Europe is the largest collagen producing market and contributes around XX% of the total market share. The gelatin market is expected to be dominated by Europe, with a market value of USD 1.2 billion by the end of 2023.Collagen is the connective tissue protein used as a gelling agent in food. Personal care and cosmetics are other fields where collagen has high demand.
Owing to the increasing competition, leading companies in Europe are investing in R&D studies associated with Collagen drug delivery systems, which is, in turn, aiding wide application of collage peptide and gelatin.
Collagen was classified by the European Commission as “specified risk material,” due to the high concentration of BSE infection, which weakened the usage of collagen. In the light of these concerns, considerable demand has been created for gelatin replacement products. Europe is responding to this need by developing recombinant gelatin product.
Animal collagen is sourced from cattle, pigskin, and poultry & fish as collagen peptide sources. Out of many food applications, the health benefits of collagen have led to the establishment of the collagen supplements industry. There are many collagen-infused drinks released by the manufacturers, such as soy collagen, cappuccino collagen, etc. They are either marketed as components of protein blends or in combination with fruits/super fruits. Market segment, by regional analysis, covers Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Russia and Italy.
The European collagen market continued to develop, since 2009, as a result of various market dynamics, such as expanding application areas of collagen, growing preference for collagen-based products, increasing geriatric population, preference for minimally invasive or non-invasive technologies and the increasing use of collagen by biomedical industries. The major demand for collagen products is from developed countries of Europe, such as Germany, France, Italy, etc.
Product delivery formats for collagen are evolving in Europe, such as tablets/capsules, powder formulations, - drinks/shots, - nutritional bars, cosmetic products, beauty & health supplements, etc. Companies are planning on issuing equity and debt, which will help accelerate the growth of the collagen market.
Some of the major players are:
- Gelatine Manufacturers of Europe
- Collagen solutions
- Ewald-Gelatine GmbH
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Europe collagen industry, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies, along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Europe collagen market on a regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insight about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Report Descrption
2. Market Overview
2.1 Market Overview
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Growing Use of Collagen-Based Bio-Materials
3.1.2 Development In Collagen-Based Food & Beverage
3.1.3 Fast Growing Collagen Awareness of Dietary Supplements
3.2.1 Delays in Collagen Use Regulatory Approval
3.2.2 Relatively High Pricing & Price Fluctuations
3.3.1 Development of Disease-Resistant Collagen
3.3.2 Innovative Use of Collagen in Food & Beverage
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.1 By Application
4.1.1 Application in Meat processing
4.1.2 Dietary supplements
4.1.3 Food additives
4.1.5 Anti-aging products
4.2 By Sources
4.2.1 Animal-Based Collagen
4.2.2 Marine-Based Collagen
4.3 By Geography
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Most Adopted Market Strategies
5.2 Most Active Companies
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Cargill Inc.
6.2 Gelatine Manufacturers of Europe
6.3 Collagen solutions
6.5 Gelita AG
6.6 Aneva Derma
6.7 Ewald-Gelatine GmbH
6.9 Gold collagen
6.10 Lapi Gelatin
6.11 ITALGELATINE SpA
6.12 Weishardt Group
6.13 Tessenderlo Group
6.14 Danish Crown A/S