Saudi Arabia Data Center Server Market Size
|2019 - 2030
|Base Year For Estimation
|Forecast Data Period
|2024 - 2030
|Historical Data Period
|2019 - 2022
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Saudi Arabia Data Center Server Market Analysis
The Saudi Arabia data center server market reached a value of USD 715 million in the previous year, and it is further projected to register a CAGR of 9.6% during the forecast period. The increasing demand for cloud computing among SMEs, government regulations for local data security, and growing investment by domestic players are some of the major factors driving the demand for data centers in the country.
Under Construction IT Load Capacity: The upcoming IT load capacity of the Saudi Arabia data center rack market is expected to reach 855 MW by 2029.
Under Construction Raised Floor Space: The country's construction of raised floor area is expected to increase to 3.4 million sq. ft by 2029.
Planned Racks: The country's total number of racks to be installed is expected to reach above 1,70,000 units by 2029. Riyadh is expected to house the maximum number of racks by 2029.
Planned Submarine Cables: There are close to 4 submarine cable systems connecting Saudi Arabia, and many are under construction. In August 2022, STC announced the opening of the Saudi Vision Cable, the Red Sea's first high-speed cable, via a landing station in Jeddah.
Saudi Arabia Data Center Server Market Trends
Blade Servers To Grow At A Faster Pace In Coming Years
- Reduced power consumption and high processing power contribute to the blade servers in data centers.
- Single or multiple server blades can be inserted or removed without distressing another running system. It reduces hardware costs, which is likely to entice industry players to adopt the technology, thereby fueling market growth. Additionally, each server blade does not consist of a distinct infrastructure and chassis, owing to which the product is relatively cheaper as compared to other solutions.
- To cater to end-user needs, the top companies are focusing on blade servers in data centers. The growing adoption of technologies such as cloud computing, AI, and IT services by businesses is propelling the use of servers in data centers.
- Saudi customers are spending more time and money online, which increases the region's appetite for e-commerce. Digital payment methods control this increase. Consequently, 26% of Saudi consumers currently use digital wallets for transactions. Cash-on-delivery accounts for between 69% and 85% of online orders in Saudi Arabia, while electronic wallets such as PayPal, Amazon Payments, and Google Wallet account for 24% of all sales. Data centers in the nation are expected to benefit from the digitization of the e-commerce sector as more data would need to be processed and stored.
- In the coming future, the evolution of ecommerce will focus on the reengineering of real-time use of data and advanced analytics to achieve these goals. Such achievements would require a large amount of data to be stored, which would drive the need for data center blade servers over the forecast period.
IT & Telecommunication Is The Largest Market In The Country
- Based on the government's digital transformation efforts and cutting-edge technologies such as IoT and artificial intelligence (AI) in all businesses, Saudi Arabia's ICT market is expected to grow steadily during the forecast period. Operators are investing significant efforts in developing enterprise-centric or application-specific service portfolios to leverage investments in 5G networks, which are expected to boost telecom service revenues in the region.
- To advance the 2030 vision goals of digital transformation through e-commerce, digital education, digital health, smart cities, national data, and e-government, MCIT aims to develop a powerful and state-of-the-art digital infrastructure. Saudi Arabia's ICT strategy this year envisages creating more than 25,000 new jobs, growing the IT industry and new technologies by 50 percent, and increasing the sector's contribution to Gross Domestic Product (GDP) by USD 13.3 billion.
- With data growing at an exponential rate, doubling every two years, information processing and analysis tools, as well as storage technology, have become key prerequisites for any nation with a defined digital transformation strategy. Rapid cloud-based technology adoption will help hasten the country's digital transition while protecting mountains of data. With enticing investments from cloud providers such as Google and Oracle, the data center business has started to pick up steam. For instance, Oracle will work with NEOM Tech & Digital Holding Co. as the first tenant in the hyperscale data center at NEOM to serve Saudi Vision 2030. The data center will house Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), which would offer a high-performing, resilient platform for cloud services.
- Saudi Arabia is one of the first (Middle East/ North Africa) MENA countries to deploy a 5G network. According to Saudi Arabia's Communications and Information Technology Commission (CITC), the total number of provinces served by 5G was 60 out of 118 provinces at the end of the second quarter, seven more than in the first quarter of 2021. Media, video downloads, and the surge in online gaming and streaming due to the pandemic have contributed to the strong growth of the fixed Internet market in recent years.
Saudi Arabia Data Center Server Industry Overview
The Saudi Arabia data center server market is moderately competitive and has gained a competitive edge in recent years. In terms of market share, a few major players, such as Dell Inc., International Business Machines (IBM) Corporation, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), Lenovo Group Limited, and Cisco Systems Inc., currently dominate the market.
In August 2023, Dell, Intel, and VMware offered an updated ReadyNode infrastructure solution called vSAN 8.0 with Express Storage Architecture (ESA). This release includes performance and efficiency improvements to meet customers' evolving data center needs.
In August 2023, Hewlett Packard Enterprise announced that global IT services provider phoenixNAP is expanding its bare metal cloud platform with cloud-native HPE ProLiant RL300 Gen11 servers powered by energy-efficient processors from Ampere Computing.
Saudi Arabia Data Center Server Market Leaders
International Business Machines (IBM) Corporation
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
Lenovo Group Limited
Cisco Systems Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Saudi Arabia Data Center Server Market News
- May 2023: By combining the Intersight infrastructure management platform with Unified Computing System (UCS) X-Series servers, Cisco says it can reduce data center energy consumption by up to 52 percent at a four-to-one (4:1) server consolidation ratio.
- March 2023: Supermicro has launched a new server that uses a standalone liquid cooling system and is designed as a platform for developing and running AI software. SYS-751GE-TNRT-NV1 Server is overheating. It features four NVIDIA A100 GPUs consuming 300 W each and liquid-cooled by a standalone system.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumption & Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Number of Smartpone Users
4.2.2 Fiber Connectivity Network Expansion
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Increasing number of Data Security Breaches
4.4 Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.6 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Form Factor
5.1.1 Blade Server
5.1.2 Rack Server
5.1.3 Tower Server
5.2.1 IT & Telecommunication
5.2.4 Media & Entertainment
5.2.5 Other End-User
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Dell Inc.
6.1.2 Hewlett Packard Enterprise
6.1.3 International Business Machines (IBM) Corporation
6.1.4 Lenovo Group Limited
6.1.5 Cisco Systems Inc.
6.1.6 Kingston Technology Company Inc.
6.1.7 Quanta Computer Inc.
6.1.8 Super Micro Computer Inc.
6.1.9 Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
6.1.10 Inspur Group
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the current Saudi Arabia Data Center Server Market size?
The Saudi Arabia Data Center Server Market is projected to register a CAGR of 9.60% during the forecast period (2024-2030)
Who are the key players in Saudi Arabia Data Center Server Market?
Dell Inc., International Business Machines (IBM) Corporation, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), Lenovo Group Limited and Cisco Systems Inc. are the major companies operating in the Saudi Arabia Data Center Server Market.
What years does this Saudi Arabia Data Center Server Market cover?
The report covers the Saudi Arabia Data Center Server Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Saudi Arabia Data Center Server Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029 and 2030.
Saudi Arabia Data Center Server Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Saudi Arabia Data Center Server market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Saudi Arabia Data Center Server analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2024 to 2030 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.