The North America acoustic sensors market is projected to reach USD 2.13 billion by 2018 at a CAGR of 14.54% over the period 2014-2020. Technological advancements, low manufacturing cost, and wireless and passive nature of the products are the major drivers for the lucrative growth of the acoustic wave sensors.
The growth of telecommunications market is another key factor contributing to the growth of the market. However, low mass sensitivity and conventional applications use other sensors instead of SAW sensors hindering the growth of the market. Growing demand for reliable, low cost and high performance sensors lead to the development of latest technologies like microtechnology and nanotechnology, offering miniaturization and mass production opportunities. The temperature, pressure, torque, and viscosity sensors are most widely used, but there will be a healthy growth of other sensors that measure mass and humidity in the future.
The acoustic sensors market is segmented on the basis of type, sensing parameters, end user industry, and geography. North America accounted for 35% market share of global market and is projected to lead the acoustic sensors market during the forecast period. The largest application segment for acoustic wave sensors is the industrial segment, followed by the automotive segment with a growing number of applications of these sensors in TPMS, emission control, and torque measurement. The emerging segment for acoustic wave sensors is the healthcare industry, where there is an enormous need for wireless sensors.
This report describes a detailed study of the Porter’s five forces analysis, market segments, and current market trends. All the five major factors in these markets have been quantified using the internal key parameters governing each of them. It also covers the market landscape of these players which includes the key growth strategies and competition analysis.
The report also considers key trends that will impact the industry. Some of the key players mentioned in the report are
- CTS Corporation
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Teledyne Microwave Solutions
- Boston Piezo-optics Inc.
What the report offers
- Market definition for the North America acoustic sensors market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the North America acoustic sensors market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the North America acoustic sensors market on a regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key findings of the study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growth of Telecommunications market
4.2.2 Low Manufacturing costs
4.2.3 Technological Advancements
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Use of alternatives like SAW sensors
4.4 Opportunities in the Acoustic sensors market
4.5 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces
4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute products or services
4.6.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing competitors
5. North America Acoustic Sensors Market - Segmented by Type
6. North America Acoustic Sensors Market - Segmented by Wave Type
6.1 Surface Wave
6.2 Bulk Wave
7. North America Acoustic Sensors Market - Segmented by Sensing Parameter
7.7 Chemical Vapor
8. North America Acoustic Sensors Market - Segmented by Application
8.2 Aerospace and Defence
8.3 Consumer Electronics
9. North America Acoustic Sensors Market - Segmented by Region
10. Company Profiles
10.1 API Technologies Corp.
10.2 ASR&D Corporation
10.3 Boston Piezo-optics Inc.
10.5 CTS Corporation
10.6 ECS Inc. International
10.8 Epson Toyocom
10.9 Honeywell International Inc.
10.11 Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
10.12 Panasonic Corp.
10.13 Phonon Corporation
10.15 Raltron Electronics Corporation
10.17 Shoulder Electronics Ltd.
10.18 Teledyne Microwave Solutions
10.19 Triquint Semiconductor, Inc.
10.20 Vectron International
11. Investment Analysis
11.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
11.2 Investment Opportunities
12. Future of Acoustic Sensors Market