|Study Period:||2016- 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Commercial Vehicles|
|Largest Market:||Passenger Vehicles|
The Canada Automotive Lubricants Market is at 407.85 million liters in 2021 and is projected to register a CAGR of 2.26% to reach 455.98 million liters in 2026. The outbreak of COVID-19 has caused major production disruptions and negatively affected customers' purchasing power in Canada. As per the data published by Statistics Canada and the Motorcycle & Moped Industry Council, automotive sales in the country witnessed a decline by 19.88% during 2019-2020.
- Largest Segment by Vehicle Type - Commercial Vehicles : High vehicle population of Class 7-8 trucks with diesel engines that have high lubricant consumption capacities has resulted in the high market share of commercial vehicles
- Fastest Segment by Vehicle Type - Passenger Vehicles : As the social distancing measures are being slowly eased in the country the usage of Passenger Vehicles is likely to increase and thereby boost their lubricant consumption
- Largest Segment by Product Type - Engine Oils : Engine oil is the leading product type owing to its high volume requirements and low drain interval, as it is used for high temperature and high-pressure applications.
- Fastest Segment by Product Type - Hydraulic Fluids : The expected recovery of automotive sales in the country and the increasing usage of the existing vehicle fleet may drive the demand for hydraulic fluids in the future.
Scope of the Report
The scope of the report is:
|By Vehicle Type|
|By Product Type|
Key Market Trends
Largest Segment By Vehicle Type : Commercial Vehicles
- In Canada, commercial vehicles were the leading vehicle type, in terms of total lubricant volume consumed during 2015-2020. Commercial vehicles accounted for around 63.1% of the total lubricant volume consumption during this period. The high usage of class 7 and class 8 trucks with diesel engines that have high lubricant consumption requirements was the key reason for the commercial vehicle type to lead in lubricant consumption.
- During the forecast period, the passenger vehicle segment is likely to be the fastest-growing vehicle segment, and it is projected to record a CAGR of 2.96%. The growing passenger vehicle sales in 2021 due to the pent-up demand during 2020 and the expected production capacity additions by major brands, like Ford, GM, and FCA, are likely to be the key driving factors for the growth of lubricant consumption in the passenger vehicle segment.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Canada Automotive Lubricants Market is fairly consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 82.33%. The major players in this market are BP PLC (Castrol), Exxon Mobil Corporation, HollyFrontier (Petro‐Canada Lubricants Inc.), Royal Dutch Shell Plc, and Valvoline Inc., among others.
- June 2021: TotalEnergies and Stellantis group renewed their partnership for cooperation across different segments. Along with the renewal of partnerhips with Peugeot, Citroën, and DS Automobiles, the new collaboration extends to Opel, and Vauxhall as well. This partnership includes the development and innovation of lubricants, first-fill in Stellantis group vehicles, recommendation of Quartz lubricants, and shared usage of charging stations operated by TotalEnergies, among others.
- February 2021: The company launched new Engine Oils for older cars (classic), which meet the specific additive requirements of classic vehicles for handling engine tolerance and keeping high-mileage vehicles running perfectly.
- February 2021: Phillips 66 Lubricants upgraded its full line of passenger car motor oils (PCMO). These oils help handle the low-speed pre-ignition (LSPI) issue that motor mechanics distinguish as an expanded danger for present-day motors.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 Automotive Industry Trends
3.1.1 Overall Vehicles
3.1.2 Commercial Vehicles
3.1.4 Passenger Vehicles
3.2 Regulatory Framework
3.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Vehicle Type
4.1.1 Commercial Vehicles
4.1.3 Passenger Vehicles
4.2 By Product Type
4.2.1 Engine Oils
4.2.3 Hydraulic Fluids
4.2.4 Transmission Oils
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.1 Boss Lubricants
5.3.2 BP PLC (Castrol)
5.3.3 Chevron Corporation
5.3.4 Exxon Mobil Corporation
5.3.6 HollyFrontier (Petro‑Canada lubricants)
5.3.7 Phillips 66 Lubricants
5.3.8 Royal Dutch Shell
5.3.10 Valvoline Inc.
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Lubricants CEOs
List of Tables & Figures
VEHICLE POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, CANADA, 2015 - 2026
COMMERCIAL VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, CANADA, 2015 - 2026
MOTORCYCLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, CANADA, 2015 - 2026
PASSENGER VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, CANADA, 2015 - 2026
CANADA AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2015-2026
CANADA AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
CANADA AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, 2015-2026
CANADA AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
CANADA AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, MOTORCYCLES, 2015-2026
CANADA AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOTORCYCLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
CANADA AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, 2015-2026
CANADA AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, PASSENGER VEHICLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
CANADA AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2015-2026
CANADA AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
CANADA AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, ENGINE OILS, 2015-2026
CANADA AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, ENGINE OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
CANADA AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, GREASES, 2015-2026
CANADA AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, GREASES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
CANADA AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, 2015-2026
CANADA AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
CANADA AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, TRANSMISSION OILS, 2015-2026
CANADA AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, TRANSMISSION OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
CANADA AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ACTIVE COMPANIES, BY NUMBER OF STRATEGIC MOVES, 2018 - 2021
CANADA AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ADOPTED STRATEGIES, 2018 - 2021
CANADA AUTOMOTIVE LUBRICANTS MARKET SHARE(%), BY MAJOR PLAYERS, 2019
- Vehicle Types - Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles and Motorcycles are the vehicle types considered under the automotive lubricants market.
- Product Types - For the purpose of this study, lubricant products such as engine oils, transmission oils, greases and hydraulic fluids are taken into consideration.
- Service Refill - Service refill is the primary factor considered while accounting the lubricant consumption for each of the vehicle segments, under the study.
- Factory Fill - First lubricant fill-ups for newly produced vehicles are considered.
Mordor Intelligence follows a four-step methodology in all our reports.
- Step-1: Identify Key Variables: The quantifiable key variables (industry and extraneous) pertaining to the specific product segment and country are selected from a group of relevant variables & factors based on desk research & literature review; along with primary expert inputs. These variables are further confirmed through regression modeling (wherever required).
- Step-2: Build a Market Model: In order to build a robust forecasting methodology, the variables and factors identified in Step-1 are tested against available historical market numbers. Through an iterative process, the variables required for market forecast are set and the model is built on the basis of these variables.
- Step-3: Validate and Finalize: In this important step, all market numbers, variables and analyst calls are validated through an extensive network of primary research experts from the market studied. The respondents are selected across levels and functions to generate a holistic picture of the market studied.
- Step-4: Research Outputs: Syndicated Reports, Custom Consulting Assignments, Databases & Subscription Platforms