Mexico Print Label Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 1.36 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 1.72 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||4.79 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Mexico Print Label Market Analysis
The Mexico Print Label Market size is expected to grow from USD 1.36 billion in 2023 to USD 1.72 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 4.79% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
The COVID-19 outbreak and lockdown restrictions across the globe have affected manufacturing activities across the world and has created a supply pressure for a short term on packaging manufacturers, as raw material suppliers across the globe have been functioning at lowered efficiencies.
- However, on a positive note, the healthcare industry, which has been deemed essential during the COVID-19 pandemic by governments across the globe, has been driving demand for market growth. The increasing usage of pharmaceuticals and medicals devices amidst the pandemic, has provided significant opportunities for the print label manufacturers in the country. Over the coming months, the industry is expected to observe significant boost in the consumption rates.
- Further, factors like the increasing demand for manufactured goods and an upsurge in the disposable income of people in Mexico are expected to propel the prospects for market growth during the forecast period.
- Mexico is one of the largest and most competitive labels market in Latin America. According to research conducted by the Mexican magazine, Label Pack and Canagraf, the national chamber for the graphic arts industry, stated that there was a rise in the number of label printers in the last decade, from around 300 companies to some 450-550 companies.
- Exports to the United States alone contributed to more than USD 289.5 billion in 2019. A higher demand for manufacturing exports, such as vehicles, electrical machinery, industrial machinery, optical and medical instruments, and agricultural produce, is expected to influence the print label market positively.
- The food processing and agriculture-based industries have registered a growing interest for sustainable and greener packaging solutions. They also demand flexible packaging, with longer shelf life and attractive graphics. Changing needs of buyers, greater acceptance of color digital printing, and demand for more personalized offerings are shaping the print label industry.
Mexico Print Label Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Mexico Print Label Market according to our research experts:
Offset Printing Expected to Have Significant Growth Rate
- Offset printing is a dominant industrial printing technology used to print a wide range of products, such as packaging for boxes or cartons. Offset printing, also called lithography, is a process wherein the oily ink printing works only on lipophilic areas of the flat surface, where image and non-image areas coexist. The inked image is transferred or offset from the printing surface to a rubber blanket.
- High quality printing techniques, cost effectiveness, and changing preferences of packaging buyers are some of the factors fueling growth of the market in order to tap larger consumer base. Most of the applications of offset printing are difficult to replace with other substitutes, due to the unique printing technology and advanced features
- In the current scenario, offset remains the most cost-effective, versatile, reliable, and flexible printing technology across Mexico. In the coming years, the advanced technological integration with offset printer will likely lead to huge competition from rotogravure printers in the packaging arena.
- The markets that are highly receptive to offset printing are the wine, liquor, and cosmetics market. Offset printing is effective for multiple-color labelling (up to 6 colors) and printing halftone artwork. Offset printing is idealized on round containers, such as plastic cosmetic tubes and bottles for creams.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Beverages to Dominate the Market Share
- Labelling has been an indispensable part of marketing, which has a profound influence on consumer purchasing patterns. In the beverage industry, brand owners are looking for new approaches to develop labels, in order to attract consumers’ interest.
- With the growth of digital printing, label manufacturers are offering to customize packaging and personalization of products for customers. Moreover, increasing safety norms and regulations by respective regulatory bodies of the countries are making print label manufacturers adhere to several guidelines.
- The beverage industry is witnessing an increasing trend of print labeling, owing to personalization. Manufacturers are continually looking for new ways to present their products and create new identities for their brands. This demand forces new labeling technologies to develop and expand continuously. Hence, the advent of customized labelling is attracting consumers toward purchasing products with a differentiating factor and helping brands take advantage of the potentially untapped part of the labelling market.
- With the growing wine market, the need for labeling is becoming crucial. According to the Mexican Wine Council (CMV), the average per capita consumption of wine increased from almost 450 milliliters in 2012 to 960 milliliters in 2019. The council also estimated that Mexicans consume an average of 9 million boxes. There is a high scope of demand as the value chain in the country has been producing only about 2.4 million boxes of wine (enough to meet just 30% of domestic demand). Such lurking demand could drive the market for labeling in the country.
Mexico Print Label Industry Overview
The Mexican Print Label Market is moderately fragmented with the presence of several market players, such as CCL Industrues, Mondi Group, Avery Dennison, Esko-Graphics BV among others, who enjoy a small market share with a large number of other firms in the industry. The companies keep on innovating and entering into strategic partnerships in order to maintain their market share.
- August 2020 - UPM Raflatac announced that the company has joined the U.S. Plastics Pact. This collaborative, solutions-driven initiative is rooted in four ambitious goals intended to drive significant systems change by unifying diverse cross-sector approaches, setting a national strategy, and creating scalable solutions to create a path forward toward a circular economy for plastics in the United States by 2025.
Mexico Print Label Market Leaders
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Mexico Print Label Market News
- January 2021- Avery Dennison acquired the business of Ohio-based ACPO Ltd. for the purchase price of USD 87.6 million, subject to certain post-closing adjustments. The company ACPO is a leader in pressure-sensitive overlaminate products for the label and flexible packaging markets and has approximately 170 employees.
- November 2020 - CCL Industries Inc., a world leader in specialty label, closed the acquisition of Super Enterprises Printing (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd., based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The company now trades as 'CCL Design' with immediate effect.
Mexico Print Label Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Evolution of Digital Print Technology
5.1.2 Technological Advancements Leading to Reduction in Cost and Run Length
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Lack of Products with Ability to Withstand Harsh Climatic Conditions
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 Print Technology
6.1.6 Digital Printing
6.2 Label Type
6.2.1 Wet-glued Labels
6.2.2 Pressure Sensitive Labels (PSL)
6.2.3 Liner less Labels
6.2.4 In-mold Labels
6.2.5 Shrink Sleeve Labels
6.3 End-user Industry
6.3.7 Other End-user Industries
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles*
7.1.1 Constantia Flexibles
7.1.2 Mondi Group
7.1.3 UPM Raflatec
7.1.4 Esko-Graphics BV
7.1.5 Avery Dennison
7.1.6 CCL Industries
7.1.7 Multi-Color Mexico Corporation
7.1.8 Clondalkin Group
7.1.9 Brady Corporation (Risoul)
7.1.10 RR Donnelly & Sons
7.1.11 3M Mexico SA de CV
7.1.12 Fuji Seal International Inc.
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Mexico Print Label Market Research FAQs
How big is the Mexico Print Label Market?
The Mexico Print Label Market size is expected to reach USD 1.36 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 4.79% to reach USD 1.72 billion by 2028.
What is the current Mexico Print Label Market size?
In 2023, the Mexico Print Label Market size is expected to reach USD 1.36 billion.
Who are the key players in Mexico Print Label Market?
Mondi Group, Avery Dennison, CCL Industries, Constantia Flexibles and UPM Raflatec are the major companies operating in the Mexico Print Label Market.
Mexico Print Label Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Mexico Print Label market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Mexico Print Label analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.