Europe New Drug Delivery Systems Market
The European NDDS market is estimated to hit USD 46.78 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.15% during the forecast period 2016-2021
The European market for NDDS is the second largest in the world, accounting for close to 30 % of the global market share. The requirements for innovative drug delivery have led to the need for controlling the pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, non-specific toxicity, immunogenicity, biorecognition, and efficacy of drugs, in turn leading to the birth of drug delivery systems.
Unprecedented developments in genomics and molecular biology today offer a plethora of new drug targets. The method by which a drug is delivered to these targets can have a significant impact on its efficacy. The industries have diverted their research focus from the conventional dosage forms to novel drug delivery technologies that have significantly improved market requirements. In the recent years, the pharmaceutical companies have been struggling to maintain a balance between the pressure to drop prices and the high innovation costs. It is always advantageous for companies to develop their own innovative delivery devices to maintain a lead in the market.
Europe’s NDDS market has been segmented by the mode of delivery and region. By the mode of delivery, the market has been segmented into oral, pulmonary, transdermal and injectable drug delivery systems. These are further segmented by their modes of administration. By region, the market has been segmented into the UK, Germany, France, Switzerland, Spain and the Rest of Europe.
Some of the key players in the market are:
- Innocore Pharmaceuticals
- Medgenesis Therapeutix
- Merck & Co.
- Merrion Pharmaceuticals
What the Report Offers
- Market definition for the European NDDS market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the European NDDS market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the European NDDS market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of the key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
2. Market Definition
3. Market Drivers
4. Market Restraints
5. New drug delivery systems
5.2 Market segmentation by mode of delivery
5.2.1 Oral Delivery Devices
188.8.131.52 Segmentation based on mode of action
1. Dissolution controlled release systems
2. Diffusion controlled release systems
3. Dissolution and diffusion controlled release systems
4. Osmotic pressure controlled systems
5. PH-Independent formulations
6. Ion-exchange resin-drug complexes
7. Slow dissolving salts and complexes
8. Hydrodynamic pressure controlled system
5.2.2 Pulmonary Drug Delivery Devices
184.108.40.206 Segmentation By mode of administration
1. Inhalation drug delivery system by metered dose inhalers
2. Inhalation drug delivery system by dry powder inhalers
3. Inhalation drug delivery system by nebulizer
5.2.3 Transdermal Drug delivery systems
220.127.116.11 Segmentation by mode of administration
3. Application by ultrasound
4. Use of microscopic projection
18.104.22.168 Types of Transdermal patches
1. Single layer drug in adhesive
2. Multilayer drug in adhesive
5. Vapour patch
5.2.4 Injectable Drug Delivery system
22.214.171.124 Segmentation by mode of administration
1. Subcutaneous injection
2. Intramuscular injection
3. Intravenous injection
4. Intradermal injection
5. Intraperitoneal injection
6. Upcoming Delivery Technologies
5. Micro and Nano Emulsions
6. Vesicular systems
7. Global NDDS Market
7.2 Regional Market analysis (Market size, forecasts and CAGR)
7.2.1 Europe NDDS Market (Market Size, Forecasts, and CAGR)
vi. Rest of Europe
8. Regulatory aspects of NDDS
9. Future of NDDS Market in North America
10. Key Market players
Merck & Co.
List of Tables
List of Figures