|Study Period:||2015 - 2026|
|Largest Share by Vehicle Type:||Passenger Vehicles|
|Fastest Growing by Vehicle Type:||Motorcycles|
The Mexico Automotive Lubricants Market is at 406.70 million liters in 2021 and is projected to register a CAGR of 3.15% to reach 474.83 million liters in 2026. During 2020, the passenger vehicle lubricant consumption dropped by over 15%, owing to the COVID-19 pandemic, which has caused a considerable decline in the maintenance requirements of the existing passenger vehicle fleet of the country.
- Largest Segment by Vehicle Type - Passenger Vehicles : The highest proportion of passenger vehicles in the total vehicle population in Mexico is attributed to the highest lubricant consumption in the passenger vehicle segment.
- Fastest Segment by Vehicle Type - Motorcycles : The growing demand for off-road and premium motorcycles for recreational purposes post COVID-19 may boost the demand for motorcycle lubricants during the forecast period.
- Largest Segment by Product Type - Engine Oils : Engine oil is the leading product type due to its high volume requirements and low drain interval, as it is used for high-temperature and high-pressure applications.
- Fastest Segment by Product Type - Transmission Oils : The expected recovery of automotive sales in the country and the increasing usage of existing vehicle fleet may drive the demand for engine oils during the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
|By Vehicle Type|
|By Product Type|
Key Market Trends
Largest Segment By Vehicle Type : Passenger Vehicles
- In Mexico, passenger vehicles formed the leading vehicle type, in terms of total lubricant volume consumed during 2015-2020. Passenger vehicles accounted for around 53.79% of the total lubricant volume consumption during this period. In Mexico, in terms of the vehicle population, the number of passenger vehicles is way higher than commercial vehicles. This was the key reason for passenger vehicles to lead the lubricant consumption.Saved
- During the forecast period, the passenger vehicle segment is likely to be the fastest-growing vehicle segment, and it is projected to witness a CAGR of 3.78%.
- The United States–Mexico–Canada Agreement (USMCA) has supported the development of new vehicle models during the pandemic. This factor is likely to boost the production and sales of passenger vehicles and, thereby, increase their lubricant consumption in Mexico during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Mexico Automotive Lubricants Market is moderately consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 63.74%. The major players in this market are Bardahl, BP PLC (Castrol), ExxonMobil Corporation, Roshfrans and Royal Dutch Shell Plc (sorted alphabetically).
- June 2021: TotalEnergies and Stellantis group renewed their partnership for cooperation across different segments. Along with the renewal of partnerships with Peugeot, Citroën, and DS Automobiles, the new collaboration extends to Opel, and Vauxhall as well. This partnership includes the development and innovation of lubricants, first-fill in Stellantis group vehicles, recommendation of Quartz lubricants, and shared usage of charging stations operated by TotalEnergies, among others.
- April 2021: Motul launched two engine oils, namely CLASSIC EIGHTIES 10W-40 and CLASSIC NINETIES 10W-30, for classic cars manufactured between the 1970s and 2000s.
- March 2021: Castrol announced the launch of Castrol ON (a Castrol e-fluid range that includes e-gear oils, e-coolants, and e-greases) to its product portfolio. This range is specially designed for electric vehicles.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 Automotive Industry Trends
3.1.1 Overall Vehicles
3.1.2 Commercial Vehicles
3.1.4 Passenger Vehicles
3.2 Regulatory Framework
3.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Vehicle Type
4.1.1 Commercial Vehicles
4.1.3 Passenger Vehicles
4.2 By Product Type
4.2.1 Engine Oils
4.2.3 Hydraulic Fluids
4.2.4 Transmission Oils
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.2 BP PLC (Castrol)
5.3.3 ExxonMobil Corporation
5.3.4 Mexicana de Lubricantes S.A. de C.V.
5.3.8 Royal Dutch Shell Plc
5.3.10 Valvoline Inc.
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Lubricants CEOs
List of Tables & Figures
VEHICLE POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, MEXICO, 2015 - 2026
COMMERCIAL VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, MEXICO, 2015 - 2026
MOTORCYCLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, MEXICO, 2015 - 2026
PASSENGER VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, MEXICO, 2015 - 2026
MEXICO AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2015-2026
MEXICO AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
MEXICO AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, 2015-2026
MEXICO AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
MEXICO AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, MOTORCYCLES, 2015-2026
MEXICO AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOTORCYCLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
MEXICO AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, 2015-2026
MEXICO AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, PASSENGER VEHICLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
MEXICO AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2015-2026
MEXICO AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
MEXICO AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, ENGINE OILS, 2015-2026
MEXICO AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, ENGINE OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
MEXICO AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, GREASES, 2015-2026
MEXICO AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, GREASES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
MEXICO AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, 2015-2026
MEXICO AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
MEXICO AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, TRANSMISSION OILS, 2015-2026
MEXICO AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, TRANSMISSION OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
MEXICO AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ACTIVE COMPANIES, BY NUMBER OF STRATEGIC MOVES, 2018 - 2021
MEXICO AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ADOPTED STRATEGIES, 2018 - 2021
MEXICO AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET SHARE(%), BY MAJOR PLAYERS, 2019
- Vehicle Types - Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles and Motorcycles are the vehicle types considered under the automotive lubricants market.
- Product Types - For the purpose of this study, lubricant products such as engine oils, transmission oils, greases and hydraulic fluids are taken into consideration.
- Service Refill - Service refill is the primary factor considered while accounting the lubricant consumption for each of the vehicle segments, under the study.
- Factory Fill - First lubricant fill-ups for newly produced vehicles are considered.
Mordor Intelligence follows a four-step methodology in all our reports.
- Step-1: Identify Key Variables: The quantifiable key variables (industry and extraneous) pertaining to the specific product segment and country are selected from a group of relevant variables & factors based on desk research & literature review; along with primary expert inputs. These variables are further confirmed through regression modeling (wherever required).
- Step-2: Build a Market Model: In order to build a robust forecasting methodology, the variables and factors identified in Step-1 are tested against available historical market numbers. Through an iterative process, the variables required for market forecast are set and the model is built on the basis of these variables.
- Step-3: Validate and Finalize: In this important step, all market numbers, variables and analyst calls are validated through an extensive network of primary research experts from the market studied. The respondents are selected across levels and functions to generate a holistic picture of the market studied.
- Step-4: Research Outputs: Syndicated Reports, Custom Consulting Assignments, Databases & Subscription Platforms