The global portable X-ray devices market is expected to register a CAGR of 8% during the forecast period of 2018–2023. North America is anticipated to dominate the market during the forecast period owing to rapid technological advancement and the presence of leading market players in the region.
Huge Funding for R&D of Portable Technologies
The growing adoption rate of portable X-ray systems by healthcare professionals has prompted multinational firms to invest in this market. Market players who already have their products in the X-ray segment have invested in the portable X-ray devices market to extend their product portfolio. Also, the government is investing significant amount for the R&D of portable medical devices to meet the growing demand from end users. Additionally, technological advancement, growing geriatric populations, and increasing focus on preventive care are likely to drive the market growth of portable X-ray devices globally.
Stringent Regulatory Scenario
FDA’s Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CRDH) is responsible for regulations of manufacture, repackage, relabel, and import of medical devices. In addition, CRDH regulates radiation-emitting electronic products (medical and non-medical) such as X-ray systems, ultrasound equipment, etc. The process of manufacturing an X-ray system includes establishment registration, premarket notification, premarket approval, investigational device exemption, quality system regulation, etc. This process puts a financial burden on the company and is time-consuming. Also, the radiation emitted by the system should be within permissible limits. Stringent FDA regulations are a major restraint, and hence small and medium-sized companies refrain from investing in X-ray systems. Additionally, high risk of radiation exposure is further restricting the growth of the market.
North America is the Largest Market
North America is the largest market for global portable X-ray devices owing to the presence of leading medical devices manufacturer, and growing awareness regarding preventive care and early diagnosis, which is augmenting the demand of portable X-ray devices in the region. In terms of growth, Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing region due to growing awareness regarding early diagnosis, and rising incidence of chronic diseases in the region.
Key Developments in the Market
- February 2018: Qioptiq introduced SlimLine for X-ray Diagnostics featuring Spine Mode. The new operation mode enables automatic optimization of overexposed images for maximum contrast and visibility of the spine.
- July 2016: Canon Medical Systems Europe B.V. acquired DelftHold B.V., a company specialized in healthcare information technology (IT) solutions, and digital X-ray systems.
The major players include - Aribex, Inc., Canon Medical Systems, General Electric Company, Koninklijke Philips N.V., MinXray, Qioptiq, Shimadzu Corporations, Siemens AG, Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation, and Varian Medical Systems, Inc., among others.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- A look at the current and future global portable X-ray devices market in the developed and emerging regions.
- Analysis of various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s Five Forces Analysis.
- Identify the segment that is expected to dominate the market.
- Identify the regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you to get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Key Inferences
5. Market Overview
5.1 Current Market Scenario
5.2 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
5.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
5.2.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
6. Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, and Challenges Analysis (DROC)
6.1.1 Technological Advancement
6.1.2 Growing Geriatric Populations
6.1.3 Increasing Focus on Preventive Care
6.1.4 Huge Funding for R&D of Portable Technologies by Private Players and Government Sector
6.2.1 Stringent Regulatory Scenario
6.2.2 High Risk of Radiation Exposure
6.4 Key Challenges
7. Market Segmentation
7.1 By Technology
7.1.1 Analog X-ray
7.1.2 Digital X-ray
7.2 By Applications
7.2.1 Dental X-ray
7.2.3 Chest X-ray
7.2.4 Abdomen X-ray
7.3 By Modality
7.3.1 Handheld X-ray Devices
7.3.2 Mobile X-ray Devices
7.4 By Geography
7.4.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 Rest of North America
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 Australia & New Zealand
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.4.4 Middle East & Africa
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of the Middle East & Africa
7.4.5 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
8.2 Agreements, Collaborations, and Partnerships
8.3 New Products Launches
9. Key Players
9.1 Aribex Inc.
9.2 Canon Medical Systems
9.3 General Electric Company
9.4 Koninklijke Philips N.V.
9.7 Shimadzu Corporations
9.8 Siemens AG
9.9 Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation
9.10 Varian Medical Systems Inc.
*List not Exhaustive
10. Future of the Market