North America Centrifugal Pumps Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Forecast Data Period
|2024 - 2029
|Historical Data Period
|2019 - 2022
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
North America Centrifugal Pumps Market Analysis
The North America Centrifugal Pumps Market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.1 % during the forecast period 2022-2027. Furthermore, the outbreak of COVID-19 has significantly impacted pump OEMs' business performance in 2021. The drop in oil prices to their lowest level in history, the deterioration of US-China trade relations, the closure of rigs by small oil enterprises, and massive job cuts in both the United States and Canada have all impacted the North American marketplace.
- The rapidly developing residential and commercial infrastructure and the expansion of the manufacturing sector are propelling the North American centrifugal pump market. In addition, The rapid urbanization is attributed to increased investment in the construction industry. The growing market is responsible for the high demand for these types of pumps in various sectors.
- For instance, in February 2021, the Canadian government's announced to invest CAD 14.9 billion (USD 12 billion) in public transportation projects over the next eight years will promote long-term output in the Canadian construction industry.
- The expansion of chemical, oil, and gas refining and processing industries is also expected to generate significant growth in the market. Moreover, technological advancements that have enabled deep-water and ultra-deep-water explorations are expected to increase oil production and provide market growth opportunities during the forecast period.
- For instance, according to the IEA, oil and gas investment in North America (Canada, the United States, and Mexico) is expected to lead the way at nearly USD 8.1 trillion between 2021 and 2025, with oil accounting for almost USD 4.9 trillion and gas accounting for almost USD 3.2 trillion. The increasing demand for oil and gas is expected to drive the demand for centrifugal pumps across the region.
- Moreover, autonomous technologies are increasingly being adopted across various industries. The factors such as the increasing adoption of autonomous technologies and the replacement of traditional ones are also augmenting the market growth.
- For instance, in April 2022, Deere & Company announced to make a new move toward unmanned technologies and formed a joint venture with California-based GUSS Automation LLC. The joint venture focuses on specific California high-value crop systems. Also, the GUSS, which stands for Global Unmanned Spray System, utilizes Myers two-stage centrifugal pump.
North America Centrifugal Pumps Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the North America Centrifugal Pumps Market according to our research experts:
Oil & Gas Industry is Expected to Hold a Significant Market Share
- Many nations rely on oil and gas for economic and strategic reasons. Countries such as the United States keep large reserves of crude oil for future use. The measurement of these oil and gas reserves is an indicator for investors; changes in oil stock levels reflect trends in production and consumption.
- Moreover, centrifugal pumps are used in the oil and gas industry to pump oil and petroleum products, liquefied gases, and other fluids during operations. The surge in oil and gas infrastructure development in the studied region is expected to boost the centrifugal pump market during the forecast period significantly. For instance, in November 2021, Southern ITS International Inc. announced the launch of Pure Oil & Gas, Inc., a Wyoming corporation, as a wholly owned subsidiary to add to their growing family of energy solutions and products.
- Furthermore, in December 2021, ConocoPhillips began production at its GMT-2 oil project in Alaska's National Petroleum Reserve. At its peak, the project is anticipated to produce 30,000 b/d. The project's development costs totaled USD 1.4 million. As a result of the mentioned factors, the upstream segment is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period.
- Staring at oil & gas contracts in North America by segment, the upstream segment contributed the most in contracts awarded, with 63 in December 2021, followed by midstream and downstream, with ten and three arrangements, respectively.
- For instance, in February 2022, BP PLC announced opening the Herschel Expansion project in the Gulf of Mexico. Herschel is the first of four significant projects to be completed globally in 2022. Phase 1 of the project entails developing a new subsea production system. At its peak, the first well is expected to increase platform annual gross production by an estimated 10,600 barrels of oil equivalent per day.
Canada is Expected to Register Significant Growth
- One of the key industries for centrifugal pumps is the chemical industry. Centrifugal pumps are widely used in this industry because they handle a wide range of liquids, slurries, and solids at high efficiencies and low costs. Over the next five years, demand will be driven by the growing trend of process re-engineering, allowing Canadian companies to offer new products or produce them more efficiently than before by lowering unit production costs through process optimization.
- Furthermore, in January 2022, the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP) forecasted a 22% increase in natural gas and oil investment. Capital investment in the sector is expected to increase from USD 6.0 billion to USD 32.8 billion, up from a total investment of USD 26.9 billion in 2021.
- Further, the Canadian market is supported by well-developed oil & gas, food & beverage industries, and significant government investments. Because of the country's extensive oil and gas operations, it is one of the key importers of centrifugal pumps. The Canadian petroleum industry contributes significantly to the North American economy. Also, Canada has the world's third-largest oil reserves and the fourth-largest oil producer and exporter.
- Moreover, in October 2021, Imperial Oil Ltd. joined an Alberta lithium extraction pilot project, lending its energy expertise in the quest to recover the critical mineral from a once-prolific oil formation. It has invested USD 6.35 million in E3 Lithium Ltd. warrants, giving it access to plans to pump what the companies hope will be lithium-rich brine from the aquifer beneath the sprawling Leduc formation.
- Additionally, the demand in the country is also witnessing an increase due to the rising construction investments. For instance, according to Statistics Canada, the investment in building construction (including residential and non-residential sectors) increased by 1.9% to USD 18.4 billion in December 2021.
North America Centrifugal Pumps Industry Overview
The Centrifugal Pumps Market in North America is significantly competitive, with various companies offering their products in the region. Companies to launch new products and form strategic alliances with other manufacturers to expand their product portfolios and meet the increasing demands of the end-users. Companies including Flowserve Corporation, Xylem, Inc., Schlumberger Ltd, and ITT Inc, among others, are the key players in this market.
- April 2021- IDEX Corporation acquired Airtech Group Inc., US Valve Corporation, and related entities for a cash consideration of USD 470 million from investment funds managed by EagleTree Capital. Airtech produces and designs various engineered pressure technology, such as centrifugal pumps, regenerative blowers, compressor systems, and valves.
- February 2021- ABET Distributing USA, Inc., a significant industrial pump sales and service provider based in Houston, Texas, has announced the release of CRANE 3" X 3" SELF-PRIMING CENTRIFUGAL PUMPS REBUILT. Self-priming centrifugal pumps are unique in that they can prime themselves under suction lift conditions. They draw fluid up from below-ground tanks or pits, making them easier and safer to work on than those below ground.
North America Centrifugal Pumps Market Leaders
Iwaki America Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
North America Centrifugal Pumps Market News
- June 2021- Tapflo introduced the CTX, a brand-new premium series of high-performance centrifugal pumps distinguished by their robust design, superior operational reliability, and application flexibility. The series is adaptable to various applications and process conditions, allowing for greater flexibility and quick and easy upgrade options and allowing parts interchangeability between pump types and sizes, improving maintainability.
- December 2021- Thompson Pump, a full-service manufacturer, and supplier of high-quality dewatering and construction pumps, introduced the 4JSCM. This solids-handling end-suction centrifugal pump leads the industry in construction, industrial, and municipal applications. The Thompson 4JSCM is ideal for sewage bypass pumping or general construction dewatering because it is designed for moderate flows up to 1,350 gpm and heads up to 135 feet.
North America Centrifugal Pumps Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growing Demand From the Chemical, Food, and Beverage Industry
5.1.2 Rising Significance in Energy Efficiency
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Cavitation Problem in Centrifugal Pumps
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Flow Type
6.2 By Number of Stages
6.2.1 Single Stage
6.2.2 Multi Stage
6.3 By End-user Industries
6.3.1 Oil & Gas
6.3.3 Food & Beverage
6.3.4 Water & Wastewater
6.3.6 Power Generation
6.3.8 Metal & Mining
6.3.9 Other End-user Industries
6.4 By Country
6.4.1 United States
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Xylem, Inc.
7.1.2 Schlumberger Limited
7.1.3 Flowserve corporation
7.1.4 ITT Inc
7.1.5 Iwaki America Inc.
7.1.6 Magnatex Pumps, Inc.
7.1.7 Titan Manufacturing, Inc.
7.1.8 Hayward Flow Control
7.1.9 Finish Thompson Inc
7.1.10 Zoeller Company, Inc.
7.1.11 Premier Fluid Systems Inc.
7.1.12 John Blue Company
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
North America Centrifugal Pumps Market Research FAQs
What is the current NA Centrifugal Pumps Market size?
The NA Centrifugal Pumps Market is projected to register a CAGR of 5.10% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in NA Centrifugal Pumps Market?
Schlumberger Limited, Iwaki America Inc., Xylem, Inc., Flowserve Corporation and ITT Inc. are the major companies operating in the NA Centrifugal Pumps Market.
What years does this NA Centrifugal Pumps Market cover?
The report covers the NA Centrifugal Pumps Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the NA Centrifugal Pumps Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
NA Centrifugal Pumps Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 NA Centrifugal Pumps market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. NA Centrifugal Pumps analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.