|Study Period:||2015 - 2027|
|Largest Share by End User:||Automotive|
|Fastest Growing by End User:||Metallurgy & Metalworking|
The Thailand Lubricants Market stood at 745.18 million liters in 2022 and is projected to register a CAGR of NaN% to reach NaN liters in 2027.
- Largest Segment by End-user Industry - Automotive : Due to the huge volume of engine and gear oils used in motor vehicles compared to any other industrial application, automotive was the largest end user among all categories.
- Fastest Segment by End-user Industry - Metallurgy & Metalworking : Automotive is expected to be the fastest-growing end user segment in Thailand due to the availability of low-cost used cars and the accessibility of credit financing.
- Largest Segment by Product Type - Engine Oils : Due to the high volume of engine oil and the high replacement frequency required to lubricate gasoline engines, engine oil is the most consumed product type in Thailand.
- Fastest Segment by Product Type - Hydraulic Fluids : As Thailand expects an increase in the usage of industrial machinery and electric cars, transmission and gear oils are predicted to rise faster than other product types.
Scope of the Report
|By End User|
|Metallurgy & Metalworking|
|Other End-user Industries|
|By Product Type|
|Transmission & Gear Oils|
|Other Product Types|
Key Market Trends
Largest Segment By End User : Automotive
- In 2020, the automotive industry dominated the Thai lubricants market, accounting for 54% of the total lubricant consumption in the country. During 2015-2019, lubricant consumption in the automotive industry increased by around 4.2%.
- In 2020, COVID-19-related restrictions led to declined maintenance requirements from several industries. The major impact was observed in the automotive industry, which recorded a dip of 14.26% during the year, followed by heavy equipment (10.2%).
- Automotive is likely to be the fastest-growing end-user industry of the Thai lubricants market during 2021-2026, with a CAGR of 3.14%, followed by heavy equipment (2.85%). A recovery in the average mileage of vehicles and new vehicle sales will likely drive lubricant consumption from the automotive industry during the next five years.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Thailand Lubricants Market is fairly consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 69.13%. The major players in this market are Bangchak Corporation, Chevron Corporation, ExxonMobil Corporation, PTT Lubricants and Royal Dutch Shell Plc (sorted alphabetically).
- May 2022: TotalEnergies, NEXUS Automotive Extend Strategic Partnership for a period of five years. As part of this partnership, TotalEnergies Lubricants will be expanding its presence in the burgeoning N! community, which has seen rapid growth in sales from EUR 7.2 billion in 2015 to nearly EUR 35 billion by the end of 2021.
- March 2022: ExxonMobil Corporation company has appointed Jay Hooley as lead managing director of the company.
- January 2022: Effective April 1, ExxonMobil Corporation was organized along three business lines – ExxonMobil Upstream Company, ExxonMobil Product Solutions and ExxonMobil Low Carbon Solutions.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 Automotive Industry Trends
3.2 Manufacturing Industry Trends
3.3 Power Generation Industry Trends
3.4 Regulatory Framework
3.5 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By End User
4.1.2 Heavy Equipment
4.1.3 Metallurgy & Metalworking
4.1.4 Power Generation
4.1.5 Other End-user Industries
4.2 By Product Type
4.2.1 Engine Oils
4.2.3 Hydraulic Fluids
4.2.4 Metalworking Fluids
4.2.5 Transmission & Gear Oils
4.2.6 Other Product Types
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.1 Bangchak Corporation
5.3.2 BP PLC (Castrol)
5.3.3 Chevron Corporation
5.3.4 ExxonMobil Corporation
5.3.5 PTG Energy Public Company Limited
5.3.6 PTT Lubricants
5.3.7 Royal Dutch Shell Plc
5.3.8 Siam Pan Group Public Co. Ltd
5.3.9 Thai Petroleum & Trading Co. Ltd
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Lubricants CEOs
List of Tables & Figures
VEHICLE POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, THAILAND, 2015 - 2026
COMMERCIAL VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, THAILAND, 2015 - 2026
MOTORCYCLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, THAILAND, 2015 - 2026
PASSENGER VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, THAILAND, 2015 - 2026
MANUFACTURING VALUE ADDED, USD BILLION (CURRENT VALUE), THAILAND, 2015 - 2020
POWER GENERATION CAPACITY, GIGAWATT (GW), THAILAND, 2015 - 2020
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY END USER, 2015-2026
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY END USER, 2020
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, AUTOMOTIVE, 2015-2026
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, AUTOMOTIVE, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, HEAVY EQUIPMENT, 2015-2026
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, HEAVY EQUIPMENT, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, METALLURGY & METALWORKING, 2015-2026
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, METALLURGY & METALWORKING, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, POWER GENERATION, 2015-2026
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, POWER GENERATION, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, OTHER END-USER INDUSTRIES, 2015-2026
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, OTHER END-USER INDUSTRIES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2015-2026
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, ENGINE OILS, 2015-2026
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, ENGINE OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY END USER, 2020
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, GREASES, 2015-2026
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, GREASES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY END USER, 2020
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, 2015-2026
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY END USER, 2020
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, METALWORKING FLUIDS, 2015-2026
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, METALWORKING FLUIDS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY END USER, 2020
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, TRANSMISSION & GEAR OILS, 2015-2026
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, TRANSMISSION & GEAR OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY END USER, 2020
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, OTHER PRODUCT TYPES, 2015-2026
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, OTHER PRODUCT TYPES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY END USER, 2020
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ACTIVE COMPANIES, BY NUMBER OF STRATEGIC MOVES, 2018 - 2021
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ADOPTED STRATEGIES, 2018 - 2021
THAILAND LUBRICANTS MARKET SHARE(%), BY MAJOR PLAYERS, 2020
- Vehicle Types - Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles and Motorcycles are the vehicle types considered under the automotive lubricants market.
- Product Types - For the purpose of this study, lubricant products such as engine oils, transmission oils, greases and hydraulic fluids are taken into consideration.
- Service Refill - Service refill is the primary factor considered while accounting the lubricant consumption for each of the vehicle segments, under the study.
- Factory Fill - First lubricant fill-ups for newly produced vehicles are considered.
Mordor Intelligence follows a four-step methodology in all our reports.
- Step-1: Identify Key Variables: The quantifiable key variables (industry and extraneous) pertaining to the specific product segment and country are selected from a group of relevant variables & factors based on desk research & literature review; along with primary expert inputs. These variables are further confirmed through regression modeling (wherever required).
- Step-2: Build a Market Model: In order to build a robust forecasting methodology, the variables and factors identified in Step-1 are tested against available historical market numbers. Through an iterative process, the variables required for market forecast are set and the model is built on the basis of these variables.
- Step-3: Validate and Finalize: In this important step, all market numbers, variables and analyst calls are validated through an extensive network of primary research experts from the market studied. The respondents are selected across levels and functions to generate a holistic picture of the market studied.
- Step-4: Research Outputs: Syndicated Reports, Custom Consulting Assignments, Databases & Subscription Platforms