Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Asia-Pacific positive displacement pump market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.67% during the forecast period, 2022-2027. The rising demand for high-energy efficiency pumps and the growing focus on wastewater management systems is expected to drive the market over the study period.
- A positive displacement pump moves a fluid by repeatedly enclosing a fixed volume with the aid of seals or valves and moving it mechanically through the system. The pump intakes a fixed amount of liquid from the intake pipe and transfers it to a discharge pipe at high pressure.
- Governments in the Asia-Pacific region have introduced stringent policies and regulations regarding wastewater treatment in the municipal and industrial sectors. Operators must deploy water treatment units in their facilities to overcome water scarcity challenges. Therefore, wastewater treatment is expected to create ample opportunities for the positive displacement pumps market in the future.
- China is expected to hold a significant market share in the Asia-Pacific region due to its expanding end-user industry and position as the world's largest automotive industry. Additionally, China's power generation market is increasing at a significant pace to meet the demand of the increasing population.
- Further, India is planning to derive 40% of its energy from renewable sources by 2030, which is at 15% currently. To achieve these energy manufacturing goals, manufacturers, with the government's help, are making significant investments in the industry, which is anticipated to propel market growth over the forecast period.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has considerably impacted the oil and gas and power generation activities worldwide. This further resulted in delays in project construction activities and supply chain disruptions. As a result, the demand for positive displacement pumps was also impacted. However, the economies returning to normalcy and all industries moving back to their full operations increased the demand for these pumps in the market.
Scope of the Report
The market study analyses the market trends and opportunities for different types of positive displacement pumps, such as Diaphragm, Piston, Gear, Lobe, Progressive Cavity, Screw, Vane, and Peristaltic others that are used in the various end-user industry application. These pumps find applications in process, and manufacturing industries, among others. Further, the study analyzes the impact of COVID-19 on the market players and its stakeholders across the supply chain.
|By End-user Industry|
|Oil & Gas|
|Food & Beverage|
|Waste & Wastewater|
|Other End-user Industries|
|Rest of Asia Pacific|
Key Market Trends
Waste and Wastewater Industry is Expected to Register Significant Growth
- Most of the human and industrial activities that use water produce wastewater. As the overall water demand grows, the quantity of wastewater produced and its overall pollution load are continuously increasing in the region. As a result, regional governments have introduced strict policies and regulations regarding wastewater treatment for both the municipal and industrial sectors.
- Around two-thirds of the world's population live in areas that experience water scarcity for at least one month a year. Around 50% of the people facing this level of water scarcity live in India and China. Therefore, the demand for wastewater treatment, produced as a result of human and industrial sector water usage, is expected to grow to improve the efficiency of water usage and meet the water demands.
- Moreover, in November 2021, China published new guidelines for wastewater reuse, raising the proportion of sewage that must be treated to reuse standards to 25% by 2025. This further proves the country's ambition to transition from capacity expansion to a greater emphasis on treated effluent quality. As part of the effort, China aims to construct and upgrade 80,000km of wastewater collection pipelines over the next five years.
- As per the China Ministry of Ecology and Environment, China discharged 55.7 billion cubic meters of wastewater in 2020, 26% of which originated from industrial sources.
- According to the China National Bureau of Statistics, China invested USD 81.6 billion in its municipal wastewater system from 2015 to 2020. The investment included sewage pipeline construction and maintenance, new treatment facilities, rainwater-sewage diversion systems, sludge mitigation, reclaimed water, and initial rainfall treatment. Moreover, as of January 2020, China’s 10,113 water treatment plants treat wastewater for 95% of municipalities and 30% of rural areas.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
China to Hold a Significant Share
- China is one of the largest producer of electricity globally. The country's energy demand is expected to increase, resulting in energy production growth. For instance, China unveiled the world's second-largest solar power plant in 2020. With a capacity of 2.2 GW, this solar park in Qinghai Province in China's northwest is among the world's most significant plants, second only to the 2.245 GW-capacity Bhadla solar park in India. The giant power station is anticipated to be one of the proposals central government's proposals to create a renewable energy super grid in the western part.
- According to the energy company BP, in 2020, China accounted for 26% of global primary energy consumption. The firm also estimated that, by 2040, China may still be at the top of the list and account for a significant share of global energy consumption. President Xi Jinping pledged in December 2020 that China could boost the share of non-fossil fuels in primary energy consumption to around 25% by 2030 from a previous commitment of 20%.
- According to the National Bureau of Statistics, China's crude throughput rose 4.6% yearly to 14.13 million in 2021 despite refineries cutting crude runs by 2.1% in December to offset product inventory pressure.
- According to OEC World, in 2020, China exported USD 687 million in reciprocating positive displacement pumps, making it the 3rd largest exporter of reciprocating positive displacement pumps worldwide. China imported USD 975 million in reciprocating positive displacement pumps, becoming the world's 1st largest importer of the same.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Asia-Pacific positive displacement pumps market is witnessing a rise in competitiveness among companies. The market consists of various players, including Atlas Copco and The Weir Group PLC, among others. However, with the growing technological innovations, many companies are increasing their market presence by securing new contracts and tapping new markets.
- June 2021 - Ingersoll Rand Inc., a global provider of mission-critical flow creation and industrial solutions, has announced the acquisition of a positive displacement pump manufacturer, seepex GmbH, for EUR 431.5 million.
- February 2022 - NETZSCH Pumps and Systems announced the expansion of its product portfolio with the launch of the PERIPRO peristaltic pump. The pump model is available in chemical, industrial, and food versions. Moreover, the newly launched product complements the company's well-known technologies of NEMO progressing cavity pumps, NOTOS multi screw pumps, and TORNADO rotary lobe pumps.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increased Focus on Wastewater Management
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 High Cost
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
6.1.5 Progressive Cavity
6.2 By End-user Industry
6.2.1 Oil & Gas
6.2.3 Food & Beverage
6.2.4 Waste & Wastewater
6.2.7 Other End-user Industries
6.3 By Country
6.3.4 South Korea
6.3.5 Rest of Asia Pacific
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Atlas Copco
7.1.2 The Weir Group PLC
7.1.3 KSB SE & Co. KGaA
7.1.4 NETZSCH Holding
7.1.5 Pentair PLC
7.1.6 SPX Flow Inc.
7.1.7 Sulzer AG
7.1.8 Xylem Inc.
7.1.10 TSURUMI MANUFACTURING CO.,LTD.
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The APAC Positive Displacement Pumps Market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of APAC Positive Displacement Pumps Market?
The APAC Positive Displacement Pumps Market is growing at a CAGR of 3.67% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in APAC Positive Displacement Pumps Market?
Atlas Copco, The Weir Group PLC, KSB SE & Co. KGaA, NETZSCH Holding, Pentair PLC are the major companies operating in APAC Positive Displacement Pumps Market.