The market by revenue was $12.79 billion in 2015. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period, to reach $17.2 billion by 2020. With 39% share of global consumption, Asia Pacific has the largest regional market.
Surfactants have a wide range of applications because of its properties like high adsorption rate, elasticity and viscosity. They are used to stabilize rapidly forming bubbles during processes like emulsification and flocculation in various chemical and textile industries.
Based on nature of the product, surfactants can be classified as Synthetic or Bio based. Synthetic surfactants are made of petroleum products and are used in detergents, cleaners, as auxiliaries for textiles, in paintings and coatings. Bio based surfactants are also finding increase in its range of applications as they are renewable and biodegradable.
Bio based surfactants are majorly derived from Oleo chemicals. Malaysia, Indonesia, China and to some extend India are some of the major producers in this segment. In the Asia Pacific region, detergent sector occupies the major surfactant end product segment. Liquid detergents are yet to emerge as a major segment in this region. Powder detergents are one of the majorly used product in China and South East Asia. However, a large section of consumers in India still consumes soap bars.
Some of the major players in the industry are BASF AG, Dow Chemicals, Unilever, Henkel AG and Co. Merch KGaA and Clariant AG.
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS?
1) Market Definition along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis for the Global Chemicals in Petroleum Refinery, chemicals and Polymer synthesis market with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Global Chemicals in Petroleum Refinery, chemicals and Polymer synthesis market on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Looking to Customize Report?