The Asia-Pacific biomedical sensors market is expected to reach USD 3.90 billion by 2018 at a CAGR of 7.05% over the period 2016-2021.The near future will bring biomedical sensors that are adaptable to the genetic formulation of each individual. These sensors can be set to trigger alerts when unpredictable readings are enlisted, screen the existence of toxic agents in the blood, or empower drug directly into the circulatory system. These sensors are set to find their demand in the healthcare industry.
Biomedical sensors are driven by the increased demand in the hazardous environments, utilization in situations resulting natural disasters, increased demand in healthcare sector for diabetic and heart patients, and embedded monitoring of the patients. The advancement in technology has made it possible to build a biomedical sensor using nano and micro technology making it tiny, robust, smart, and cost-effective. The early detection of irregularities in the health status of the patients will contribute to the better quality of life.
Even though biomedical sensors are playing a major role in life saving, they are facing certain challenges such as patient’s safety and comfort due to strong electromagnetic fields, transferring energy from external to internal parts with high efficiency and high data rates, limited computation and data storage, and ultra-low power consumption. APAC tends to be second largest market among geographical regions worldwide throughout the forecasted period. China, India, and Japan account for more than 75% of the Asia-Pacific biomedical sensors market.
The Asia-Pacific biomedical sensors market is segmented on the basis of type (temperature, accelerometer, pressure, chemical, and biochemical), and application (pharmaceutical, healthcare).
This report gives a detailed study of the Porter’s five forces analysis of the market. All the five major factors in these markets have been quantified using the internal key parameters governing each of them. It also covers the market landscape of these players, which includes the key growth strategies and competition analysis.
The report considers key trends that will impact the industry and profiles over 10 leading suppliers of the Asia-Pacific biomedical sensors market. Some of the top companies mentioned in the report are:
- Entra Health Systems
- FISO Technologies Inc.
- LumaSense Technologies
- Opsens, Inc.
- Zephyr Technology Corp.
What the Report Offers
- Market definition for the Asia-Pacific biomedical sensors along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the Asia-Pacific biomedical sensors market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Asia-Pacific biomedical sensors market on a regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Key Findings of the Study
1.4 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2.1 Growing Demand for fitness devices
4.2.2 Increasing spendings on diagnostics
4.2.3 Rising health concerns
4.2.4 Growing Technology Awareness
4.3.1 High costs of the systems
4.3.2 Safety issues related to prolonged usage
4.4.1 Unexplored Markets in Developing nations
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's 5 Force Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.5.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
4.6 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Asia-Pacific Biomedical Sensors Market Segmentation - Market Share, Trends, Forecast (2016-2021)
6.1 By Type
6.1.3 Image Sensors
6.1.5 Inertial Sensors
6.1.6 Motion Sensors
6.1.7 Electrocardiogram (ECG)
6.2 By Industry
6.3 By Application
6.3.3 Medical Imaging
6.3.5 Fitness and Wellness
6.4 By Countries
6.4.4 South korea
7. Competitive Landscape - Company Profiles
7.1 GE Healthcare
7.2 Honeywell International Inc.
7.3 Stmicroelectronics N.V.
7.4 First Sensor AG
7.5 Medtronic PLC
7.6 Smiths Medical
7.7 Measurement Specialties, Inc.
7.8 Analog Devices, Inc.
7.9 Texas Instruments
7.10 NXP Semiconductor N.V.
7.11 LumaSense Technologies
7.12 Zephyr Technology Corp.
7.13 Nonin Medical Inc.
8. Investment Analysis
8.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
8.2 Investment Opportunities
9. Future of Asia-Pacific Biomedical Sensors Market