The Middle East region is one of the major hubs for food logistics market because of its huge food imports. The region imports millions of food items from around the world because of lack of arable land. The food import in this region in 2010 was 15.3% of the total merchandise imports. To sustain this much of food imports and for the foods to sustain for a longer time aseptic packaging is needed.
The Middle East and Africa aseptic packaging market is expected to grow from USD 5.68 billion in 2016 to USD 9.04 billion by the end of 2021 at a CAGR of 8.05%. The United Arab Emirates and South Africa are set to be the largest markets in terms of revenue followed by Turkey and Saudi Arabia. The economy of the Middle East countries grew from 3% to more than 5% in 2012 and the inflation rate has remained relatively constant. This gives the consumer more money in hand to spend on products from the markets.
Africa’s food system is currently valued at USD 313 billion from agriculture. It is expected to grow to a trillion dollar food market by 2030 if the region expands its electricity grid, betters its technology, gets more capital and irrigates its lands. The region is a major importer of rice and pays more than USD 3.5 billion a year. With the rising demand for packaged foods and food imports, there is a need to keep costs down and investments in food processing are propelling the growth of aseptic packaging in the region.
African economy, for the most part, is booming given the relatively stable political scenario in the region. Africa’s GDP growth from 4.7% in 2013 to 5.2% in 2014 and the FDI growth of 16%, reaching USD 43 billion in 2014, show a positive economic trend. Countries across Africa, from mineral-rich Sierra Leone and Congo to agrarian economies like Ethiopia and Rwanda, have shown growth across multiple macro-economic parameters.
There is an increase in demand for longer shelf life products from consumers and retail outlets as well as guarantee that these products will not be soiled if transported across long distances. Furthermore, environmental concerns and laws force manufacturers to use those packaging solutions which can meet these demands. Aseptic packaging helps in addressing these concerns while maintaining the required established quality standards.
The concerns for this area are that the region is prone to be unstable. This instability caused due to extremism and terrorism affects the companies investing in the market and also spooks the future investors. With the USA providing a lot of support to countries from this region these fears should be allayed. As sanctions against Iran are being lifted gradually this region will grow and prosper.
The region also doesn’t have much of arable land so it is heavily dependent on food imports and with instability surrounding the region the imports of products will get hampered and this will affect the aseptic packaging market.
Some the major vendors in aseptic packaging are Amcor, Bemis, Krones, Bosch, CFT and DuPont. Some other companies with innovative products mentioned in the report are Evergreen Packaging, Lamican, Wild Flavours GmbH and Graham Packaging Company.
Demand for longer product shelf life, expansion of large multinational companies to emerging markets and new innovative packaging technologies are the major drivers for the high growth of the aseptic packaging market.
Concern about the environmental effects of aseptic packages; increased government regulations regarding the recycling of these materials. Further, rising raw materials cost will be a major challenge for the market growth over the coming years.
Reasons to buy this report
- The report gives complete market insights, the driving forces of the market, the challenges market faces, about different aseptic packaging technologies and their applications.
- It gives market trends by type of aseptic packaging technology and by applications.
- A complete market breakdown has been done by different countries to give a detailed picture of the market in that particular region.
- The report also gives information on major vendors of aseptic packaging products, their existing share in the market, strategies they adopt along with the major products, financials, recent developments and profile of these vendors.
Who is this report useful for?
- Vendors who are into manufacturing of these products as they can get an overview of what competitors are doing and also which markets they can look forward to expanding their operations.
- Processed food suppliers in need of better understanding of different technologies and products.
- Investors who are willing to invest in this market.
- Consultants who can have readymade analysis to guide their clients.
- Anyone who wishes to know more about this market.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Large Multinational Companies are Expanding Their Operations to Emerging Markets
4.2.2 Demand for Longer Product Shelf Life
4.2.3 Improved Technologies in Packaging and Processing of Aseptic Products
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Concerns over Environment and Recycling
4.3.2 Increasing Cost of Raw Materials
4.4 Opportunities in the MEA Aseptic packaging market
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Model
4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute products or Services
4.6.5 Competitive Rivalry among the existing Competitors
5. Technology Overview
6. Middle East & African Aseptic Packaging Market - Segmented by Packaging Materials
7. Middle East & African Aseptic Packaging Market - Segmented by Packaging Type
7.1 Carton Boxes
7.2 Bags and Pouches
7.3 Cups and Trays
7.4 Bottles and Jars
7.5 Metal Cans
7.6 Plastic Cans
7.7 Composite Cans
8. Middle East & African Aseptic Packaging Market - Segmented by End-User Industry
8.3 Pharmaceutical & Medical
9. Middle East & African Aseptic Packaging Market - Segmented by Countries
9.1 United Arab Emirates
9.2 South Africa
9.4 Saudi Arabia
10. Key Vendors – Company Profiles (List Populated Globally)
10.2 Bemis Company
10.3 Krones, Inc.
10.5 CFT S.P.A.
10.6 Coesia S.P.A.
10.7 DS Smith Plc
10.8 Aseptic Solutions USA
10.9 Schott AG
10.10 Goglio S.P.A.
10.12 Tetra Laval
10.13 Greatview Aseptic Packaging
10.14 Reynolds Group Holdings
10.15 Ecolean Packaging
11. Investment Analysis
12. Future of the Middle East and African Aseptic Packaging Market