In the European region, beer is considered as the most cherished alcoholic drink. Europe is the second largest consumer of beer, after Asia-Pacific. It accounts for 27% share of the total beer consumption, globally. The Europe beer market is expected to be USD 145.81 billion during 2018, and is expected to reach USD 203.83 billion by 2023, at a 4.3% CAGR during the forecast period of 2018-2023.
Changing lifestyles and consumption habits of alcoholic drinks, high disposable incomes, and popularity of beer among the younger generation are the major market drivers for the Europe beer market. However, easy availability of other substitutes of beer is the biggest challenge for the overall market growth. Innovative products, such as flavored and crafted beer, and the growing demand for imported beer are some of the opportunities in the market.
The Europe beer market is segmented by product type, category, packaging, and geography. Regarding product type, beer can be classified as light and strong beer. By category, it is segmented into premium beer, super premium, and standard beer. By packaging, canned, bottled, and drought beer are the major categories.
Russia is the largest consumer of beer in Europe, followed by Germany, the United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, Poland, and France. Beer is majorly consumed in the region when compared to other alcoholic drinks. Currently, France is the fastest-growing market for beer consumption. Eastern Europe encompasses huge growth opportunities for the beer market.
- February 2018 - Carlsberg Group acquired the remaining 49% of the shares in the second biggest Greek brewery, Olympic, following the 2014 merger through which Carlsberg gained 51%
- December 2017 - AB InBev announced to increase its stake in Cervecería Nacional Dominicana (CND), the leading beer producer in the Dominican Republic, to 85%. The company paid USD 926.5 million to its partner E. León Jimenes for a 30% stake, which will add to the existing 55%
- March 2016 - Budweiser Budvar launched an interesting novelty in the market. The brewery now offers a specialty belonging among local and fresh food to consumers. The new product marketed under the name of JUST DRAWN LAGER in 0.5-litre bottles
Major Players - Asahi Group Holdings Ltd., Anheuser-Busch InBev, Bitburger Brewery, Budweiser Budvar Brewery, Breckenridge Brewery, Carlsberg Group, Cesu Alus, Diageo Plc, Erdinger, Forst, Heineken N.V., Oakleaf Brewery, Pivovarna Lasko, Radeberger, SABMiller Plc, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you to get a report that suits your needs
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Report Description
2. Market Insights
2.1 Market Overview
2.2 Market Trends
3. Market Dynamics
3.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Style
4.1.3 Other Styles
4.2 By Product Type
4.2.1 Regular Beer
4.2.2 Light Beer
4.2.3 Strong Beer
4.3 By Category
4.3.1 Standard Beer
4.3.2 Premium Beer
4.3.3 Super Premium beer
4.4 By Distribution Channel
4.4.2 Off Trade
5. Regional Analysis
5.1.7 Rest of Europe
6. Competetive Landscape
6.1 Strategy Adopted by Key Players
6.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profile
7.1 Asahi Group Holdings Ltd
7.2 Boston Beer Company
7.3 Carlsberg Group
7.4 Oettinger Brewery
7.5 Heineken NV
7.6 Kirin Holdings Co. Ltd
7.7 New Belgium Brewing Company Inc.
7.8 Anheuser-Busch (AB InBev)
7.9 Radeberger Brewery
7.10 Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
7.11 Stone and Wood Brewing Co.
7.12 Lasco Brewery
7.13 Erdinger Brewery