Demand for dairy products in China is witnessing high growth on account of increasing demand by the consumers. Despite the slowdown in the Chinese economy, there has been persistent growth in the import of milk or milk products (dairy products).
Greater availability of supermarkets, improving lifestyle, new product development and rising penetration of refrigerators in rural and urban areas has positively impacted the demand for dairy products in the country. Additionally, increasing consumer awareness of the health benefits of consuming calcium has spurred up the demand for the dairy products in the region. Aging population in China is another factor contributing to the growing demand for more natural and calcium-rich products. Whereas, the recent innovation in retail marketing channels has also facilitated the rapid expansion of the Chinese dairy market.
As dairy products are easily susceptible to contamination on prolonged exposure to the atmosphere, they can get soiled, making it unfit for human consumption. To satisfy the needs of the consumers who are becoming more health-conscious, the dairy product manufacturers are slowly changing their existing product packaging portfolio. They are now offering a range of products which are in line with the consumer expectations. One of the major factors which is contributing to this trend is the development of highly efficient packaging solutions for dairy products. The initiatives which have been taken by the packaging companies in terms of innovations and offerings has greatly contributed to the dairy products market growth.
The market for China dairy packaging is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.46% over the forecast period. The gains are mainly driven by the small containers and food eaten/taken away for personal consumption. Pouches and bottles are estimated to gain maximum traction over the next five years.
Moreover, the growing usage of dairy products such as cheese among children and butter and yogurt in food and restaurants chains will also drive the dairy product packaging industry. Different sizes and formats of packaging with longer shelf life are the other major factors that will contribute to dairy packaging market growth in China.
Focus on detrimental effects of packaging on the environment has created the need for sustainable packaging solutions. Government policies and consumer awareness have impacted the demand for the usage of recycled materials for packaging solutions. To reduce energy cost without affecting the flexibility of machinery and design of the products, is one of the key impediments faced by the Chinese dairy packaging solution manufacturers.
Growing demand for multi-layer and tetra packaging along with blow-molded HDPE bottles in the region will open new gateway of opportunities for the market players.
Some of the major players mentioned in the report are Amcor, Mondi Group, Rexam, Aptar Group. Silgan Holdings, Tetra Laval and CAN-PACK S.A.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the China dairy packaging market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the China dairy packaging market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights into the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1. Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.2 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
3.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4 Industry Policies
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
5. Technology Overview
5.1 Technology Snapshot
6. Market Segmentation and Forecasts
6.1 China Dairy Packaging Market by Packaging Type
6.2 China Dairy Packaging Market by Products
6.2.3 Soy Beverages
6.2.5 Coffee Whiteners
6.3 China Dairy Packaging Market by Products
6.3.3 Cartons and Boxes
7. Competition Analysis - Company Profiles
7.2 Mondi Group
7.5 RPC Group
7.9 Silgan Holdings
7.10 Tetra Laval
7.11 DS Smith Plc
7.12 CAN-PACK S.A.
7.13 Prolamina Packaging
8. Investment Analysis
9. Opportunities in China Dairy Packaging Market
10. Future of China Dairy Packaging Market