Nematicides Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Nematicides Market Analysis
The Nematicides Market is projected to register a CAGR of 5.8% during the forecast period.
- Nematicides are chemical agents that are used to control parasitic worms. During the study period, it was found that although the advent of bio-based nematicides is registering a high growth rate in terms of development and adoption, the chemical nematicides segment still occupies the largest share of the overall market. The rate of application of halogen compounds and other fumigants outpaces that of organophosphate and carbamate, as soil fumigation is intensively practiced for controlling root-knot nematodes in vegetable crops across the world. However, liquid nematicides that are non-fumigant in nature are being increasingly adopted by farmers as a result of the rising concerns about the effects on the environment and human health.
- According to research, fluensulfone, a recently produced active component, reduced potato cyst nematode infection by 43% and boosted potato yield by 62% in the United States. North America was the largest region for registered nematicide use in 2021. Several agricultural service companies have also been trying to capitalize on the emerging demand for bio-nematicides through extensive R&D activities. For instance, FMC Corporation entered into a strategic partnership agreement with Novozymes, a prominent biological solutions provider in 2021 to study, co-develop, and commercialize multiple biological enzyme-based crop protection solutions such as bio nematicides for growers globally.
- In Europe, multiple nematodes (roundworms), such as root-knot, cyst, sting, and lance, prevalent on a wide range of crops grown organically in the region, are further expected to push the demand for nematicides in the coming years. Therefore, the increase in demand for bio-based nematicides globally and the increasing infestation of nematodes in the crops is anticipated to drive the market during the forecast period.
Nematicides Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Nematicides Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Demand for Bio-based Nematicides
Although synthetic or chemical nematicides continue to witness a positive trajectory in demand. Emerging preference for biological nematicides has also been observed in recent years, primarily due to the rapid adoption of integrated pest management (IPM) techniques and sustainable agricultural practices globally. Empirical observations have revealed that bio-nematicides act synergistically with other agricultural inputs as an important component under environment-friendly IPM programs. For instance, According to the International Organization for Biological Control, there had been numerous developments in the commercialization of bio-nematicides in the United States in the past few years. Extensive research has been conducted in developing Pasteuria spp. and Purpureocillium lilacinus as potential nematicides.
In developing countries like India, the usage of bio-nematicides is growing in recent years. For instance, under the scheme Strengthening & Modernization of Pest Management Approach (SMPMA), the overall use of bio-pesticides, including bio-nematicides, in India increased from 123.0 metric ton in 1995 to 7,682.0 metric ton in 2020. Integrated pest management has been a compulsory regulation in the European Union as part of its strategy toward achieving sustainability in agriculture and reduction of pesticide risks.
The area under organic farmland in Europe rose drastically from 13.4 million hectares in 2018 to 14.7 million hectares in 2020. Several agricultural service companies have also been trying to capitalize on the emerging demand for bio-nematicides through extensive Research and Development (R&D) activities. For instance, in 2021, BASF launched its first bionematicide, Votivo Prime, in Brazil. The new bacterium Bacillus Firmus-based bionematicide reduces stress on rice, corn, soybeans, wheat, and cotton. Therefore, the increasing demand for biological nematicides is anticipated to drive the overall nematicide market during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America Dominates the Global Market
Due to the presence of various nematode species attacking a wide range of economically important crops, as well as the awareness of farmers regarding the application of chemical nematicides, the region has garnered the highest market share. In 2021, by chemical type, the fumigants segment dominated the market. Soil fumigation is the most widely accepted practice for crop treatment against nematodes.
In North America, Meloidogyne, Heterodera, Tylenchulus, Rotylenchulus, and Protylenchulus are the common agricultural pest nematodes. Due to their high volatility, chemical fumigants are used in enclosed spaces, like greenhouses, warehouses, etc. In terms of crops, vegetables, corn, and cotton are majorly affected by nematodes in the United States. The most common nematode species affecting cotton in the United States are southern root-knot (Meloidogyne incognita), reniform (Rotylenchulus reniformis), Columbia lance (Hoplolaimus Columbus), and sting (Belonolaimus longicaudatus). Velum Prime is one of the largest nematicide brands sold in Canada. The increase in the number of nematicide products based on the aforementioned nematodes is estimated to drive the market during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Nematicides Industry Overview
The Nematicides Market is a consolidated market, with the major players occupying a large share. The major players are American Vanguard Corporation, BASF SE, Bayer AG, Syngenta International AG, Corteva Agriscience, and UPL Limited in the market. The other prominent players active in the nematicides market include Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd, Nufarm Ltd, ADAMA LTD, and Marrone Bio Innovations Inc. These major players are investing in new products and improvisation of products, expansions, and acquisitions for business expansions. Another major area of investment is the focus on R&D to launch new products at lower prices.
Nematicides Market Leaders
American Vanguard Corporation
Bayer CropScience AG
Syngenta International AG
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Nematicides Market News
- December 2022: Corteva Agriscience announced the launch of Lumialzam, which is first biological nematicide for seed treatment in Brazil. They contribute to the health and restoration of the soil in a sustainable way.
- March 2022: BioConsortia Inc. launched two new nematicides for corn and other food crops. The new products control nematodes and protect plant roots from damage. In addition, these products also control insect pests in greenhouse conditions and increase yields.
Nematicides Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Chemical Type
5.1.1 Halogen Compounds and Other Fumigants
5.1.4 Bio-based Nematicides
5.2.3 Emulsifiable Concentrates
5.2.4 Other Formulations
5.3.1 Grains and Cereals
5.3.2 Pulses and Oilseeds
5.3.3 Commercial Crops
5.3.4 Fruits and Vegetables
5.3.5 Other Applications
5.4.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 Rest of North America
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Stretegies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 American Vanguard Corporation
6.3.2 BASF SE
6.3.3 Bayer CropScience AG
6.3.4 Corteva Agriscience
6.3.5 Syngenta International AG
6.3.6 FMC Corporation
6.3.7 UPL Limited
6.3.8 Bioworks Inc.
6.3.9 Isagro SpA
6.3.10 Marrone Bio Innovations Inc.
6.3.11 Nufarm Limited
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Nematicides Market Research FAQs
What is the current Nematicides Market size?
The Nematicides Market is projected to register a CAGR of 5.8% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Nematicides Market?
American Vanguard Corporation, BASF SE, Bayer CropScience AG, Syngenta International AG and Corteva Agriscience are the major companies operating in the Nematicides Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Nematicides Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Nematicides Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in the Nematicides Market.
Nematicides Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Nematicides market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Nematicides analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.