China’s soft drink packaging market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.8% in terms of sales volume over the forecast period 2017 - 2022.
In China, energy drinks and bottled water saw the largest year-over-year increase, while carbonates and juice lagged due to growing consumer concerns about sugar content, price, and artificial flavoring. With the rapid increase in living standards and consumption, rapid growth is estimated in the soft drink packaging industry. Among the available soft drinks, carbonated soft drink packaging takes up the largest proportion of China’s soft drink packaging market. Among the packaging types, metal soft drink packaging recorded the highest growth rate in China in 2014 due to strong growth in RTD and energy drinks. Also, more PET bottles are being used in soft drinks categories such as carbonates and bottled water. Compared to other pack types, the PET bottle has the advantages of transparency and no foul odor, which is preferred by consumers. To manufacturers, the price decline in PET material and the thinner PET bottle enables cost savings on raw materials and transportation.
The majority of carbonated soft drinks are sold in aluminum cans and PET bottles. They are also sold in bulk in the food service industry through soda fountains. Only a very small portion of CSDs are still packaged in glass bottles, and these are usually packaged in smaller sizes, due to changing consumer preferences and lifestyles as well as increased costs associated with transporting heavy, low-volume glass containers versus high volume-to-packaging ratio PET bottles and aluminum cans.
China’s soft drink packaging market is segmented on the basis of material (plastic, paper, metal, and glass), soft drink product (juices, bottled water, energy drinks, ready-to-drink (RTD), and carbonates), and products (beverage cans, PET bottles, and boxes).
This report gives a detailed study of Porter’s five forces analysis of the market. All the five major factors in these markets have been quantified using the internal key parameters governing each of them. It also covers the market landscape of these players which includes the key growth strategies and competition analysis. The report considers key trends that will impact the industry and profiles the leading suppliers of China’s soft drink packaging market.
Some of the top companies mentioned in the report are:
- Crown Holdings
- Nuconic Packaging
- Tetra Pak International
- The Scoular Company
- Toyo Seikan
What the Report Offers
- Market definition for China’s soft drink packaging market, along with identification of key drivers and restraints
- Market analysis for China’s soft drink packaging market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a regional scale
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect China’s soft drink packaging market on a regional scale
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Soft Drink Consumption
4.2.2 Increased demand for convenience packaging from consumers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Environmental concerns regarding usage of plastic
4.3.2 Stringent Government Regulations
4.4 Current Opportunities in the China Soft Drinks Packaging Market
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.4 Threat of substitute products and services
4.6.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
4.7 Industry Policies
5. Technology Snapshot
6. China Soft Drinks Packaging Market - Segmented by Primary Material Used
6.2 Paper & Paparboard
7. China Soft Drinks Packaging Market - Segmented by Type
7.1 Bottles Water
7.3 RTD Beverages
7.4 Sport Drinks
8. Competitive Intelligence - Key Company Profiles (List populated based on Global Presence)
8.1 Pactiv, LLC
8.2 Amcor, Ltd.
8.4 Graham Packaging Company
8.5 Ball Corporation
8.6 SIG Combibloc Company Ltd.
8.7 Tetra Pak International
8.9 Toyo Seikan Group Holdings Ltd.
8.10 Rock Tenn Company
8.11 Nuconic Packaging
8.12 The Scoular Company
8.13 Owens-Illinois Inc
8.14 Crown Holdings Incorporated
8.15 Rexam inc
8.16 Alcoa Inc
9. Investment Analysis
9.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
9.2 Investor Outlook
10. Future of China Soft Drinks Packaging Market