|Study Period:||2015 - 2026|
|Largest Share by Product Type:||Engine Oils|
|Fastest Growing by Product Type:||Transmission Oils|
The Canada Passenger Vehicles Lubricants Market is at 147.02 million liters in 2021 and is projected to register a CAGR of 2.96% to reach 170.13 million liters in 2026. Post the COVID-19 outbreak, there has been a major decline in the usage of personal vehicles for commuting. Moreover, maintenance activities of passenger vehicles have significantly declined.
- Largest Segment by Product Type - Engine Oils : Engine oil is the leading product type due to its high volume requirements and short drain intervals. Also, it is used in high-temperature and high-pressure applications.
- Fastest Segment by Product Type - Transmission Oils : The growth in passenger vehicle sales in the country, post the economic recovery from the COVID-19 impact, is likely to drive the demand for hydraulic fluids during 2021-2026.
Scope of the Report
|By Product Type|
Key Market Trends
Largest Segment By Product Type : Engine Oils
- The passenger vehicle lubricant consumption in Canada increased during 2015-2018. However, the Y-o-Y growth rates during this period were fluctuating, owing to the changing passenger vehicle production outputs. The consumption dropped by around 2.17% during 2018-2019, caused by the increased penetration of synthetic lubricants with longer drain intervals. Additionally, there was an estimated decline of 2.54% in the average annual mileage of passenger vehicles in the country during this period.
- Post the COVID-19 outbreak, there has been a major decline in the usage of personal vehicles for commuting. Moreover, maintenance activities of passenger vehicles have significantly declined.
- With the lockdown measures being slowly eased, there has been a surge in the usage of personal vehicles, which may drive the recovery of passenger vehicle lubricant consumption.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Canada Passenger Vehicles Lubricants Market is fairly consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 95.51%. The major players in this market are BP PLC (Castrol), Exxon Mobil Corporation, HollyFrontier (Petro‑Canada lubricants), Royal Dutch Shell and Valvoline Inc. (sorted alphabetically).
- June 2021: TotalEnergies and Stellantis group renewed their partnership for cooperation across different segments. Along with the renewal of partnerhips with Peugeot, Citroën, and DS Automobiles, the new collaboration extends to Opel, and Vauxhall as well. This partnership includes the development and innovation of lubricants, first-fill in Stellantis group vehicles, recommendation of Quartz lubricants, and shared usage of charging stations operated by TotalEnergies, among others.
- February 2021: Phillips 66 Lubricants upgraded its full line of passenger car motor oils (PCMO). These oils help handle the low-speed pre-ignition (LSPI) issue that motor mechanics distinguish as an expanded danger for present-day motors.
- December 2020: AMSOIL launched its 100% synthetic diesel oil for smaller engines. The oil provides industry-driving protection and execution, with up to 6 times more wear assurance vis-a-vis industry standards.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 Automotive Industry Trends
3.1.1 Passenger Vehicles
3.2 Regulatory Framework
3.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.1.1 Engine Oils
4.1.3 Hydraulic Fluids
4.1.4 Transmission Oils
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.1 Boss Lubricants
5.3.2 BP PLC (Castrol)
5.3.3 Chevron Corporation
5.3.4 Exxon Mobil Corporation
5.3.6 HollyFrontier (Petro‑Canada lubricants)
5.3.7 Phillips 66 Lubricants
5.3.8 Royal Dutch Shell
5.3.10 Valvoline Inc.
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Lubricants CEOs
List of Tables & Figures
PASSENGER VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, CANADA, 2015 - 2026
CANADA PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2015-2026
CANADA PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
CANADA PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, ENGINE OILS, 2015-2026
CANADA PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, ENGINE OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
CANADA PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, GREASES, 2015-2026
CANADA PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, GREASES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
CANADA PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, 2015-2026
CANADA PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
CANADA PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, TRANSMISSION OILS, 2015-2026
CANADA PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, TRANSMISSION OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
CANADA PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ACTIVE COMPANIES, BY NUMBER OF STRATEGIC MOVES, 2018 - 2021
CANADA PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ADOPTED STRATEGIES, 2018 - 2021
CANADA PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET SHARE(%), BY MAJOR PLAYERS, 2019
- Vehicle Types - Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles and Motorcycles are the vehicle types considered under the automotive lubricants market.
- Product Types - For the purpose of this study, lubricant products such as engine oils, transmission oils, greases and hydraulic fluids are taken into consideration.
- Service Refill - Service refill is the primary factor considered while accounting the lubricant consumption for each of the vehicle segments, under the study.
- Factory Fill - First lubricant fill-ups for newly produced vehicles are considered.
Mordor Intelligence follows a four-step methodology in all our reports.
- Step-1: Identify Key Variables: The quantifiable key variables (industry and extraneous) pertaining to the specific product segment and country are selected from a group of relevant variables & factors based on desk research & literature review; along with primary expert inputs. These variables are further confirmed through regression modeling (wherever required).
- Step-2: Build a Market Model: In order to build a robust forecasting methodology, the variables and factors identified in Step-1 are tested against available historical market numbers. Through an iterative process, the variables required for market forecast are set and the model is built on the basis of these variables.
- Step-3: Validate and Finalize: In this important step, all market numbers, variables and analyst calls are validated through an extensive network of primary research experts from the market studied. The respondents are selected across levels and functions to generate a holistic picture of the market studied.
- Step-4: Research Outputs: Syndicated Reports, Custom Consulting Assignments, Databases & Subscription Platforms