Europe Biomedical Sensors Industry Overview
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Europe Biomedical Sensors Market Analysis
- The near future will bring biomedical sensors that are adaptable to the genetic formulation of each individual. These sensors can be set to trigger alerts when unpredictable readings are enlisted, screen the existence of toxic agents in the blood, or empower drugs directly into the circulatory system. These Sensors are set to find their demand in the healthcare industry.
- Biomedical Sensors are driven by the increased demand in hazardous environments, utilization in situations resulting from natural disasters, increased demand in the healthcare sector for diabetic and heart patients, and embedded monitoring of the patients.
- The advancement in technology has made it possible to build a Biomedical Sensor using Nano and Microtechnology, making it tiny, robust, smart, and cost-effective. The early detection of irregularities in the health status of the patients will contribute to a better quality of life.
- Even though Biomedical Sensors are playing a major role in a life-saving situation, it is facing certain challenges such as patient safety and comfort due to strong electromagnetic fields, transferring energy from external to internal parts with high efficiency and high data rates, limited computation and data storage, and ultra-low power consumption.
- France is the highest contributor to the Biomedical Sensors market in the European region, followed by UK and Germany, whereas the UK is showing the highest growth rate in this region.
Europe Biomedical Sensors Industry Segments
The Europe Biomedical Sensors Market is segmented on the basis of Type (Temperature, Accelerometer, Pressure, Chemical, image, inertial, motion, and Biochemical), Application (Pharmaceutical, Healthcare).
Europe Biomedical Sensors Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Europe Biomedical Sensors Market according to our research experts:
Automotive Industry to Show Significant Growth
- The automotive sector accounted for the largest market share by application type, owing to several applications of pressure sensors in automobiles and the automotive industry. The appropriate automotive pressure sensor can deliver cost-effective reliability and long operational life, whether the application is in the engine, tire, or passenger compartment.
- Many European countries such as Germany, Sweden are increasing their automotive safety standards. As a result, Europe is estimated to be the fastest-growing market for pressure sensors for automotive breaking applications over the forecast period.
- In recent times, exclusive off-road and cross-country cars are installing innovative tire pressure control systems. For example, the Mercedes G63 AMG 6X6 enables the driver to vary the tire pressure of both the front and rear axles separately.
- Over the forecast period, increasing predictive maintenance capabilities provided in high-end cars are expected to create considerable demand for pressure sensors in HVAC applications.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Germany to Hold the Highest Market Share
- Growing government programs promoting research and innovation is also helping advancement in the pressure sensor market to develop in the region. For instance, the German government increased the number of research companies to 20,000 and innovative companies to 140,000 by the year 2020.
- Germany is the world's largest producer of lignite. The power generation industry is also evolving rapidly in Europe. As the pressure sensor implies substantial benefits in power plants, hence the demand for a pressure sensor in Europe's power generation industry is expected to be boosted significantly.
- Owing to the prominence of manufacturing in the country, the scope of automation is significant, and with it, enterprises are increasingly adopting robotic solutions to automate processes. According to IFR, in 2020, Germany was the fifth-largest robot market in the world and number one in Europe. Compared to the previous year, the country's robot shipment increased by 8.78% in 2020 and stood at 22300 units, mainly driven by the demand from the automotive industry. Such developments in the country are expected to drive further the demand for pressure sensors to operate both indoor and outdoor robotics installations.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Europe Biomedical Sensors Market Competitor Analysis
The Europe biomedical sensors market is highly competitive and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. These major players with a prominent share in the market are focusing on expanding their customer base across foreign countries. Rising disposable income, rising awareness about devices with sensors, and a growing customer base across the world have led to vast growth opportunities for players in this market. These players are leveraging on strategic collaborative initiatives to increase their market share and increase their profitability.
- July 2020 - Sensirion announced that TDK used its humidity and temperature sensor SHTC3 in its smart multi-sensor wireless module SmartBug. The module is designed for several IoT (Internet of Things) applications and enables quick and easy access to smart and reliable sensor data. TDK’s SmartBug is a multi-sensor wireless module that leverages TDK’s MEMS sensors and algorithms for a wide range of IoT applications.
Europe Biomedical Sensors Market Top Players
LumaSense Technologies Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Europe Biomedical Sensors Market Recent Developments
- October 2021 - Superior Sensor Technology has introduced a new dual low-pressure sensor product series for continuous PAP (CPAP), bi-level PAP (BiPAP), and automatic PAP (APAP) products used for sleep apnoea and other breathing sleep disorders.
- January 2021 - Switzerland-based Sensirion announced that the company, LivingPackets, utilized Sensirion’s humidity and temperature sensors in its sustainable packaging solutions. Using the solution called THE BOX, packaging waste is expected to be reduced by over 100 billion deliveries annually. THE BOX consists of highly resistant materials. It can be recycled without a specific limit and can survive almost 1,000 transport trips before reprocessing.
Europe Biomedical Sensors Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. Research Methodology and Key Findings
3. Market Overview and Dynamics
4. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.1 Bargaining power of Suppliers
4.2 Bargaining power of Buyers
4.3 Degree of Competition
4.4 Threat of Substitution
4.5 Threat of new entrants
5. Market Segmentation
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Zephyr Technology Corp
6.1.2 Entra Helath Systems
6.1.3 FISO Technolgies Inc.
6.1.4 LumaSense Technologies
6.1.6 Opsens, Inc.
6.1.7 RJC Enterprises LLC
6.1.8 Infraredx, Inc.
6.1.9 ISS, Inc.
6.1.13 Nonin Medical Inc.
6.1.14 Hansen Medical
6.1.15 Measurand Inc.
7. Investment Analysis
8. Future of Biomedical sensors Market
Europe Biomedical Sensors Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Europe Biomedical Sensors Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Europe Biomedical Sensors Market?
The Europe Biomedical Sensors Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.19% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Europe Biomedical Sensors Market?
Zephyr Technologies, LumaSense Technologies Inc., Neoptix, Opsens , Maquet are the major companies operating in Europe Biomedical Sensors Market.
Europe Biomedical Sensors Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Europe Biomedical Sensors sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Europe Biomedical Sensors research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Europe Biomedical Sensors report PDF.