Asia-Pacific Polyurethane (PU) Adhesives Market
The market was estimated at USD XX million in 2016 and is likely to reach USD XX million by 2021, at an estimated CAGR of XX % during the forecast period, 2016-2021.
Polyurethane (PU) adhesives are polymer-based adhesives, prepared from urethane polymers with a chemical base of an isocyanate group. They provide a strong bonding between two substrates. Polyurethane adhesives are available as both, thermoplastic and thermoset adhesives. They are commonly known as elastic adhesives, owing to their excellent elasticity and elongation properties.
The polyurethane adhesives market is driven by many factors, such as the growing automotive industry in the region, increased usage in footwear, dynamic economic development in emerging economies in the region, etc. However, this market faces certain drawbacks, such as volatility in the raw material prices and stringent environmental regulations regarding VOC emissions.
Polyurethane (PU) adhesives, owing to their high fracture resistance, excellent elongation and elasticity properties (before the occurring of fracture) are becoming an integral part of various commercial and industrial sectors. The Asia-Pacific polyurethane (PU) adhesives market, based on product type, can be segmented into thermosetting, thermoplastics, and others. In addition, this market is segmented into major end-user sectors, such as automotive, construction, furniture, packaging, electrical and electronics, footwear, and others. The construction segment dominated the Asia-Pacific polyurethane (PU) adhesives market, with a market share of XX% in 2016 (shown below).
The market has been further segmented by countries into China, India, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand, and the Rest of Asia-Pacific. In terms of market revenue, China led the market with a share of XX% in 2015. Continuous improvements in economic conditions in the Asia-Pacific region have enhanced the financial status of the consumers, which in-turn has increased the demand for building and automobiles, especially in countries such as India and China, consequently, making it a region of immense potential and opportunities.
Opportunities and Major Players
The rapidly growing construction industry and growing usage and shifting focus towards bio-based polyurethane adhesives are expected to offer numerous opportunities to the growth of the Asia-Pacific polyurethane (PU) adhesives market.
Some of the major companies dominating this market for its products, services, and continuous product developments are:
- Arkema Group (Bostik SA)
- Dow Chemicals
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Ashland Inc.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Asia-pacific polyurethane (PU) adhesives market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a country-wise scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a country-wise scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies, along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Asia-Pacific polyurethane (PU) adhesives market on a country-wise scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and identification of the regions that are still untapped.
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. North America Polyurethane Adhesives Market
3.1 Current Market Scenario
3.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.3 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Buyer
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Supplier
3.3.3 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.3.4 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increased Demand from the Footwear industry
4.1.2 Accelerating Demand from the Packaging Industry
4.1.3 Increasing Demand for Lightweight Vehicles
4.1.4 Increasing Economic Development in Emerging Economies
4.2.1 Stringent Environmental Regulations Regarding VOC Emissions
4.3.1 Growing Construction Industry
4.3.2 Shifting Focus Towards Bio-Based Polyurethane Adhesives
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By Product Type
5.2 By End-User Industry
5.2.5 Electricals & Electronics
6. Asia-Pacific Market Analysis (Market Size, Growth and Forecast)
6.4 South Korea
6.9 Australia & New Zealand
6.10 Rest of APAC
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
7.2 Joint Ventures Collaborations and Agreements
7.3 Market Share Analysis
7.4 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles
8.2 Alfa International Corporation
8.3 Arkema Group (Bostik SA)
8.4 Ashland Inc.
8.5 Avery Dennison Corp.
8.6 Cyberbond Llc
8.7 Dow Chemical Co.
8.9 Franklin International
8.10 H.B. Fuller Co.
8.11 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
8.12 Hexcel Corporation
8.14 Huntsman Corp.
8.15 Jowat AG
8.16 LORD Corp.
8.18 Mapei Spa
8.19 Master Bond
8.20 Paramelt B.V
8.21 Permabond Engineering Adhesives Ltd.
8.22 Pidilite Industries Ltd.
8.23 Royal Adhesives and Sealants
8.24 Sika AG
8.25 Super Glue Corp.
8.26 Wacker Chemie AG
8.27 Yokohama Industries