The global beryllium market is expected to grow at a moderate rate during the forecast period, 2018 to 2023. Asia-Pacific is expected to lead the market owing to its rapid growth in the consumer electronics industry. Beryllium is a silver grey metallic element created through stellar nucleosynthesis and is considered a rare element. It helps in enhancing several physical properties once it is extracted as an associate alloying part to copper, aluminum, magnesium, nickel, and iron. It is generally obtained from two naturally occurring sources of bertrandite ore and beryl (a by-product of small-scale emerald gemstone mining operations).
Soaring Demand in Electronics and Electrical Devices
The market is driven mainly by the accelerating use of beryllium in the manufacturing of connectors, springs, switches, and other components of electronic and electrical devices for aerospace & defense, automotive, oil, gas, energy, healthcare, telecommunications, and other products. Beryllium, owing to its resistance to corrosion, fatigue, and extreme pressure, along with its superior characteristics such as excellent stiffness, high melting point, non-magnetic nature, and light weight, is becoming an integral part of various commercial and industrial sectors. The market does face some drawbacks owing to the health concerns due to exposure to beryllium particulates and the high cost, which has led to the replacement of beryllium with substitute materials.
Asia-Pacific Region to Lead the Market
The United States is the world’s leading source of beryllium, whereas China is the second, and Mozambique the third largest producer. Approximately 65% of the estimated global resources of non-pegmatitic beryllium are in the United States.
The beryllium market can be segmented by major end-user application. The market is also segmented as per alloys, metals, ceramics, and other industrial products.
- November 2017: Growing demand in the defense industry in the economies of China, Japan, and India owing to high investments in that region.
- June 2017: UCB Pharma, Ltd acquired the privately held Beryllium Discovery, LLC.
- March 2016: NGK Metals Corp, part of NGK Insulators of Japan, became the leading producers of beryllium-copper (CuBe) alloy.
Major Players: American Beryllia Inc, Belmont Metals, Materion Corporation., NGK Metals Corporation, and Ulba Metallurgical Plant JSC, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- To understand the impact of end-user applications on the market
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- To understand the dominating technology in the market
- Countries expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you to get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Scope of the Market
1.2 Research Phases
1.3 Study Deliverables
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Accelerating Usage in Aerospace and Defense Sector
4.1.2 Growing Usage in Oil, Gas, and Alternative Energy
4.1.3 Rising Demand and Usage in Automotive Sector
4.1.4 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Environmental Concern Due to its Manufacturing Process
4.2.2 Health Concerns & High Costs Leading To Use of Alternatives
4.3.1 Increasing Penetration in Consumer Electronic Industry
4.3.2 Rapid Adoption and Usage in Health Care Product
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
5.1 By Product Type
5.2 By End-user Industry
5.2.1 Aerospace & Defense
5.2.3 Oil & Gas
5.2.5 Environment and Healthcare
5.2.6 Others (incl. Space Exploration Activities)
6. Regional Market Analysis
6.1 Production Analysis
6.1.1 United States
6.2 Consumption Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2.2 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 Rest of North America
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
6.2.4 Rest of the World
22.214.171.124 South America
126.96.36.199 Middle East & Africa
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
7.2 Market Share Analysis**
7.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services, and Recent Developments)
8.1 American Beryllia Inc.
8.2 American Elements
8.3 Belmont Metals
8.4 IBC Advanced Alloys
8.6 Materion Corporation
8.7 NGK Metals Corporation
8.8 Texas Mineral Resources Corp.
8.9 TROPAG Oscar H. Ritter Nachf GmbH
8.10 Xinjiang Xinxin Mining Industry Co., Ltd.
*List not exhaustive
**Subject to availability in public domain