Geotextile Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|CAGR||< 10.00 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||Asia Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Geotextile Market Analysis
The geotextile market is expected to register a CAGR of around 10%, during the forecast period.
The COVID-19 pandemic hindered the market because lockdowns, social distances, and trade sanctions caused significant disruptions to global supply chain networks. The road construction industry has witnessed a decline due to the halt in activities. However, the condition recovered in 2021, which is expected to benefit the market during the forecast period.
- Major factors driving the market study are the growing usage of geotextiles in the construction industry, the increasing usage of geotextiles in mining activities, and the stringent regulatory framework for environmental protection.
- The fluctuating raw material prices are expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Rising awareness about water conservation in the manufacturing sector is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the global market due to government investments in the construction of roads and rail projects, leading to a huge demand for geotextiles from countries such as China, Japan, and India.
Geotextile Market Trends
Increasing Demand in Road Construction
- Geotextiles are made from synthetic polymers, mainly polypropylene, polyester, polyethylene, and others, that are very unlikely to decay under biological and chemical processes.
- This feature makes geotextiles useful in the construction and maintenance of roads. During the past decade, there has been considerable growth in the usage of geotextiles in the construction industry worldwide.
- According to data from the European Disposables and Nonwovens Association (EDANA), around 750 kilometers of geotextile nonwovens are manufactured and sold every year, of which 60% is used on road construction.
- These materials have permeable textile structures, which are used mainly in construction applications. The possible applications of geotextiles in the construction sector have been successfully developed. They offer great/significant benefits in terms of financial feasibility, performance, and durability.
- The public's spending on highway and street construction in the United States has risen steadily during the last decade. In 2021, the public sector spent USD 99 billion on the construction of new streets and highway projects.
- The revenue of the global construction industry is expected to grow steadily over the next few years and reach USD 4.4 trillion by 2030. There were 14,200 road & highway construction businesses in the United States as of 2023, an increase of 0.7% from 2022.
- Most of the available geotextiles are made of polypropylene or polyester. Polypropylene material is strong and durable and is lighter than water. According to a globally leading material manufacturing company, HUBS polypropylene accounts for 35-40% of worldwide output, followed by other materials such as ABS (25%), polyethylene (15%), and polystyrene (10%).
- Various companies are investing in their polypropylene (PP) manufacturing plants to increase the output of PP material that will be used more in construction activities. For instance, in July 2022, the Canadian company Heartland Polymers fully commissioned its polypropylene (PP) plant with a planned production capacity of 525,000 tons of polypropylene per year at the Heartland Petrochemical Complex in Alberta, Canada.
- These materials are used in road, highway, earth dam, railroad, industry, stabilization of soil, control of drainage, tunnel construction, etc.
Thus, the above-mentioned factors are expected to drive the geotextile market over the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region held the largest market share in the overall geotextile market worldwide. The ongoing developments in the construction industry are the main drivers of the geotextile market in the area.
- China is expected to be the major market for geotextiles in the region. The Chinese government plans to expand the high-speed railway network by 2025. China has the world's largest high-speed railway network and is planning to expand it to 50,000 km by 2025.
- During the 13th Five-year Plan period, China's plans included water conservancy construction, power investment, road and railway construction, environmental engineering construction, as well as ports, airports, garbage disposal, rivers and lakes, sand control, and other projects.
- In the coming years, Beijing is expected to make USD 1 trillion of government funds available for construction projects. Construction of canals, dams, and reservoirs has been stepped up, with more than USD 115 billion set to be invested in those projects in 2023.
- According to the India Brand Equity Foundation, the market for roads and highways in India is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 36.16% till 2025 on account of growing government initiatives to improve transportation infrastructure in the country.
- According to the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency, India, the total road network in India is 6.37 million km, comprising all categories of roads (national and state highways, urban and rural roads), which is the second largest in the world. The government has forecasted an investment of USD 350 billion towards road infrastructure in the northeast region of the country during 2020-2025.
- In India, some of the projects, like the Sagarmala Project, Bharatmala Project, Setu Bharatam Project, Rashtriya Rajmarg Zila Sanjoyokta Pariyojna, and Inland Waterways, are anticipated to increase the demand for geotextiles in the country over the forecast period.
- According to the Union Budget 2022, the national highway network is to be expanded by 25,000 km in 2023, 400 new-generation Vande Bharat trains are to be developed in the next 3 years, and 100 cargo terminals are to be developed. This will boost the demand for geotextiles.
- According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, an investment of USD 550 billion is planned to be invested in new federal investments in roads, bridges, mass transit, water infrastructure, resilience, and broadband from 2022 to 2026.
- Therefore, the aforementioned factors may contribute toward the growth in the demand for geotextiles in the Asia-Pacific region during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Geotextile Industry Overview
The geotextile market is partially fragmented in nature. The major companies include HUESKER, Fibertex Nonwoven AS (Schouw & Co.), Tencate Geosynthetics Americas, and TYPAR Geosynthetics, and Asahi Kasei Advance Corporation, among others.
Geotextile Market Leaders
TYPAR Geosynthetics (Polymer Group Inc.)
Tencate Geosynthetics Americas
Fibertex Nonwoven AS (Schouw & Co.)
Asahi Kasei Advance Corporation.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Geotextile Market News
- October 2022: Owens Corning, a global building and construction materials leader expanded its non-wovens geotextile production in Arkansas with an investment of USD 24.5 million. With this new manufacturing plant, the company expanded its portfolio which helped it to gain market value.
- July 2022: The Huesker Group offered novel solutions to reduce the risk of erosion for transport infrastructure located in coastal areas. The company developed geotextile container systems that feature large-format tubes and bags.
- March 2022: The BontexGeo Group, a European industry leader in the production and sale of geosynthetics for civil engineering applications acquired 100% of the shares of Minas de Riotinto, Huelva (ES) based company Geotexan S.A., specialized in the production and sale of geosynthetics and fibers with a strong market position in Spain.
Geotextile Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Usage of Geotextiles in Construction Industry
4.1.2 Increase Usage of Geotextiles in Mining Activities
4.1.3 Stringent Regulatory Framework for Environmental Protection
4.2.1 Fluctuating Raw Material Prices
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value)
5.1.4 Other Materials
5.2.4 Other Types
5.3.1 Road Construction and Pavement Repair
5.3.6 Other Applications
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%) Analysis**/Market Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 AGRU AMERICA INC.
6.4.3 Asahi Kasei Advance Corporation.
6.4.4 Carthage Mills Inc.
6.4.5 Fibertex Nonwovens AS (Schouw & Co.)
6.4.6 GSE Environmental
6.4.9 Low & Bonar
6.4.10 Mattex Geosynthetics
6.4.11 Naue GmbH & Co. KG
6.4.12 Officine Maccaferri SpA
6.4.13 Owens Corning
6.4.14 Swicofil AG
6.4.15 TenCate Geosynthetics Americas
6.4.16 Thrace Group
6.4.17 TYPAR Geosynthetics
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Rising Awareness about Water Conservation in the Manufacturing Sector
7.2 Other Opportunities
Geotextile Market Research FAQs
What is the current Geotextile Market size?
The Geotextile Market is projected to register a CAGR of less than 10% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Geotextile Market?
TYPAR Geosynthetics (Polymer Group Inc.), Tencate Geosynthetics Americas, Fibertex Nonwoven AS (Schouw & Co.), HUESKER and Asahi Kasei Advance Corporation. are the major companies operating in the Geotextile Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Geotextile Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Geotextile Market?
In 2023, the Asia Pacific accounts for the largest market share in the Geotextile Market.
Geotextiles Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Geotextiles market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Geotextiles analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.