.5/bbl in 2016, combined with the industrial-friendly Trump administration at the helm, encouraged operators to increase investment early on. Moreover, the increased price stability over Q1 of 2018 encouraged producers to return to the well pad, with a growth in the number of active oil rigs. The shale boom is likely to positively contribute toward the market growth.
Notable Developments in the Market
- December 2017: Weatherford sold its US hydraulic fracturing business to Schlumberger for USD 430 million.
Major Players: Baker Hughes, a GE company, Halliburton Company, Schlumberger Limited, BASF SE , Calfrac Well Services Ltd, Clariant AG, among others.
Reasons to Purchase This Report
- Current and future North America Hydraulic Fracturing Fluids market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you to get a report that suits your needs.
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023
3.3 Recent Trends and Developments
3.4 Government Rules & Regulations
4. Market Dynamics
5. Value Chain Analysis
6. Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Force Analysis
6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.4 Threat of Substitutes
6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
7. Market Segmentation and Analysis By Fluid Type (Overview, Market Size, and Demand Forecast until 2023)
7.1 Slick Water-based Fluid
7.2 Foam-based Fluid
7.3 Gelled Oil-based Fluid
7.4 Other Base Fluids
8. Regional Market Analysis (Overview, Market Size, and Demand Forecast until 2023)
8.2 United States
8.3 Rest of North America
9. Key Company Analysis* (Overview, Products & Services, Financials**, Recent Development, and Analyst View)
9.1 Baker Hughes, a GE company
9.2 Halliburton Company
9.3 Schlumberger Limited
9.4 Akzo Nobel N.V.
9.5 Ashland Global Holdings Inc.
9.6 BASF SE
9.7 Calfrac Well Services Ltd
9.8 Clariant AG
10. Competitive Landscape
10.1 Mergers and Acquisitions
10.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
10.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
11.1 Contact Us
*List not Exhaustive
**Subject to availability to public domain