|Study Period:||2015 - 2026|
|Largest Share by Product Type:||Engine Oils|
|Fastest Growing by Product Type:||Hydraulic Fluids|
The Canada Commercial Vehicles Lubricants Market is at 260.15 million liters in 2021 and is projected to register a CAGR of 1.85% to reach 285.09 million liters in 2026. The COVID-19 pandemic resulted in a major decline of oil change requirements for commercial vehicles in the country and acted as a major restraint for the market.
- Largest Segment by Product Type - Engine Oils : Engine oils form the leading product type, owing to their high volume requirements and low drain intervals. They are used in high-temperature and high-pressure applications.
- Fastest Segment by Product Type - Hydraulic Fluids : Increased trade activities and recovery of commercial vehicle sales in the country are likely to drive the demand for hydraulic fluids during the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
|By Product Type|
Key Market Trends
Largest Segment By Product Type : Engine Oils
- The cold weather conditions in Canada boost the need for synthetic diesel engine oils, such as 0W-40, which has led to an increase in drain intervals. This factor, combined with significant fluctuations in the production levels, resulted in a volatile trend pertaining to lubricant consumption during this period.
- Post the COVID-19 outbreak, freight transportation in the country has been negatively affected, owing to the social restrictions imposed during the first half of 2020, resulting in decreased maintenance requirements for commercial vehicles and declining lubricant consumption in this sector.
- The electric vehicle penetration in the commercial vehicles segment has been slow in Canada, as electric engines struggle to hold their charge in cold weather conditions, resulting in a minimal effect of electric vehicle penetration on the projected lubricant volume consumption.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Canada Commercial Vehicles Lubricants Market is fairly consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 76.14%. The major players in this market are BP PLC (Castrol), Exxon Mobil Corporation, HollyFrontier (Petro‑Canada lubricants), Phillips 66 Lubricants and Royal Dutch Shell (sorted alphabetically).
- February 2021: The company launched new Engine Oils for older cars (classic), which meet the specific additive requirements of classic vehicles for handling engine tolerance and keeping high-mileage vehicles running perfectly.
- September 2020: Phillips 66 launched a new product, Triton Euro 10W-40, in 2020. It finds applications in on- and off-highway diesel equipment, trucks, and buses.
- October 2018: Phillips 66 and Kendall added the most advanced diesel Engine Oils (FA-4 Phillips 66 Triton FE 5W-30 and Kendall SHP FE Diesel Engine Oils) to their product portfolios. These advanced oils may offer extra advantages to diesel trucks by expanding fuel savings without forfeiting engine protection.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 Automotive Industry Trends
3.1.1 Commercial Vehicles
3.2 Regulatory Framework
3.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.1.1 Engine Oils
4.1.3 Hydraulic Fluids
4.1.4 Transmission Oils
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.1 Boss Lubricants
5.3.2 BP PLC (Castrol)
5.3.3 Chevron Corporation
5.3.4 Exxon Mobil Corporation
5.3.6 HollyFrontier (Petro‑Canada lubricants)
5.3.7 Phillips 66 Lubricants
5.3.8 Royal Dutch Shell
5.3.10 Valvoline Inc.
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Lubricants CEOs
List of Tables & Figures
COMMERCIAL VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, CANADA, 2015 - 2026
CANADA COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2015-2026
CANADA COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
CANADA COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, ENGINE OILS, 2015-2026
CANADA COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, ENGINE OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
CANADA COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, GREASES, 2015-2026
CANADA COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, GREASES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
CANADA COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, 2015-2026
CANADA COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
CANADA COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, TRANSMISSION OILS, 2015-2026
CANADA COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, TRANSMISSION OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
CANADA COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ACTIVE COMPANIES, BY NUMBER OF STRATEGIC MOVES, 2018 - 2021
CANADA COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ADOPTED STRATEGIES, 2018 - 2021
CANADA COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET SHARE(%), BY MAJOR PLAYERS, 2019
- Vehicle Types - Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles and Motorcycles are the vehicle types considered under the automotive lubricants market.
- Product Types - For the purpose of this study, lubricant products such as engine oils, transmission oils, greases and hydraulic fluids are taken into consideration.
- Service Refill - Service refill is the primary factor considered while accounting the lubricant consumption for each of the vehicle segments, under the study.
- Factory Fill - First lubricant fill-ups for newly produced vehicles are considered.
Mordor Intelligence follows a four-step methodology in all our reports.
- Step-1: Identify Key Variables: The quantifiable key variables (industry and extraneous) pertaining to the specific product segment and country are selected from a group of relevant variables & factors based on desk research & literature review; along with primary expert inputs. These variables are further confirmed through regression modeling (wherever required).
- Step-2: Build a Market Model: In order to build a robust forecasting methodology, the variables and factors identified in Step-1 are tested against available historical market numbers. Through an iterative process, the variables required for market forecast are set and the model is built on the basis of these variables.
- Step-3: Validate and Finalize: In this important step, all market numbers, variables and analyst calls are validated through an extensive network of primary research experts from the market studied. The respondents are selected across levels and functions to generate a holistic picture of the market studied.
- Step-4: Research Outputs: Syndicated Reports, Custom Consulting Assignments, Databases & Subscription Platforms